|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say the German people used to believe?
2. With what is this section primarily concerned?
3. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
4. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
5. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
2. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
3. Einstein says Kepler and Galileo "ripened" mankind for science. How did they do that?
4. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
5. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
6. What does the theory of relativity say is probable about two and three dimensional space?
7. What does Einstein say is the essential character of the Jews as a group and what is their contribution to the world?
8. What does Einstein Jews have been in the past two thousand years and what did they lack? What are they trying to establish now?
9. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
10. What does Einstein say about the Jews who died in the Warsaw Ghetto battles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Another topic in which Einstein seems to feel quite strongly is that of disarmament. Discuss the following:
Discuss and analyze Einstein's opinions about disarmament.
Do you believe disarmament is more likely today or in the time in which Einstein writes this book? Explain fully.
What do you think about the idea of world-wide disarmament? Discuss fully.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein discusses both the League of Nations and its successor, UNESCO. Discuss the following:
1. What are Einstein's views about the League of Nations and UNESCO? Which does he think is more effective?
2. What improvements do Einstein thinks a world governing council needs compared to the League of Nations and UNESCO?
3. Do you think the United Nations as it exists today would meet with Einstein's approval? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)