|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
(d) The ego.
2. How does feminists often react during times of identity development and social change, as proposed in Erikson's theory?
(a) With indifference.
(b) Revert to old ways.
3. Where does Erikson feel our self representations stem from?
(a) Future prospects.
(b) Psychosocial crises of childhood.
4. What is the critical stage of Erikson's theory of development where women develop their female identity?
(a) This never fully forms.
(b) When they get married.
(c) When they have children.
(d) When they leave the family.
5. What aspect of life does Erikson suggest women suffer over excessively?
(a) Helping other.
(b) Having a family.
(c) Finding identity.
(d) Getting a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erikson, by meeting the youth's needs what occurs in terms of the historical context?
2. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
3. What does Erikson state is difficult for black mothers in terms of their children?
4. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
5. In order to successful integration to occur what does Erikson feel must fit together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Erikson think that biology is shallow and inaccurate?
2. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
3. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
4. What does Erikson think is the driving force for the more inclusive identity?
5. What role does the psychoanalyst play in helping an individual in terms of developing identity according to the theory set forth by Erikson?
6. What does Erikson mean when he refers to the adaptive ego?
7. What is the difference between the Ego and "I"?
8. What aspects are involved in defining the ego?
9. What resulted from Marx-Freud polarization?
10. According to post-Freudian theory, how is culture developed around women?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)