Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest defines much of a woman's identity?
2. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
3. How is identity diffusion manifested during the adolescent stages of Erikson's theory of identity development?
4. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
5. What does Erikson risk in plotting a new course of understanding regarding identity and ego development?
Essay Topic 1
Erikson suggests that wholeness generates basic trust; however, the notion of a totalitarian state suggests indoctrination and control. Discuss how these two concepts wholeness and a totalitarian state coexist as means for the ultimate identity development. Use information from the book to support human characteristics that serve to allow a totalitarian as well as Erickson's notion that the totalitarian state is the state to end all states.
Essay Topic 2
The Erikson discusses that identity development of women. Outline the history of women's identity that has resulted in the current collective identity of women. Begin from that late 18th century and go to the present.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Erikson suggest that true intimacy can only occur after positive identity formation? What does this theory suggest about intimacy as a whole? What is the counterpart of intimacy and how does this play into the concept of intimacy and identity formation?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)