|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are women isolated by during Erikson's stages of identity development?
2. What is the nature of psychoanalysis as viewed by Erikson?
3. How is Erikson's theory of identity consciousness overcome?
4. Who does Erikson use as an example to discuss the identity of blacks?
5. What does Erikson state is difficult for black mothers in terms of their children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
2. Why does Erikson feel it is important to have a clear identity when one has numerous options for identity available?
3. What are the characteristics of youth leaders, in terms of Erikson's theory?
4. What is the difference between the Ego and "I"?
5. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
6. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
7. What is Erikson state that it is difficult for black mothers to push their children to be educated?
8. What is the overriding issue concerning Erikson's proposal of ideologies and identity development?
9. Rather than suggesting modern youth pathological what does Erikson youth to understand?
10. Why does Erikson think that biology is shallow and inaccurate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Erikson suggests that there are a number of economic and practical reasons to focus on women's position in the world. Discuss what these economic and practical reasons may be and how they affect the position of women in today's world
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of using case history to develop a theory of identity. Is this method valid? Why or why not? What other methods could be used in developing valid theory of identity development?
Essay Topic 3
This book was originally published in 1968, concerning Erikson's views on women, their position in the world, and identity development, are these you still relevant and practical in today's society? Provide support for your answer.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)