|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
2. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
3. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
4. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
5. What should history do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
2. What does Einstein say a theorist must do?
3. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
4. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
5. Briefly, what does Einstein say about language?
6. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
7. Why didn't Einstein join a French rally against German anti-Semitism?
8. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
9. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
10. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
Essay Topic 1
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that technology has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone. Discuss the following:
1. Why does Einstein make the above statement? Analyze what Einstein means using examples.
2. Do you think international peace was possible in the time Einstein writes this? What about now? Why or why not?
3. What technology was present in the time Einstein wrote this that could be a matter of life and death? What about now?
Essay Topic 3
Einstein writes about military service. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly explain Einstein's opinion about military service, both volunteer and drafted.
2. Do you think Einstein's opinion about military service is realistic? Why or why not?
3. What is your opinion about required military service? Explain fully
This section contains 2,054 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)