|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Life Cycle, Epigenesis of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Freud, what is the first stage of identity development called?
(a) Anal stage.
(b) Phallic stage.
(c) Oral stage.
(d) Latent stage.
2. What might gaining a stronger self identity correspond to in relation to the majority of the population?
(a) A strong societal bond.
(b) Emancipation from society.
3. What style of identity combines medieval conception of community with modern disobedience and nonviolence?
4. What is unique about each stage of Erikson's stages of identity development?
(b) They are concrete.
(c) They are flexible.
(d) The build on one another.
5. What is one example that Erikson provides for the notion of "evil ego identity"?
(a) Gender stereotypes.
(b) Ethnic stereotypes.
(d) Self loathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erikson states that we deal with the process located in the core of the individual and where else?
2. What does Erikson suggest wholeness of the individual is associated with?
3. During the fourth stage of Erikson's theory of development, what occurs when an individual is successful?
4. What does Erikson state that childhood and youth predispose men to?
5. What do most new generations confront as a result of scientific and technological changes?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)