|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Toward Contemporary Issues, Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
2. What does Erikson feel may have been lost to modernity?
(a) Cosmic wholeness.
3. After James' long identity crisis, what did he decide to be?
(a) A psychologist.
(d) Dependant on society.
4. Considering Erikson's theory of group identity development, what are cultures often led to do concerning their values?
(a) Absolutize them.
(b) Give them up.
(c) Modify them.
(d) Confirm them.
5. What do youth desire as they go through Erikson's stages of identity development?
(a) Unique identities.
(c) Acceptance from society.
(d) Similar identities.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Erikson in terms of active identity formation individual who now can say they know where they are going, what has occurred?
2. How is identity diffusion manifested during the adolescent stages of Erikson's theory of identity development?
3. What did Shaw care so much about being?
4. What do youth recognize the need for during Erikson's stages of identity development?
5. How are Erikson's ideologies of youth fulfilled?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)