|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Irene talk to at the end of Act 2's opening scene?
(c) The Cherrys.
2. What fascinates the men in the hotel about Irene's demeanor?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her self-assurance.
(c) Her arrogance.
(d) Her vulnerability.
3. What does Harry offer the hotel guests as entertainment?
(a) A karaoke contest.
(b) The blonds' act.
(c) A public debate with Quillery.
(d) A card game.
4. What are the roads closed to, according to the captain in Act 1?
(a) Large cargo vehicles.
(b) All traffic.
(c) Only trains.
(d) Military vehicles.
5. Where are Mr. and Mrs. Cherry from?
6. As they reveal to Harry, how many days before visiting the hotel were the Cherrys married?
7. What kind of research does Dr. Waldersee do?
(a) Sports medicine.
(b) Mental illness.
8. Prior to stopping at the hotel, where were the girls with Harry sleeping?
(a) A fancy hotel.
(b) Their own suites.
(c) Harry's mansion.
(d) A train car.
9. What did Don leave to work at the hotel?
(a) A less paying job.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A secure job.
(d) A girlfriend.
10. Where is Quillery originally from?
11. Who does Quillery say will benefit from the war?
(d) The people.
12. What nationality are Irene's relatives, as she explains in the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Russian and American.
(b) Russian and English.
(c) French and American.
(d) French and English.
13. What does Quillery prefer over war?
(a) Political reasoning.
(b) Martial law.
(d) Targeted air strikes.
14. What does Irene do to change the mood of the hotel guests in the first scene of Act 2?
(a) She begins yelling.
(b) She enters the room.
(c) She begins telling jokes.
(d) She starts crying.
15. How many blond girls is Harry Van accompanied by in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What style best describes Hotel Monte Gabriele?
2. In the Cherrys' opinion, what does the rest of the world lack, in comparison to their own country?
3. Which country are the blond girls in Harry's act from?
4. Who are above war, according to the Cherrys?
5. Where does Weber inform Irene the planes are headed?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)