|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the elements of the self produce in light of Erikson's theory of identity development?
(a) A composite of self.
(b) An understanding.
(c) A composite of society.
(d) A potential identity.
2. How does Erikson think ideologies should be filled?
(a) By the youth themselves.
(b) Intellectual cultivation.
(d) By society.
3. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
(b) The ego.
4. According to Erikson, what must be understood in order to define the ego?
(d) Individual differences.
5. What are women isolated by during Erikson's stages of identity development?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) Their inner productive space.
(c) Their outer productive space.
(d) Their fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of Erikson's theory of identity development, what is one notion that youth resist?
2. What does Erikson indicate many psychoanalysts think humans are predisposed to do?
3. Why does Erikson suggest men are resistant to respond to women?
4. Throughout the stages of Erikson's theory of identity development, what happens if youth do not take advantage of the wisdom elders have to share?
5. Considering Erikson's theory of group identity development, what are cultures often led to do concerning their values?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)