|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson feel about psychoanalysts' use of biology?
2. What does Erikson feel has barker elements that may not be wholly sincere?
3. Why does Erikson state that remorseful majorities be watched?
4. How are Erikson's ideologies of youth fulfilled?
5. Interpreting Freud's theory, what does Erikson feel occurs when the ego resists integrating into new environments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Erikson suggests that wholeness generates basic trust; however, the notion of a totalitarian state suggests indoctrination and control. Discuss how these two concepts wholeness and a totalitarian state coexist as means for the ultimate identity development. Use information from the book to support human characteristics that serve to allow a totalitarian as well as Erickson's notion that the totalitarian state is the state to end all states.
Essay Topic 2
Erikson's discussion on the differences of identity between youth today and those of 20 years ago focuses on the fact that today's youth may suffer more identity crisis than those of the past. Provide evidence from the reading that support this theory. Based on the reading, what factors do you feel play a major role in today's youth being unable to effectively form a positive self identity? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history of race identity development in America and provide an explanation of the current state of minority identity development.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)