|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Erikson feel focus has moved to women?
(a) They are equal to men.
(b) They have a lot to offer.
(c) They are more than housewives.
(d) Threat of nuclear annihilation.
2. The oppression of blacks, according to Erikson has done what to the mother-father presence?
(a) Created an imbalance.
(b) Nothing significant.
(c) Created identity confusion.
(d) Created identity diffusion.
3. Why does Erikson think the black identity has been confused?
(a) Historical events.
(b) Lack of study of this population.
(c) Negativity of black writers.
(d) Many do not fully understand identity.
4. What is the critical stage of Erikson's theory of development where women develop their female identity?
(a) When they have children.
(b) This never fully forms.
(c) When they get married.
(d) When they leave the family.
5. According to Erikson, what must be understood in order to define the ego?
(d) Individual differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of feelings does Erikson proposed are experienced by those in oppressed groups?
2. What is the nature of psychoanalysis as viewed by Erikson?
3. What does Erikson state is difficult for black mothers in terms of their children?
4. What type of groups, as proposed by Erikson, often play on the various needs of youth?
5. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Erikson feel it is necessary to explore emotional reactions and resistance in terms of women's position in the world?
2. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
3. According to Erikson, why is preoccupation with identity the symptom of alienation?
4. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
5. What is the difference between the Ego and "I"?
6. According to post-Freudian theory, how is culture developed around women?
7. What does Erikson mean when he refers to the adaptive ego?
8. What are the characteristics of youth leaders, in terms of Erikson's theory?
9. Why does Erikson think that biology is shallow and inaccurate?
10. Rather than suggesting modern youth pathological what does Erikson youth to understand?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)