|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Erikson's theory, what is psychologically different between males and females?
(a) Their notions of success.
(b) Their psychological spaces.
(d) Their ability to express empathy.
2. What does Erikson suggest occurs in institutionalized settings such as a hospital with regard to identity?
(a) Desperation for identity.
(b) Emergence of self.
(c) Conformity of identity.
(d) Development of oneliness.
3. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
(c) The ego.
4. What does Erikson feel the biological process of psychoanalysis has become?
(a) Essential but not emphasized enough.
(b) The forefront of study.
5. What often occurs when youth are isolated according to Erikson's theory of identity development?
(a) They remain isolated.
(b) They develop aggressive identities.
(c) They yearn for love and become a joiner.
(d) They develop self actualized identities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What to processes, according to Erikson as discussed in Chapter 5, are tied together?
2. What are two characteristics of women that Erikson presents in Chapter 7?
3. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
4. What type of feelings does Erikson proposed are experienced by those in oppressed groups?
5. According to Erikson, by meeting the youth's needs what occurs in terms of the historical context?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)