|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erikson's theory, what is psychologically different between males and females?
2. What are women able to process better than men, according to Erikson?
3. In order to successful integration to occur what does Erikson feel must fit together?
4. What two components within Erikson's theory are important for youth to base their identities on?
5. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erikson feel that terms such as "I" or "self" are confusing?
2. What is Erikson state that it is difficult for black mothers to push their children to be educated?
3. What is the overriding issue concerning Erikson's proposal of ideologies and identity development?
4. What aspects are involved in defining the ego?
5. What is unique about a revolution or awareness of identity as discussed by Erikson in chapter eight "Race and Wider Identity"?
6. Rather than suggesting modern youth pathological what does Erikson youth to understand?
7. According to post-Freudian theory, how is culture developed around women?
8. What does Erikson think is different about the male and female focus of identity?
9. What resulted from Marx-Freud polarization?
10. What are the characteristics of youth leaders, in terms of Erikson's theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Erikson suggests that wholeness generates basic trust; however, the notion of a totalitarian state suggests indoctrination and control. Discuss how these two concepts wholeness and a totalitarian state coexist as means for the ultimate identity development. Use information from the book to support human characteristics that serve to allow a totalitarian as well as Erickson's notion that the totalitarian state is the state to end all states.
Essay Topic 2
Is Erikson's theory of identity development valid? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In his discussion of youth their identity development, Erikson references for virtue in terms of "inherent strength" and "active equality." What is the role of virtue in youth identity development? Discuss why virtue is a necessary component of this development.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)