|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don provide for the hotel guests?
(a) Sports lessons and activities.
(d) Room service.
2. What is Irene excited about seeing, if an air raid occurs?
(a) A snow explosion.
(b) The ground shake.
(c) A bright light.
(d) A lot of people running.
3. What takes Weber away at the end of Act 2, Scene1?
(a) A former friend.
(c) Harry asks to speak with him.
(d) He leaves in fear.
4. What has Don disgruntled at the beginning of the play?
(a) He doesn't have enough breaks.
(b) His talents are not being utilized.
(c) He is expected to do too much.
(d) His pay is not enough for the work he is doing.
5. Why is Dr. Waldersee distressed when he first enters the hotel?
(a) Because he has been denied access to Switzerland.
(b) Because he has been denied access to Italy.
(c) Because he is afraid of cold weather.
(d) Because he has lost his medical equipment.
6. Who will Dr. Waldersee be a pawn for, according to Quillery?
(a) The British monarchy.
(b) The French military.
(c) The Italian soldiers.
(d) The Nazi regime.
7. Where does Weber inform Irene the planes are headed?
8. What nationality is the hotel's owner, Pittaluga?
9. As they reveal to Harry, how many days before visiting the hotel were the Cherrys married?
10. As Weber explains to Irene, what is vulnerable now that the planes have left?
(a) The Italian Alps.
(b) The airfield.
(c) The train station.
(d) The Swiss Alps.
11. What does the captain speculate at the end of the first act?
(a) Italy is at war with France.
(b) Germany has surrendered.
(c) The roads will be opening soon.
(d) America has joined the war effort.
12. As Sherwood uses the guests in the hotel to illustrate the various dispositions of countries at the time, what do the Cherrys represent?
13. What does Quillery think about Dr. Waldersee's research?
(a) It is extremely valuable.
(b) It is worthless.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) It is fabricated.
14. What does Harry offer the hotel guests as entertainment?
(a) The blonds' act.
(b) A karaoke contest.
(c) A card game.
(d) A public debate with Quillery.
15. Where is Quillery originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. During their conversation in Act 2, Scene 1, what kind of an air raid does Weber tell Irene is possible?
2. What does Irene tell about her relatives as she is entertaining other hotel guests at the end of the first scene in Act 2?
3. Who does Irene talk to at the end of Act 2's opening scene?
4. What causes the train to stop as the play opens?
5. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)