|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Womanhood and the Inner Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest occurs in institutionalized settings such as a hospital with regard to identity?
(a) Development of oneliness.
(b) Conformity of identity.
(c) Emergence of self.
(d) Desperation for identity.
2. Because the terms "identity" and "identity crisis" are used in such a variety of situations, what have these terms become?
(d) Embedded in society.
3. What do youth recognize the need for during Erikson's stages of identity development?
4. What is one example that Erikson provides for the notion of "evil ego identity"?
(a) Gender stereotypes.
(c) Ethnic stereotypes.
(d) Self loathing.
5. Concerning Erikson's theory, when identity development is negative, what type of personalities may occur during the second stage of development?
(d) Maladaptive behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erikson, what does totalitarianism require of society?
2. What is the critical stage of Erikson's theory of development where women develop their female identity?
3. What elements does Erikson suggest can be caused by the demand to develop a distinct identity?
4. How does Erikson feel adults eventually settle on an identity?
5. As discussed in Chapter 1, what first lead to the scientific mythology of the mind?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)