|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does the hotel feature?
(a) A barbershop quartet.
(b) A juke box.
(c) A jazz singer.
(d) A live orchestra.
2. As Weber explains to Irene, what is vulnerable now that the planes have left?
(a) The Swiss Alps.
(b) The train station.
(c) The airfield.
(d) The Italian Alps.
3. In commenting on the guests, what does Quillery reveal the hotel building's original function was?
(a) A library.
(b) A sports center.
(c) A sanitarium.
(d) A restaurant.
4. Why are the Cherrys upset over the war?
(a) It will endanger their lives.
(b) It will interrupt their skiing.
(c) They will see people die.
(d) They will be asked to fight.
5. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
(a) In white uniforms.
(d) In sports jackets.
6. What do the guests expect from the Italian soldiers who enter the hotel in the first act of the play?
(a) To be questioned.
(b) To be arrested.
(c) A declaration of war.
7. As Sherwood uses the guests in the hotel to illustrate the various dispositions of countries at the time, what do the Cherrys represent?
8. What takes Weber away at the end of Act 2, Scene1?
(a) Harry asks to speak with him.
(b) A former friend.
(c) He leaves in fear.
9. Who does Quillery say will benefit from the war?
(d) The people.
10. What causes the train to stop as the play opens?
(a) The inclimate weather.
(b) Suspicion of war.
(c) Maintenance issues.
(d) Suspicion of spies on board the train.
11. What type of planes are Irene and Weber talking about in the first scene of Act 2?
12. What is it about the place of an air strike that interests Irene, as she describes it to Weber?
(a) The military response.
(b) The bands and soldiers.
(c) The devastating results.
(d) The reaction of the people.
13. As Don and Irene discover at the end of Act 1, how many countries can be seen from the main window of the hotel?
14. Which of the following best describes Hotel Monte Gabriele's location?
(b) Highly visible.
15. What did Don leave to work at the hotel?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A secure job.
(d) A less paying job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality are Irene's relatives, as she explains in the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How do the men view Irene's accent?
3. What does Quillery think about Dr. Waldersee's research?
4. When does the play, Idiot's Delight, take place?
5. Where is Quillery originally from?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)