|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Erikson suggest women are more passive than men?
2. What does Erikson suggest defines much of a woman's identity?
3. What do youth desire as they go through Erikson's stages of identity development?
4. What might the older generation, as suggested by Erikson, use youth's need for joining to satisfy?
5. What does Erikson say must not happen with strong black mothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
2. What is the overriding issue concerning Erikson's proposal of ideologies and identity development?
3. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
4. How does Erikson propose a sketch of psychopathology can help make sense of a new identity?
5. What does Erikson think is different about the male and female focus of identity?
6. According to post-Freudian theory, how is culture developed around women?
7. What is unique about a revolution or awareness of identity as discussed by Erikson in chapter eight "Race and Wider Identity"?
8. According to Erikson what is necessary for a woman to form her identity?
9. What is Erikson feel that terms such as "I" or "self" are confusing?
10. What is the difference between the Ego and "I"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is identity formation guaranteed with age? If yes, discuss the result of identity formation on the elderly? If no, discuss what is necessary for this process to occur?
Essay Topic 2
Erikson's discussion on the differences of identity between youth today and those of 20 years ago focuses on the fact that today's youth may suffer more identity crisis than those of the past. Provide evidence from the reading that support this theory. Based on the reading, what factors do you feel play a major role in today's youth being unable to effectively form a positive self identity? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Erikson discusses that identity development of women. Outline the history of women's identity that has resulted in the current collective identity of women. Begin from that late 18th century and go to the present.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)