|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What elements does Erikson suggest can be caused by the demand to develop a distinct identity?
(a) Split identities.
(c) Ego strength.
2. What term does Erikson use for a biological life cycle?
3. How are Erikson's ideologies of youth fulfilled?
(a) Intellectual cultivation.
(b) By society.
(d) By the youth themselves.
4. Why does Erikson suggest women are more passive than men?
5. What does Erikson state is difficult for black mothers in terms of their children?
(a) Allow them to search for their own identity.
(b) Let them go through the stages of development.
(c) Keep them educated.
(d) Teach them about identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson resist characterizing modern youth as?
2. What does Erikson feel about psychoanalysts' use of biology?
3. What are women isolated by during Erikson's stages of identity development?
4. How does Erikson say black males have been exploited?
5. What according to Erikson, what involves testing, selecting, and integrating self images?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
2. What is Erikson state that it is difficult for black mothers to push their children to be educated?
3. In Chapter 5, why has Erikson replace the term identity confusion with identity diffusion?
4. According to Erikson what is necessary for a woman to form her identity?
5. According to post-Freudian theory, how is culture developed around women?
6. Why does Erikson feel it is necessary to explore emotional reactions and resistance in terms of women's position in the world?
7. In referring to Erikson's theory of racial identity development, how are the negative self images of minorities unintentionally reinforced by the majority?
8. What does Erikson think is different about the male and female focus of identity?
9. Rather than suggesting modern youth pathological what does Erikson youth to understand?
10. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)