|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Toward Contemporary Issues, Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In light of Erikson's view on identity development within communities, what must communities recognize in youth?
(a) Their identity.
(b) Their energy.
(c) Their lack of identity.
(d) Their rebellion.
2. According to Erikson in terms of active identity formation individual who now can say they know where they are going, what has occurred?
(a) Identity completion.
(b) Psychological superiority.
(c) Psychosocial well-being.
3. What elements does Erikson suggest can be caused by the demand to develop a distinct identity?
(a) Ego strength.
(d) Split identities.
4. What term does Erikson use to mean the factor that serves to integrate a person toward a common societal goal?
(a) Ego identity.
(b) Gender identity.
(c) Group identity.
(d) Sexual identity.
5. After James' long identity crisis, what did he decide to be?
(b) A psychologist.
(c) Dependant on society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson state are not constantly bolstered, an idea that is contrary to popular belief?
2. In observing groups of people being reeducated by American civil servants, what reason does Erikson provide for why this group became frustrated and identity development?
3. What does the process of meeting fidelity do for Erikson's theory of youth identity?
4. What does Erikson feel may have been lost to modernity?
5. What do youth desire as they go through Erikson's stages of identity development?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)