Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest has led to the focus on women's position in the world?
(a) Economic and practical reasons.
(b) Their equality to men.
(c) They have spoken up.
(d) Their work as housewives.
2. Considering Erikson's theory of group identity development, what are cultures often led to do concerning their values?
(a) Give them up.
(b) Confirm them.
(c) Absolutize them.
(d) Modify them.
3. Why does Erikson state that remorseful majorities be watched?
(a) They may not really be remorseful.
(b) They may become oppressed.
(c) They may lose their identity.
(d) They may repeat habitual patterns.
4. What are two characteristics of women that Erikson presents in Chapter 7?
(a) Live longer and are tougher.
(b) Are emotional and indecisive.
(c) Live shorter and are weaker.
(d) Are prone to disease and love longer.
5. Why does Erikson suggest women are more passive than men?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do youth desire as they go through Erikson's stages of identity development?
2. Why does Erikson feel focus has moved to women?
3. What elements of Erikson's theory must be balanced in order to avoid obsessiveness and relativism?
4. Who does Erikson use as an example to discuss the identity of blacks?
5. What do youth try to balance while going through Erikson's stages of identity development?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)