Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Judaism concerned?
2. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
3. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
4. What essay opens Part 4?
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
Essay Topic 1
In "The Religious Spirit of Science" (1934), Einstein claims that all profound scientists are religious, but not religiously naÃ¯ve. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think Einstein means by the above statement? Use any of the text throughout the book to explain.
2. Do you agree with the above statement? Explain fully your stance. Use any of the text throughout the book to explain.
3. Do you see any conflict between religion and science? Use any of the text throughout the book to support your statements as well as your personal experience.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein, in his essays about the Jewish people, considers himself a strong supporter of Zionism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Define Zionism and discuss its origins.
2. Discuss both some positive and negative characteristics of Zionism. Give examples.
3. Discuss whether or not you believe Zionism is the best solution for the needs of the Jewish people at the time the believers in Zionism create a Jewish state.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein writes about military service. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly explain Einstein's opinion about military service, both volunteer and drafted.
2. Do you think Einstein's opinion about military service is realistic? Why or why not?
3. What is your opinion about required military service? Explain fully
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)