|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Erikson think ideologies should be filled?
(a) Intellectual cultivation.
(c) By society.
(d) By the youth themselves.
2. What does Erikson propose reflects the body, personality, and social roles of the person?
3. What according to Erikson, what involves testing, selecting, and integrating self images?
(a) Community structures.
(b) Ego identity.
4. Who does Erikson use as an example to discuss the identity of blacks?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(c) W.E.B. DuBois.
(d) Martian Luther King.
5. What dose Erikson say psychoanalysts' fail to recognize about the ego?
(a) It can exist without human social organization.
(b) It depends on the individual.
(c) It is based solely on environment.
(d) It cannot exist without human social organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements does Erikson suggest can be caused by the demand to develop a distinct identity?
2. What often occurs when youth are isolated according to Erikson's theory of identity development?
3. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
4. According to Erikson, how are oppressed groups' negative identities confirmed?
5. According to Erikson, what action by youth may lead to dangerous behaviors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Erikson mean when he refers to the adaptive ego?
2. Why does Erikson feel it is necessary to explore emotional reactions and resistance in terms of women's position in the world?
3. What does the process of identity confirmation include?
4. What is unique about a revolution or awareness of identity as discussed by Erikson in chapter eight "Race and Wider Identity"?
5. What role does the psychoanalyst play in helping an individual in terms of developing identity according to the theory set forth by Erikson?
6. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
7. Why does Erikson believe political underground groups often target youth?
8. In referring to Erikson's theory of racial identity development, how are the negative self images of minorities unintentionally reinforced by the majority?
9. According to Erikson, why is preoccupation with identity the symptom of alienation?
10. How does Erikson propose a sketch of psychopathology can help make sense of a new identity?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)