|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
2. Based on Erikson's studies, what directly influences the egos process of self integration?
3. What does Erikson feel about psychoanalysts' use of biology?
4. How is identity diffusion manifested during the adolescent stages of Erikson's theory of identity development?
5. What type of feelings does Erikson proposed are experienced by those in oppressed groups?
Essay Topic 1
In the prologue, Erikson discusses the story about an old man who vomits daily. What is the significance of this story in terms of this man's identity? How can the story be used to further define or explain identity of an individual or culture?
Essay Topic 2
What role has psychology played throughout history in defining identity in developing theories of identity development? How are past theories concerning identity development still relevant today?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of using case history to develop a theory of identity. Is this method valid? Why or why not? What other methods could be used in developing valid theory of identity development?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)