|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry offer the hotel guests as entertainment?
(a) A card game.
(b) A karaoke contest.
(c) A public debate with Quillery.
(d) The blonds' act.
2. What takes Weber away at the end of Act 2, Scene1?
(b) A former friend.
(c) He leaves in fear.
(d) Harry asks to speak with him.
3. What is Quillery denied, causing him to return to the hotel in the first part of Act 2?
(a) Passage across the border.
(b) A rental car.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A train ticket.
4. What are the roads closed to, according to the captain in Act 1?
(a) All traffic.
(b) Large cargo vehicles.
(c) Only trains.
(d) Military vehicles.
5. What does Quillery warn Harry about Weber?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a German supporter.
(c) He is an avid war enthusiast.
(d) He is an arms industry organizer.
6. Where are Mr. and Mrs. Cherry from?
7. Who does Quillery say will benefit from the war?
(c) The people.
8. What is the top priority for Quillery as the Italian officers rush out of the hotel?
(a) Outrunning them.
(b) Avoiding arrest.
(c) Stopping the war.
(d) Crossing the border.
9. Who will Dr. Waldersee be a pawn for, according to Quillery?
(a) The Italian soldiers.
(b) The British monarchy.
(c) The French military.
(d) The Nazi regime.
10. In Act 1, where is the train heading before it stops at the hotel?
11. As Don and Irene discover at the end of Act 1, how many countries can be seen from the main window of the hotel?
12. Who does Irene talk to at the end of Act 2's opening scene?
(a) The Cherrys.
13. As Weber explains to Irene, what is vulnerable now that the planes have left?
(a) The Italian Alps.
(b) The Swiss Alps.
(c) The airfield.
(d) The train station.
14. Which of the following best describes Hotel Monte Gabriele's location?
(d) Highly visible.
15. What does Dr. Waldersee label Quillery's war theory?
(a) A scare tactic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
2. What does Quillery think about Dr. Waldersee's research?
3. How does Irene respond to the notion of an air raid while talking to Weber?
4. Where is Don Navadel originally from?
5. Who is Achilles Weber?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)