|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes Weber away at the end of Act 2, Scene1?
(a) A former friend.
(b) He leaves in fear.
(c) Harry asks to speak with him.
2. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
(a) In white uniforms.
(b) In sports jackets.
3. When did the planes that Irene questions Weber about take off?
(a) Earlier that morning.
(c) Two days ago.
(d) Earlier in the afternoon.
4. Why is Dr. Waldersee distressed when he first enters the hotel?
(a) Because he has been denied access to Italy.
(b) Because he has lost his medical equipment.
(c) Because he is afraid of cold weather.
(d) Because he has been denied access to Switzerland.
5. Where were the Cherrys married?
6. What style best describes Hotel Monte Gabriele?
(c) Over the top.
7. Where are Mr. and Mrs. Cherry from?
8. In commenting on the guests, what does Quillery reveal the hotel building's original function was?
(a) A sports center.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A sanitarium.
(d) A library.
9. Who does Quillery say will benefit from the war?
(b) The people.
10. Where does Weber inform Irene the planes are headed?
11. As Weber explains to Irene, what is vulnerable now that the planes have left?
(a) The airfield.
(b) The Italian Alps.
(c) The Swiss Alps.
(d) The train station.
12. Where is Hotel Monte Gabriele located?
(a) In Monticello.
(b) In the Italian Alps.
(c) In the Swiss Alps.
(d) In Germany.
13. What did Don leave to work at the hotel?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A secure job.
(c) A marriage.
(d) A less paying job.
14. During their conversation in Act 2, Scene 1, what kind of an air raid does Weber tell Irene is possible?
15. What does Dr. Waldersee label Quillery's war theory?
(c) A scare tactic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many blond girls is Harry Van accompanied by in Act 1?
2. Which of the following best describes Hotel Monte Gabriele's location?
3. What does Irene tell about her relatives as she is entertaining other hotel guests at the end of the first scene in Act 2?
4. What fascinates the men in the hotel about Irene's demeanor?
5. What does Quillery prefer over war?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)