|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Foundations in Observation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As discussed by Erikson in Chapter 2, what occurs when a system either biological or social malfunctions?
(b) Identity loss.
(c) Restart of identity formation.
2. Where does the process of identity formation began?
(a) As a toddler.
(b) With mother and baby.
(c) As an adolescent.
(d) As a young adult.
3. As noted in Chapter 2, how can false or inaccurate ego identity formations be corrected after being developed by parents in terms of group identity development?
(a) By immersion.
(b) By reworking associations.
(c) Through psychotherapy.
(d) They cannot be corrected.
4. In Chapter 2, Foundations and Observation, during his discussion on group identity, what group of people does Erikson observe group changes to make his point?
(b) The Aztec Indians.
(c) The Sioux Indians.
(d) Middle class Whites.
5. What does Erikson suggest society's child training systems does for the uniqueness of society?
(a) Provide meaning.
(b) Preserve it.
(c) Strengthen it.
(d) Increase standard of living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one example that Erikson provides for the notion of "evil ego identity"?
2. What style of identity combines medieval conception of community with modern disobedience and nonviolence?
3. What does Freud suggest a fearless freedom of thinking is?
4. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
5. What do most new generations confront as a result of scientific and technological changes?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)