Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest defines much of a woman's identity?
2. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
3. How is identity diffusion manifested during the adolescent stages of Erikson's theory of identity development?
4. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
5. What does Erikson risk in plotting a new course of understanding regarding identity and ego development?
Essay Topic 1
Erikson discusses his stages of development and intermingles Freud's stages of development throughout this discussion. Compare and contrast these two psychologists stages of development and provide an explanation on which you think is more valid today. Use the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Erikson titles Chapter 5 "Theoretical Interlude." For literary standpoint as well as instructional standpoint what is the purpose of Chapter 5? How this stopping the flow of information to discuss theory helps the readers better understand Erickson's few of identity development?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Erikson and presents a case in a judge and a "smart alecky" adolescent. Describe the possible identities of each player, the judge and adolescent, based on their actions and according to Erikson stereotype and the development.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)