|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Erikson feel ego strength some from in youth?
2. How does Erikson think ideologies should be filled?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Erikson suggest is a natural characteristic of identity?
4. How does Erikson say black males have been exploited?
5. Interpreting Freud's theory, what does Erikson feel occurs when the ego resists integrating into new environments?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Erikson propose a sketch of psychopathology can help make sense of a new identity?
2. According to Erikson, why are youth so sensitive to the identities of the past?
3. Why does Erikson think that biology is shallow and inaccurate?
4. What is the overriding issue concerning Erikson's proposal of ideologies and identity development?
5. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
6. What resulted from Marx-Freud polarization?
7. What is the difference between the Ego and "I"?
8. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
9. In referring to Erikson's theory of racial identity development, how are the negative self images of minorities unintentionally reinforced by the majority?
10. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role has psychology played throughout history in defining identity in developing theories of identity development? How are past theories concerning identity development still relevant today?
Essay Topic 2
In his discussion of youth their identity development, Erikson references for virtue in terms of "inherent strength" and "active equality." What is the role of virtue in youth identity development? Discuss why virtue is a necessary component of this development.
Essay Topic 3
This book was originally published in 1968, concerning Erikson's views on women, their position in the world, and identity development, are these you still relevant and practical in today's society? Provide support for your answer.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)