|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In commenting on the guests, what does Quillery reveal the hotel building's original function was?
(a) A sanitarium.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A sports center.
(d) A library.
2. What does Quillery warn Harry about Weber?
(a) He is an avid war enthusiast.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a German supporter.
(d) He is an arms industry organizer.
3. Where is Don Navadel originally from?
4. What does Quillery prefer over war?
(a) Political reasoning.
(c) Martial law.
(d) Targeted air strikes.
5. What does Harry offer the hotel guests as entertainment?
(a) A public debate with Quillery.
(b) A card game.
(c) A karaoke contest.
(d) The blonds' act.
6. What are the Cherrys enjoying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene1?
(c) Hors d'oeuvres.
7. What kind of music does the hotel feature?
(a) A barbershop quartet.
(b) A juke box.
(c) A jazz singer.
(d) A live orchestra.
8. Where are Mr. and Mrs. Cherry from?
9. How do Mr. and Mrs. Cherry seem to the other hotel guests in Act 1?
(b) In love.
10. Who will Dr. Waldersee be a pawn for, according to Quillery?
(a) The British monarchy.
(b) The French military.
(c) The Italian soldiers.
(d) The Nazi regime.
11. Why are the Cherrys upset over the war?
(a) They will see people die.
(b) It will interrupt their skiing.
(c) They will be asked to fight.
(d) It will endanger their lives.
12. How do the men view Irene's accent?
(b) Hard to understand.
13. What takes Weber away at the end of Act 2, Scene1?
(a) He leaves in fear.
(b) A former friend.
(d) Harry asks to speak with him.
14. As Don and Irene discover at the end of Act 1, how many countries can be seen from the main window of the hotel?
15. As they reveal to Harry, how many days before visiting the hotel were the Cherrys married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene do to change the mood of the hotel guests in the first scene of Act 2?
2. In Act 1, where is the train heading before it stops at the hotel?
3. Where does Weber inform Irene the planes are headed?
4. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
5. In the Cherrys' opinion, what does the rest of the world lack, in comparison to their own country?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)