|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Race and Wider Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was William James obsessed with his entire life?
(a) Morbid psychology.
(d) Social dysfunction.
2. In developing Erikson' theory of group identity, what two processes must the ego consist of that assist in defining both body in community membership?
(a) Social and mental.
(b) Spiritual and social.
(c) Spiritual and biological.
(d) Biological and social.
3. In Chapter 2, Foundations and Observation, during his discussion on group identity, what group of people does Erikson observe group changes to make his point?
(a) The Sioux Indians.
(c) Middle class Whites.
(d) The Aztec Indians.
4. That does introjection mean in terms of Erikson's stages of identity development for groups other than the majority?
(a) Explore your identity.
(b) Think about the past.
(c) Think about the future.
(d) Incorporating another's image.
5. What do youth recognize the need for during Erikson's stages of identity development?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Erikson's theory of identity consciousness overcome?
2. Why was Erikson so impressed with Shaw?
3. Considering the relationship between personal and historical identity formation, how can this relationship be described?
4. What does George Bernard Shaw despise?
5. How the James decide he could strengthen his ego?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)