|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
2. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
3. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
5. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
2. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
3. What does Einstein think of the policy of security through superior military power and what does he say this policy has done?
4. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
5. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
6. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
7. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
8. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
9. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
10. What is Einstein's view of the relationship between technology and employment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
Essay Topic 2
In Einstein's essay, "My First Impressions of the U.S.A., he begins by talking about what he calls the "cult of individuals." Discuss the following:
1. What does Einstein mean by the phrase "cult of individuals"? Give examples.
2. Do you believe this "cult" is more or less prevalent in the United States in the first decade of the 21st century? Explain fully.
3. Discuss the pros and cons of a society based upon a "cult of individuals."
Essay Topic 3
Einstein attempts to explain the basis of anti-Semitism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Why does Einstein think many hate Jews? Do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
2. Do you think hatred and genocide of any group of people is ever justified? Explain. Do you think anti-Semitism still exists in the United States? Explain.
3. Do you think the Jewish people have any responsibility for the Arab attitude towards them in the 21st century? Why or why not?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)