|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene say about her name to Harry?
(a) It is uncommon in America.
(b) It is uncommon in Russia.
(c) It is common in Russia.
(d) It is common in America.
2. Where are Irene and Weber at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The hotel lobby.
(c) The dance floor.
(d) The bar.
3. What does God leave humans to, according to Irene?
(a) His will.
(b) Their best judgment.
(c) His influence.
(d) Their own devices.
4. What is Quillery denied, causing him to return to the hotel in the first part of Act 2?
(a) A rental car.
(b) Passage across the border.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) A plane ticket.
5. What does Irene praise Weber for?
(a) His monetary contributions to the war.
(b) His skill.
(c) His opinions.
(d) His generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What label does the captain give the state of the world to Weber at the bar?
2. What was the name of the hotel Harry and Irene met in years ago?
3. What is every government doing, according to the captain in his conversation with Weber?
4. In the Cherrys' opinion, what does the rest of the world lack, in comparison to their own country?
5. Where did her father die, according to Irene?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)