|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Race and Wider Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson state the ego is in that it knows and understands where it wants to go?
(c) Forward looking.
2. What dose Erikson say psychoanalysts' fail to recognize about the ego?
(a) It is based solely on environment.
(b) It cannot exist without human social organization.
(c) It depends on the individual.
(d) It can exist without human social organization.
3. What did Shaw convinced himself he was?
(a) A leader.
(b) A complete outsider.
(c) A helper.
(d) A genius.
4. Considering Erikson's stages of identity development, how long does a six stage of identity development last?
(a) Throughout adolescence.
(b) Only throughout late adulthood.
(c) A lifetime.
(d) Into adulthood.
5. What term does Erikson use for a biological life cycle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson say must not happen with strong black mothers?
2. What does Erikson suggest society's child training systems does for the uniqueness of society?
3. How does Erikson feel adults eventually settle on an identity?
4. What do most new generations confront as a result of scientific and technological changes?
5. What are women able to process better than men, according to Erikson?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)