|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mr. and Mrs. Cherry seem to the other hotel guests in Act 1?
(d) In love.
2. What has led to the decrease in tourism, affecting the hotel's business?
(a) The war.
(b) The lack of snow.
(c) The time of year.
(d) The threat of a government takeover.
3. What type of planes are Irene and Weber talking about in the first scene of Act 2?
4. What nationality is the hotel's owner, Pittaluga?
5. In the Cherrys' opinion, what does the rest of the world lack, in comparison to their own country?
(b) World influence.
(c) A competent military.
6. What takes Weber away at the end of Act 2, Scene1?
(a) Harry asks to speak with him.
(b) A former friend.
(d) He leaves in fear.
7. Who are above war, according to the Cherrys?
(a) British people.
8. What are the Cherrys enjoying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene1?
(c) Hors d'oeuvres.
9. What nationality are Irene's relatives, as she explains in the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) French and American.
(b) Russian and American.
(c) Russian and English.
(d) French and English.
10. According to Quillery, who will pay for Weber's profession?
(a) The poor working man.
(b) The government.
(c) The rich.
(d) The politicians.
11. In Act 1, where is the train heading before it stops at the hotel?
12. What does Quillery warn Harry about Weber?
(a) He is an arms industry organizer.
(b) He is a German supporter.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He is an avid war enthusiast.
13. What does Irene order when she goes to the bar in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Vodka, straight up.
(b) Martini, shaken, not stirred.
(c) Iced water.
(d) Club soda.
14. What kind of research does Dr. Waldersee do?
(a) Sports medicine.
(c) Mental illness.
15. Where were the Cherrys married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country are the blond girls in Harry's act from?
2. What does Harry offer the hotel guests as entertainment?
3. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
4. During their conversation in Act 2, Scene 1, what kind of an air raid does Weber tell Irene is possible?
5. Where is Don Navadel originally from?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)