|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Identity Confusion in Life History and Case History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson state is the first age of identity development involve in terms of conflict?
(a) Initiative vs. Guilt.
(b) Trust vs. mistrust.
(c) Autonomy vs. shame.
(d) Intimacy vs. isolation.
2. As discussed by Erikson in Chapter 2, what occurs when a system either biological or social malfunctions?
(b) Identity loss.
(d) Restart of identity formation.
3. Considering Erikson's stages of identity development, how long does a six stage of identity development last?
(a) Into adulthood.
(b) Throughout adolescence.
(c) A lifetime.
(d) Only throughout late adulthood.
4. What was William James obsessed with his entire life?
(a) Social dysfunction.
(d) Morbid psychology.
5. What do most new generations confront as a result of scientific and technological changes?
(a) Radically new possibilities and forms of thought.
(b) Increased identity confusion.
(c) Possibilities for artificial wisdom.
(d) A repeat of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the definition of "identity" subject to?
2. What aspects of Freud's theory of development does a functional ego integrate?
3. The ________ cannot coexist with the increase in advances in a technologically led culture?
4. During Erikson's final stage of development, individuals having a sense of Generativity may engage in what type of activities?
5. According to Freud, what is the second stage of identity development called?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)