|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the train to stop as the play opens?
(a) Suspicion of spies on board the train.
(b) Maintenance issues.
(c) Suspicion of war.
(d) The inclimate weather.
2. What does Irene tell about her relatives as she is entertaining other hotel guests at the end of the first scene in Act 2?
(a) The reason she left them.
(b) Their war experiences.
(d) Family secrets.
3. As Don and Irene discover at the end of Act 1, how many countries can be seen from the main window of the hotel?
4. What type of planes are Irene and Weber talking about in the first scene of Act 2?
5. As Weber explains to Irene, what is vulnerable now that the planes have left?
(a) The Italian Alps.
(b) The train station.
(c) The Swiss Alps.
(d) The airfield.
6. What does Harry offer the hotel guests as entertainment?
(a) The blonds' act.
(b) A public debate with Quillery.
(c) A card game.
(d) A karaoke contest.
7. When does the play, Idiot's Delight, take place?
(a) In the late 1920s.
(b) In the late 1940s.
(c) In the late 1950s.
(d) In the late 1930s.
8. What nationality are Irene's relatives, as she explains in the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) French and American.
(b) French and English.
(c) Russian and English.
(d) Russian and American.
9. What does Quillery warn Harry about Weber?
(a) He is a German supporter.
(b) He is an avid war enthusiast.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He is an arms industry organizer.
10. What is the top priority for Quillery as the Italian officers rush out of the hotel?
(a) Avoiding arrest.
(b) Crossing the border.
(c) Outrunning them.
(d) Stopping the war.
11. How many blond girls is Harry Van accompanied by in Act 1?
12. What fascinates the men in the hotel about Irene's demeanor?
(a) Her self-assurance.
(b) Her vulnerability.
(c) Her shyness.
(d) Her arrogance.
13. What does Irene order when she goes to the bar in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Iced water.
(b) Martini, shaken, not stirred.
(c) Vodka, straight up.
(d) Club soda.
14. What has Don disgruntled at the beginning of the play?
(a) His talents are not being utilized.
(b) He is expected to do too much.
(c) His pay is not enough for the work he is doing.
(d) He doesn't have enough breaks.
15. What are the Cherrys talking about when Act 2 opens?
(a) The end of the war.
(b) The reason for the war.
(c) The possibility of war.
(d) The importance of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Cherrys upset over the war?
2. What nationality is Dr. Waldersee?
3. What has led to the decrease in tourism, affecting the hotel's business?
4. What are the roads closed to, according to the captain in Act 1?
5. What style best describes Hotel Monte Gabriele?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)