|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Foundations in Observation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erikson states that we deal with the process located in the core of the individual and where else?
(a) The core of his communal culture.
(b) In his past.
(c) Among his family.
(d) Within himself.
2. According to Erikson, in his review and observations of changes in culture, what does he suggest will become common values among today's youth?
(a) Common identity.
(d) Choice and identity.
3. What style of identity combines medieval conception of community with modern disobedience and nonviolence?
4. Considering Erikson's theory of groups identity development, what type of group demands does ego identity help balance?
(a) Leadership conflicts.
(c) Negative identities.
(d) Members passions and instincts.
5. What is the definition of "identity" subject to?
(a) The future.
(b) Changes in history.
(c) The individual.
(d) The researcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erikson in Chapter 2, what does personal identity focus on?
2. What type of self is clear when examining Freud's dreams?
3. In the early 20th century, totalitarian disposition is best understood as what?
4. In the beginning of the 20th century, what demonstrated the possibility to destroy human kind?
5. In observing groups of people being reeducated by American civil servants, what reason does Erikson provide for why this group became frustrated and identity development?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)