|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Freud's theory of identity, Ego identity results in two actions, one of which is synthesizing the frontiers of the ego; what is the other action?
(a) Merging self with the environment.
(b) Analyzing the frontiers of the ego.
(c) Completing identity.
(d) Merging self with the past.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Erikson suggest is a natural characteristic of identity?
3. For women, as proposed by Erikson, when does adulthood begin?
(a) When they turn 18 years old.
(b) When they get married.
(c) When they have children.
(d) With the capacity to give and receive love.
4. According to Erikson's theory, what is psychologically different between males and females?
(b) Their notions of success.
(c) Their psychological spaces.
(d) Their ability to express empathy.
5. According to Erikson, what action by youth may lead to dangerous behaviors?
(a) Trying to gain independence.
(b) Doubting elders.
(c) Thinking they know everything.
(d) Not seeking support during identity development.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within the Erikson's system of the self-concept, what is produced by the ego?
2. What, according to Erikson, is destructive for blacks?
3. What arises from achieving a sense of identity or a revolution of awareness as proposed in Erikson's theory of racial identity development?
4. What type of feelings does Erikson proposed are experienced by those in oppressed groups?
5. What is the nature of psychoanalysis as viewed by Erikson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Erikson think is different about the male and female focus of identity?
2. In referring to Erikson's theory of racial identity development, how are the negative self images of minorities unintentionally reinforced by the majority?
3. What is Erikson feel that terms such as "I" or "self" are confusing?
4. What is the difference between the Ego and "I"?
5. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
6. What role does the psychoanalyst play in helping an individual in terms of developing identity according to the theory set forth by Erikson?
7. What are the characteristics of youth leaders, in terms of Erikson's theory?
8. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
9. What is Erikson state that it is difficult for black mothers to push their children to be educated?
10. Why does Erikson think that biology is shallow and inaccurate?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)