|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
5. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
2. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
3. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
4. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
5. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
6. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
7. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
8. How does Einstein compare physicists to Alfred Nobel? What does he think they should do?
9. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
10. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
Essay Topic 1
In Einstein's essay, "Remarks on Bertrand Russell's Theory of Knowledge," Einstein discusses the question as to "What knowledge is pure thought able to supply independent of sense perceptions?" Discuss the following:
1. How does Einstein say that Russell's theory of knowledge answers the above question?
2. Does Einstein completely agree with Russell? Discuss fully.
3. Explain Russell's theory of knowledge and how it is applicable in today's culture.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein, in his essays about the Jewish people, considers himself a strong supporter of Zionism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Define Zionism and discuss its origins.
2. Discuss both some positive and negative characteristics of Zionism. Give examples.
3. Discuss whether or not you believe Zionism is the best solution for the needs of the Jewish people at the time the believers in Zionism create a Jewish state.
This section contains 2,036 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)