|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Womanhood and the Inner Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Erikson suggest men were able to end the adolescent process?
(a) Develop an adult identity.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Subordinate their childhood identities to a new identity.
(d) Get married.
2. According to Erikson, what is the second stage of identity development?
(a) Trust vs. mistrust.
(b) Intimacy vs. isolation.
(c) Autonomy vs. shame.
(d) Initiative vs. Guilt.
3. What style of identity combines medieval conception of community with modern disobedience and nonviolence?
4. What does Erikson state that childhood and youth predispose men to?
(b) Confused identities.
(d) Childlike wonder.
5. Considering Freud's elements of the mind, what are the counterweights of the ego?
(a) Id and society.
(b) Environment and society.
(c) Id and superego.
(d) Self and society.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________ cannot coexist with the increase in advances in a technologically led culture?
2. What does Erikson indicate many psychoanalysts think humans are predisposed to do?
3. How does Erikson feel adults eventually settle on an identity?
4. Since there were few empirical studies, how did Erikson's study individuals?
5. What term does Erikson use to refer to the methods used throughout history to integrate identity?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)