Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest defines much of a woman's identity?
2. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
3. How is identity diffusion manifested during the adolescent stages of Erikson's theory of identity development?
4. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
5. What does Erikson risk in plotting a new course of understanding regarding identity and ego development?
Essay Topic 1
In the prologue, Erikson discusses the story about an old man who vomits daily. What is the significance of this story in terms of this man's identity? How can the story be used to further define or explain identity of an individual or culture?
Essay Topic 2
What role has psychology played throughout history in defining identity in developing theories of identity development? How are past theories concerning identity development still relevant today?
Essay Topic 3
In his discussion of youth their identity development, Erikson references for virtue in terms of "inherent strength" and "active equality." What is the role of virtue in youth identity development? Discuss why virtue is a necessary component of this development.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)