|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Judaism concerned?
2. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
3. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
4. What essay opens Part 4?
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
Essay Topic 1
Though Einstein is most noted as a physicist, much of what he writes in this text would not seem out of place in a sociology journal. Discuss the following:
1. Do you believe that just because Einstein is a brilliant physicist, it means that brilliance should be valued in areas that are very different from physics and the hard sciences?
2. What do you think would be a synthesis of Einstein's world view of humanity?
3. Which do you value most in Einstein's contribution to humanity--his views on social culture or his contributions in the field of physics and hard science? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that Judaism should not be called a religion because it demands no "faith," just the sanctification of life. Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze the above statement and explain what you think Einstein means when he makes the above statement.
2. Do you think Zionist would agree with Einstein's statement about the sanctification of life? How about the life of non-Jews?
3. Discuss whether you think Einstein would agree with the path Zionism has taken since Einstein's death.
Essay Topic 3
Another topic in which Einstein seems to feel quite strongly is that of disarmament. Discuss the following:
Discuss and analyze Einstein's opinions about disarmament.
Do you believe disarmament is more likely today or in the time in which Einstein writes this book? Explain fully.
What do you think about the idea of world-wide disarmament? Discuss fully.
This section contains 1,730 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)