|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
2. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
4. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
5. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
2. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
3. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
4. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
5. What does Einstein say about Marie Curie upon her death?
6. How does Einstein compare physicists to Alfred Nobel? What does he think they should do?
7. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
8. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
9. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
10. What is Einstein's view of the relationship between technology and employment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein gives the reader an overview of his philosophy of life in the essay, "The World as I See It." Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss Einstein's opinions of three topics. Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
2. Compare and contrast Einstein's opinions from this essay with what you might imagine he would think today in the 21st century. How do you think his opinions would change? Would remain the same? Explain fully.
3. Discuss how you think Einstein's view on several topics from this essay informs his life as a scientist.
Essay Topic 2
In "The Religious Spirit of Science" (1934), Einstein claims that all profound scientists are religious, but not religiously naïve. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think Einstein means by the above statement? Use any of the text throughout the book to explain.
2. Do you agree with the above statement? Explain fully your stance. Use any of the text throughout the book to explain.
3. Do you see any conflict between religion and science? Use any of the text throughout the book to support your statements as well as your personal experience.
Essay Topic 3
1. What are some positive aspects of science and technology?
2. What are some dangers created by science and technology?
3. Do you think science and technology mean the same thing today as it did at the time Einstein writes this book?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)