|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Race and Wider Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaw find his childhood exposures to have been?
(c) Intrusively noisy.
2. Interpreting Freud's theory, what does Erikson feel occurs when the ego resists integrating into new environments?
(a) Identity loss.
(b) Identity displacement.
(c) Identity resistance.
(d) Identity confusion.
3. What term does Erikson use to mean the factor that serves to integrate a person toward a common societal goal?
(a) Gender identity.
(b) Ego identity.
(c) Sexual identity.
(d) Group identity.
4. Where does the process of identity formation began?
(a) As a toddler.
(b) As an adolescent.
(c) As a young adult.
(d) With mother and baby.
5. What type of self is clear when examining Freud's dreams?
(a) Suppressed self.
(b) Open-minded self.
(c) Identified self.
(d) Confident self.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erikson, what is the second stage of identity development?
2. How does man quantify attributes of himself philosophically and psychologically in terms of Erikson's views of identity development?
3. In the beginning of the 20th century, what demonstrated the possibility to destroy human kind?
4. After James' long identity crisis, what did he decide to be?
5. In order to successful integration to occur what does Erikson feel must fit together?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)