|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Erikson suggest black be integrated with?
(a) Americans with a more inclusive identity.
(b) Only the majority.
(c) Americans with a more exclusive identity.
(d) Other minorities.
2. According to Erikson, how are oppressed groups' negative identities confirmed?
(a) When minorities recognize they are oppressed.
(b) When majorities deny their oppression.
(c) By their actions.
(d) When majorities recognize their oppression.
3. For women, as proposed by Erikson, when does adulthood begin?
(a) With the capacity to give and receive love.
(b) When they get married.
(c) When they turn 18 years old.
(d) When they have children.
4. Where does Erikson feel ego strength some from in youth?
(b) Confirmation of conformity.
(d) Confirmation of individuality.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Erikson suggest is a natural characteristic of identity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Erikson feel focus has moved to women?
2. According to Erikson, what must be understood in order to define the ego?
3. What does Erikson feel about psychoanalysts' use of biology?
4. How does Erikson say black males have been exploited?
5. Why does Erikson suggest women are more passive than men?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)