|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest defines much of a woman's identity?
2. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
3. How is identity diffusion manifested during the adolescent stages of Erikson's theory of identity development?
4. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
5. What does Erikson risk in plotting a new course of understanding regarding identity and ego development?
Essay Topic 1
What role has psychology played throughout history in defining identity in developing theories of identity development? How are past theories concerning identity development still relevant today?
Essay Topic 2
In Freud's letter, he makes a comparison between positive identity and negative character traits. Why is this comparison significant? What does this suggest about identity? And do you think it applies today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Erikson suggests that there are a number of economic and practical reasons to focus on women's position in the world. Discuss what these economic and practical reasons may be and how they affect the position of women in today's world
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)