|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Identity Confusion in Life History and Case History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the normative crisis of identity formation occur?
(a) As a toddler.
(b) With mother and baby.
(d) As an adult.
2. What may be gained as an individual enters Erikson's final stage of development when their overall development has been positive and healthy?
3. What does William James state is discernible in mental or moral attitudes?
4. After James' long identity crisis, what did he decide to be?
(b) Dependant on society.
(d) A psychologist.
5. During the fourth stage of Erikson's theory of development, what occurs when an individual is successful?
(a) Feelings of independence.
(b) Feelings of superiority.
(c) Feelings of industry.
(d) Feelings of guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does Erikson use in Foundations of Observation to clarify the disintegration of ego synthesis?
2. What can reinforce the process of negative identity formation in terms of Erikson's stages of identity development?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Erikson feel about how psychologists treat social dynamics and external social elements?
4. According to Freud, what is the second stage of identity development called?
5. According to Erikson, what does totalitarianism require of society?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)