|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Judaism concerned?
2. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
3. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
4. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
5. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
Essay Topic 1
Einstein, in his essays about the Jewish people, considers himself a strong supporter of Zionism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Define Zionism and discuss its origins.
2. Discuss both some positive and negative characteristics of Zionism. Give examples.
3. Discuss whether or not you believe Zionism is the best solution for the needs of the Jewish people at the time the believers in Zionism create a Jewish state.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that Judaism should not be called a religion because it demands no "faith," just the sanctification of life. Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze the above statement and explain what you think Einstein means when he makes the above statement.
2. Do you think Zionist would agree with Einstein's statement about the sanctification of life? How about the life of non-Jews?
3. Discuss whether you think Einstein would agree with the path Zionism has taken since Einstein's death.
Essay Topic 3
Another topic in which Einstein seems to feel quite strongly is that of disarmament. Discuss the following:
Discuss and analyze Einstein's opinions about disarmament.
Do you believe disarmament is more likely today or in the time in which Einstein writes this book? Explain fully.
What do you think about the idea of world-wide disarmament? Discuss fully.
This section contains 1,754 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)