|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Erikson think the black identity has been confused?
(a) Lack of study of this population.
(b) Many do not fully understand identity.
(c) Negativity of black writers.
(d) Historical events.
2. According to Erikson, how are oppressed groups' negative identities confirmed?
(a) When majorities recognize their oppression.
(b) By their actions.
(c) When majorities deny their oppression.
(d) When minorities recognize they are oppressed.
3. How does Erikson say black males have been exploited?
(a) As humans.
(d) As domestic animals.
4. What do environmental counterweights of identity help explain in terms of Freud's theory of identity?
(a) Outer world of the ego.
(d) Inner world of the ego.
5. What do youth desire as they go through Erikson's stages of identity development?
(a) Acceptance from society.
(b) Unique identities.
(d) Similar identities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characteristics does Erikson believe are central to the female identity?
2. In terms of Erikson's theory of identity development, what is one notion that youth resist?
3. For women, as proposed by Erikson, when does adulthood begin?
4. What to processes, according to Erikson as discussed in Chapter 5, are tied together?
5. What is the critical stage of Erikson's theory of development where women develop their female identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Erikson think is the driving force for the more inclusive identity?
2. Why does Erikson think that biology is shallow and inaccurate?
3. What resulted from Marx-Freud polarization?
4. What role does the psychoanalyst play in helping an individual in terms of developing identity according to the theory set forth by Erikson?
5. What is the overriding issue concerning Erikson's proposal of ideologies and identity development?
6. Rather than suggesting modern youth pathological what does Erikson youth to understand?
7. What is Erikson state that it is difficult for black mothers to push their children to be educated?
8. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
9. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
10. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)