|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mr. and Mrs. Cherry from?
2. What has led to the decrease in tourism, affecting the hotel's business?
(a) The war.
(b) The threat of a government takeover.
(c) The lack of snow.
(d) The time of year.
3. Why is Dr. Waldersee distressed when he first enters the hotel?
(a) Because he has been denied access to Switzerland.
(b) Because he has lost his medical equipment.
(c) Because he has been denied access to Italy.
(d) Because he is afraid of cold weather.
4. What kind of music does the hotel feature?
(a) A live orchestra.
(b) A barbershop quartet.
(c) A juke box.
(d) A jazz singer.
5. Where does the beautiful model, Irene, say she is from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guests expect from the Italian soldiers who enter the hotel in the first act of the play?
2. What nationality is the hotel's owner, Pittaluga?
3. As Don and Irene discover at the end of Act 1, how many countries can be seen from the main window of the hotel?
4. What does Harry promote the act for the blond girls as?
5. When does the play, Idiot's Delight, take place?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)