|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harry react to Irene being detained?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He doesn't seem to care.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is happy.
2. How does Irene respond to Harry's assertion that the two did share a night together years earlier?
(a) She is insulted.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is angry.
3. Who does Quillery say will benefit from the war?
(c) The people.
4. What kind of music does the hotel feature?
(a) A juke box.
(b) A barbershop quartet.
(c) A jazz singer.
(d) A live orchestra.
5. In commenting on the guests, what does Quillery reveal the hotel building's original function was?
(a) A sanitarium.
(b) A sports center.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor's reasoning for changing his destination towards the end of the play?
2. Who wounded Irene during her adventures?
3. What does the character of Harry represent, as it relates to the war in general and his country?
4. What was the name of the hotel Harry and Irene met in years ago?
5. What does Harry ask the audience to forgive the band for?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)