|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Life Cycle, Epigenesis of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest wholeness of the individual is associated with?
(a) The earth.
(b) Equilibrium and health.
(d) Positive psychology.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Erikson feel about how psychologists treat social dynamics and external social elements?
(a) As deep rooted elements of social identity.
(b) The coexist.
(c) As keys to social competence.
(d) As surface events.
3. Considering the relationship between personal and historical identity formation, how can this relationship be described?
(a) Psychosocial relativity.
(b) Genetic relativity.
(c) Ancestral relativity.
(d) Psychosomatic confusion.
4. What does William James state is discernible in mental or moral attitudes?
5. As discussed in Chapter 2, who is able to trigger transference of models of identity formation within younger members of society?
(d) Church leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erikson, what is the second stage of identity development?
2. In order to create a positive ego what does Erikson state must be tested?
3. What does Erikson suggest society's child training systems does for the uniqueness of society?
4. What term does Erikson use to mean the factor that serves to integrate a person toward a common societal goal?
5. According to Erikson, in his review and observations of changes in culture, what does he suggest will become common values among today's youth?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)