|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
2. Considering Freud's elements of the mind, what are the counterweights of the ego?
3. How are Erikson's ideologies of youth fulfilled?
4. Why does Erikson feel focus has moved to women?
5. In terms of Erikson's theory of identity development, what is one notion that youth resist?
Essay Topic 1
Erikson discusses his stages of development and intermingles Freud's stages of development throughout this discussion. Compare and contrast these two psychologists stages of development and provide an explanation on which you think is more valid today. Use the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of race identity development in America and provide an explanation of the current state of minority identity development.
Essay Topic 3
Erikson titles Chapter 5 "Theoretical Interlude." For literary standpoint as well as instructional standpoint what is the purpose of Chapter 5? How this stopping the flow of information to discuss theory helps the readers better understand Erickson's few of identity development?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)