|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the accusations by these scientific communities?
2. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
3. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
4. For what must general laws be valid?
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
2. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
3. What does Einstein Jews have been in the past two thousand years and what did they lack? What are they trying to establish now?
4. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
5. Einstein says Kepler and Galileo "ripened" mankind for science. How did they do that?
6. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
7. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
8. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
9. What does Einstein say is the essential character of the Jews as a group and what is their contribution to the world?
10. What does Einstein say a theorist must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein discusses both the League of Nations and its successor, UNESCO. Discuss the following:
1. What are Einstein's views about the League of Nations and UNESCO? Which does he think is more effective?
2. What improvements do Einstein thinks a world governing council needs compared to the League of Nations and UNESCO?
3. Do you think the United Nations as it exists today would meet with Einstein's approval? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
Essay Topic 3
1. What are some positive aspects of science and technology?
2. What are some dangers created by science and technology?
3. Do you think science and technology mean the same thing today as it did at the time Einstein writes this book?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)