Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Judaism concerned?
2. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
3. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
4. What essay opens Part 4?
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
Essay Topic 1
Einstein discusses both the League of Nations and its successor, UNESCO. Discuss the following:
1. What are Einstein's views about the League of Nations and UNESCO? Which does he think is more effective?
2. What improvements do Einstein thinks a world governing council needs compared to the League of Nations and UNESCO?
3. Do you think the United Nations as it exists today would meet with Einstein's approval? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
Essay Topic 3
In Einstein's essay, "Remarks on Bertrand Russell's Theory of Knowledge," Einstein discusses the question as to "What knowledge is pure thought able to supply independent of sense perceptions?" Discuss the following:
1. How does Einstein say that Russell's theory of knowledge answers the above question?
2. Does Einstein completely agree with Russell? Discuss fully.
3. Explain Russell's theory of knowledge and how it is applicable in today's culture.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)