|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Erikson suggest men are resistant to respond to women?
2. What do youth desire as they go through Erikson's stages of identity development?
3. What does Erikson suggest defines much of a woman's identity?
4. What does Erikson state youth often experience, which is evidence of identity diffusion?
5. What does Erikson feel the biological process of psychoanalysis has become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erikson state that it is difficult for black mothers to push their children to be educated?
2. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
3. What is Erikson feel that terms such as "I" or "self" are confusing?
4. In Chapter 5, why has Erikson replace the term identity confusion with identity diffusion?
5. Why does Erikson feel it is necessary to explore emotional reactions and resistance in terms of women's position in the world?
6. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
7. What role does the psychoanalyst play in helping an individual in terms of developing identity according to the theory set forth by Erikson?
8. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
9. Why does Erikson feel it is important to have a clear identity when one has numerous options for identity available?
10. How does Erikson propose a sketch of psychopathology can help make sense of a new identity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Erikson suggests that there are a number of economic and practical reasons to focus on women's position in the world. Discuss what these economic and practical reasons may be and how they affect the position of women in today's world
Essay Topic 2
This book was originally published in 1968, concerning Erikson's views on women, their position in the world, and identity development, are these you still relevant and practical in today's society? Provide support for your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, Erikson and presents a case in a judge and a "smart alecky" adolescent. Describe the possible identities of each player, the judge and adolescent, based on their actions and according to Erikson stereotype and the development.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)