|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a country enslave its citizens?
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
3. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
4. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
2. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
3. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
4. What is Einstein's view of the relationship between technology and employment?
5. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
6. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
7. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
8. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
9. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
10. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein makes a number of comparisons throughout his text. Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare the way labor is utilized in the United States to that of Europe and third-world countries. Give examples.
2. Compare the difference between the social milieu of the United States versus that of Europe.
3. Compare the attitude of Einstein towards women versus men throughout his book. Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Another topic in which Einstein seems to feel quite strongly is that of disarmament. Discuss the following:
Discuss and analyze Einstein's opinions about disarmament.
Do you believe disarmament is more likely today or in the time in which Einstein writes this book? Explain fully.
What do you think about the idea of world-wide disarmament? Discuss fully.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein says that technology has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone. Discuss the following:
1. Why does Einstein make the above statement? Analyze what Einstein means using examples.
2. Do you think international peace was possible in the time Einstein writes this? What about now? Why or why not?
3. What technology was present in the time Einstein wrote this that could be a matter of life and death? What about now?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)