|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene tell about her relatives as she is entertaining other hotel guests at the end of the first scene in Act 2?
(a) Family secrets.
(b) The reason she left them.
(c) Their war experiences.
2. Who are above war, according to the Cherrys?
(b) British people.
3. What has Don disgruntled at the beginning of the play?
(a) His pay is not enough for the work he is doing.
(b) He is expected to do too much.
(c) His talents are not being utilized.
(d) He doesn't have enough breaks.
4. Where is Don Navadel originally from?
5. Where is Hotel Monte Gabriele located?
(a) In Monticello.
(b) In the Italian Alps.
(c) In the Swiss Alps.
(d) In Germany.
6. What do the guests expect from the Italian soldiers who enter the hotel in the first act of the play?
(a) A declaration of war.
(b) To be arrested.
(c) To be questioned.
7. During their conversation in Act 2, Scene 1, what kind of an air raid does Weber tell Irene is possible?
8. What did Don leave to work at the hotel?
(a) A secure job.
(b) A less paying job.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A marriage.
9. Who will Dr. Waldersee be a pawn for, according to Quillery?
(a) The British monarchy.
(b) The Italian soldiers.
(c) The Nazi regime.
(d) The French military.
10. In commenting on the guests, what does Quillery reveal the hotel building's original function was?
(a) A sanitarium.
(b) A sports center.
(c) A library.
(d) A restaurant.
11. How do the men view Irene's accent?
(c) Hard to understand.
12. How many blond girls is Harry Van accompanied by in Act 1?
13. Which of the following best describes Hotel Monte Gabriele's location?
(a) Highly visible.
14. How do the Cherrys describe war in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. Where does Weber inform Irene the planes are headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Cherrys married?
2. Who is Achilles Weber?
3. What fascinates the men in the hotel about Irene's demeanor?
4. What is Irene excited about seeing, if an air raid occurs?
5. Who does Quillery say will benefit from the war?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)