|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Womanhood and the Inner Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Erikson feel ego strength some from in youth?
(a) Confirmation of individuality.
(c) Confirmation of conformity.
2. Because of an individual's tendency to define self based on history, what does Erikson think this self-based history leave little room for the individual to create?
(a) New support systems.
(b) New identity.
(c) New understanding.
(d) New traditions.
3. Erikson notes that James' youth was full of emotional strains in struggles for what?
(d) Identity formation.
4. According to Erikson, by meeting the youth's needs what occurs in terms of the historical context?
(a) It is passed on to the next generation of youth.
(b) It is forgotten.
(c) Youth are integrated in it.
5. Because the terms "identity" and "identity crisis" are used in such a variety of situations, what have these terms become?
(b) Embedded in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do environmental counterweights of identity help explain in terms of Freud's theory of identity?
2. How does Erikson feel adults eventually settle on an identity?
3. What does Freud's consciousness of inner identity include?
4. Throughout the stages of Erikson's theory of identity development, what happens if youth do not take advantage of the wisdom elders have to share?
5. Considering Erikson's theory of groups identity development, what type of group demands does ego identity help balance?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)