|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson state that the self-concept of self esteem is tied to?
2. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
3. Considering Freud's elements of the mind, what are the counterweights of the ego?
4. Based on Erikson's studies, what directly influences the egos process of self integration?
5. What aspect of life does Erikson suggest women suffer over excessively?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
2. What does the process of identity confirmation include?
3. What resulted from Marx-Freud polarization?
4. What is the difference between the Ego and "I"?
5. What does Erikson think is the driving force for the more inclusive identity?
6. What is unique about a revolution or awareness of identity as discussed by Erikson in chapter eight "Race and Wider Identity"?
7. What are the characteristics of youth leaders, in terms of Erikson's theory?
8. What does Erikson think is different about the male and female focus of identity?
9. What aspects are involved in defining the ego?
10. Rather than suggesting modern youth pathological what does Erikson youth to understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the ego, the Id, the superego and environment are counterweights of each other and how they work together in identity formation. Include in your discussion the notion of "I" and what effect "I" has on these elements of identity.
Essay Topic 2
Is identity formation guaranteed with age? If yes, discuss the result of identity formation on the elderly? If no, discuss what is necessary for this process to occur?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of race identity development in America and provide an explanation of the current state of minority identity development.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)