|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Life Cycle, Epigenesis of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does Erikson use in Foundations of Observation to clarify the disintegration of ego synthesis?
(c) Natural disasters.
(d) Wartime trauma.
2. Erikson states that we deal with the process located in the core of the individual and where else?
(a) The core of his communal culture.
(b) Among his family.
(c) Within himself.
(d) In his past.
3. Considering Erikson's theory of groups identity development, what type of group demands does ego identity help balance?
(a) Leadership conflicts.
(b) Negative identities.
(d) Members passions and instincts.
4. As discussed in Chapter 1, what first lead to the scientific mythology of the mind?
(a) Understanding of neurons.
(b) Interest in technology.
(c) The newness of man's self awareness.
(d) The mentally ill.
5. During the third stage of Erikson's theory of development, what may occur if an individual's initiatives or attempts at something continually fail?
(a) Sense of independence.
(b) Identity confusion.
(c) Sense of guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson state is the first age of identity development involve in terms of conflict?
2. What does Freud's consciousness of inner identity include?
3. What does Erikson believe is an intrinsic part of maturation?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Erikson feel about how psychologists treat social dynamics and external social elements?
5. In Chapter 2, Foundations and Observation, during his discussion on group identity, what group of people does Erikson observe group changes to make his point?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)