|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Identity Confusion in Life History and Case History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the final stages of Erikson's stages of identity development, what type of feelings may individual experiencing stagnation feel?
(a) Despair and hopelessness.
(c) Hope for the future.
2. What is present within each period of Erikson's theory of identity development?
(a) Distinct processes.
(b) Social conflict.
(c) Inner and outer conflict.
(d) Identity confusion.
3. Concerning Erikson's theory, when identity development is negative, what type of personalities may occur during the second stage of development?
(b) Maladaptive behaviors.
4. What term does Erikson use to refer to the methods used throughout history to integrate identity?
(a) Methods of acquisition.
(b) Methods of conformity.
(c) Methods of group formation.
(d) Methods of identity.
5. What is one example that Erikson provides for the notion of "evil ego identity"?
(a) Ethnic stereotypes.
(b) Self loathing.
(d) Gender stereotypes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erikson states that we deal with the process located in the core of the individual and where else?
2. That does introjection mean in terms of Erikson's stages of identity development for groups other than the majority?
3. During the fourth stage of Erikson's theory of development, what occurs when an individual is successful?
4. According to Erikson, in his review and observations of changes in culture, what does he suggest will become common values among today's youth?
5. What term does Erikson use to mean the factor that serves to integrate a person toward a common societal goal?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)