|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
2. What is the third requirement for living in a country?
3. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
4. What are elite volunteers doing?
5. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Einstein admire Kepler?
2. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
3. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
4. What does the theory of relativity say is probable about two and three dimensional space?
5. What does Einstein say is the essential character of the Jews as a group and what is their contribution to the world?
6. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
7. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
8. What does Einstein Jews have been in the past two thousand years and what did they lack? What are they trying to establish now?
9. What caused an exchange of correspondence between Einstein and the Prussian and Bavarian academies of science in 1933?
10. What supports a finite universe and who doubts that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein discusses both the League of Nations and its successor, UNESCO. Discuss the following:
1. What are Einstein's views about the League of Nations and UNESCO? Which does he think is more effective?
2. What improvements do Einstein thinks a world governing council needs compared to the League of Nations and UNESCO?
3. Do you think the United Nations as it exists today would meet with Einstein's approval? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that Judaism should not be called a religion because it demands no "faith," just the sanctification of life. Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze the above statement and explain what you think Einstein means when he makes the above statement.
2. Do you think Zionist would agree with Einstein's statement about the sanctification of life? How about the life of non-Jews?
3. Discuss whether you think Einstein would agree with the path Zionism has taken since Einstein's death.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein writes his opinions on education in several essays. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss and analyze three major ideas Einstein has about education.
2. How are Einstein's ideas about education still used today? Or not? Discuss with examples.
3. Discuss what a school would be like that uses all of Einstein's ideas about education
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)