|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do environmental counterweights of identity help explain in terms of Freud's theory of identity?
(a) Inner world of the ego.
(b) Outer world of the ego.
2. Where does Erikson feel ego strength some from in youth?
(a) Confirmation of individuality.
(b) Confirmation of conformity.
3. What two components within Erikson's theory are important for youth to base their identities on?
(a) Ideologies and the future.
(b) Morals and community structure.
(c) Childhood and ideologies.
(d) Future and childhood.
4. In terms of Erikson's theory of identity development, what is one notion that youth resist?
(a) The future.
(b) The present.
(c) The past.
(d) Youth do not resist.
5. What is the nature of psychoanalysis as viewed by Erikson?
Short Answer Questions
1. In light of Erikson's view on identity development within communities, what must communities recognize in youth?
2. What dose Erikson say psychoanalysts' fail to recognize about the ego?
3. Based on Erikson's studies, what directly influences the egos process of self integration?
4. Who does Erikson suggest black be integrated with?
5. What does Erikson feel has barker elements that may not be wholly sincere?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Erikson, why is preoccupation with identity the symptom of alienation?
2. What does Erikson mean when he refers to the adaptive ego?
3. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
4. How does Erikson propose a sketch of psychopathology can help make sense of a new identity?
5. What are the characteristics of youth leaders, in terms of Erikson's theory?
6. In Chapter 5, why has Erikson replace the term identity confusion with identity diffusion?
7. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
8. According to Erikson what is necessary for a woman to form her identity?
9. Why does Erikson think that biology is shallow and inaccurate?
10. What is the overriding issue concerning Erikson's proposal of ideologies and identity development?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)