|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
2. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
3. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
4. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
5. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be visualized about a finite universe that could make it appear infinite and what does infinite space mean?
2. Why didn't Einstein join a French rally against German anti-Semitism?
3. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
4. What does Einstein Jews have been in the past two thousand years and what did they lack? What are they trying to establish now?
5. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
6. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
7. Why did Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
8. What does the theory of relativity say is probable about two and three dimensional space?
9. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
10. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Another topic in which Einstein seems to feel quite strongly is that of disarmament. Discuss the following:
Discuss and analyze Einstein's opinions about disarmament.
Do you believe disarmament is more likely today or in the time in which Einstein writes this book? Explain fully.
What do you think about the idea of world-wide disarmament? Discuss fully.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein writes his opinions on education in several essays. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss and analyze three major ideas Einstein has about education.
2. How are Einstein's ideas about education still used today? Or not? Discuss with examples.
3. Discuss what a school would be like that uses all of Einstein's ideas about education
Essay Topic 3
Einstein, in his essays about the Jewish people, considers himself a strong supporter of Zionism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Define Zionism and discuss its origins.
2. Discuss both some positive and negative characteristics of Zionism. Give examples.
3. Discuss whether or not you believe Zionism is the best solution for the needs of the Jewish people at the time the believers in Zionism create a Jewish state.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)