|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Identity Confusion in Life History and Case History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How the James decide he could strengthen his ego?
(a) Embracing positive experiences.
(b) Simply learning.
(c) By doing, suffering, and creating.
(d) Meditating and breathing.
2. Erikson states that we deal with the process located in the core of the individual and where else?
(a) Within himself.
(b) Among his family.
(c) The core of his communal culture.
(d) In his past.
3. According to Freud, what is the first stage of identity development called?
(a) Phallic stage.
(b) Latent stage.
(c) Oral stage.
(d) Anal stage.
4. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
5. As discussed in Chapter 1, what first lead to the scientific mythology of the mind?
(a) Interest in technology.
(b) The mentally ill.
(c) The newness of man's self awareness.
(d) Understanding of neurons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two characteristics Erikson applies to the task of the ego in order to maintain and organize its existence?
2. Considering Erikson's theory of groups identity development, what type of group demands does ego identity help balance?
3. In the early 20th century, totalitarian disposition is best understood as what?
4. What might gaining a stronger self identity correspond to in relation to the majority of the population?
5. Concerning Erikson's theory, when identity development is negative, what type of personalities may occur during the second stage of development?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)