|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Erikson suggest women are more passive than men?
2. What often occurs when youth are isolated according to Erikson's theory of identity development?
3. Within the Erikson's system of the self-concept, what is produced by the ego?
4. Why does Erikson feel focus has moved to women?
5. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Erikson's theory of identity development valid? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Erikson discusses his stages of development and intermingles Freud's stages of development throughout this discussion. Compare and contrast these two psychologists stages of development and provide an explanation on which you think is more valid today. Use the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In the prologue, Erikson discusses the story about an old man who vomits daily. What is the significance of this story in terms of this man's identity? How can the story be used to further define or explain identity of an individual or culture?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)