Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest defines much of a woman's identity?
2. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
3. How is identity diffusion manifested during the adolescent stages of Erikson's theory of identity development?
4. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
5. What does Erikson risk in plotting a new course of understanding regarding identity and ego development?
Essay Topic 1
In discussing the development of identity, Erikson briefly mentions the problem of early childhood development and the high presence of female teachers. Why is this situation problematic? What might teachers do to reduce problems in development during this time?
Essay Topic 2
The Erikson suggests that there are a number of economic and practical reasons to focus on women's position in the world. Discuss what these economic and practical reasons may be and how they affect the position of women in today's world
Essay Topic 3
Erikson's discussion on the differences of identity between youth today and those of 20 years ago focuses on the fact that today's youth may suffer more identity crisis than those of the past. Provide evidence from the reading that support this theory. Based on the reading, what factors do you feel play a major role in today's youth being unable to effectively form a positive self identity? Explain your answer.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)