|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
2. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
3. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
4. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
5. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
Essay Topic 1
Einstein writes about military service. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly explain Einstein's opinion about military service, both volunteer and drafted.
2. Do you think Einstein's opinion about military service is realistic? Why or why not?
3. What is your opinion about required military service? Explain fully
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
Essay Topic 3
In Einstein's essay, "My First Impressions of the U.S.A., he begins by talking about what he calls the "cult of individuals." Discuss the following:
1. What does Einstein mean by the phrase "cult of individuals"? Give examples.
2. Do you believe this "cult" is more or less prevalent in the United States in the first decade of the 21st century? Explain fully.
3. Discuss the pros and cons of a society based upon a "cult of individuals."
This section contains 1,743 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)