|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For women, as proposed by Erikson, when does adulthood begin?
(a) When they get married.
(b) With the capacity to give and receive love.
(c) When they turn 18 years old.
(d) When they have children.
2. What does Erikson say about the absence of black fathers?
(a) It is only psychologically.
(b) It is physically.
(c) It is the downfall of the race.
(d) It is the only reason for identity confusion.
3. The oppression of blacks, according to Erikson has done what to the mother-father presence?
(a) Created identity confusion.
(b) Created identity diffusion.
(c) Nothing significant.
(d) Created an imbalance.
4. What elements of Erikson's theory must be balanced in order to avoid obsessiveness and relativism?
5. How does feminists often react during times of identity development and social change, as proposed in Erikson's theory?
(a) With indifference.
(c) Revert to old ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Erikson say black males have been exploited?
2. What does Erikson state is difficult for black mothers in terms of their children?
3. What does Erikson feel an inclusive identity is contained in?
4. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
5. Who does Erikson suggest black be integrated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Erikson what is necessary for a woman to form her identity?
2. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
3. According to Erikson, why is preoccupation with identity the symptom of alienation?
4. In Chapter 5, why has Erikson replace the term identity confusion with identity diffusion?
5. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
6. Why does Erikson feel it is important to have a clear identity when one has numerous options for identity available?
7. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
8. What does Erikson think is different about the male and female focus of identity?
9. What is Erikson feel that terms such as "I" or "self" are confusing?
10. According to Erikson, why are youth so sensitive to the identities of the past?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)