|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
2. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
3. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
4. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
5. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
2. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
3. What does the theory of relativity say is probable about two and three dimensional space?
4. What can be visualized about a finite universe that could make it appear infinite and what does infinite space mean?
5. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
6. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
7. What does Einstein say an individual needs to have a conscious, positive attitude towards life?
8. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
9. Briefly, what does Einstein say about language?
10. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein writes his opinions on education in several essays. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss and analyze three major ideas Einstein has about education.
2. How are Einstein's ideas about education still used today? Or not? Discuss with examples.
3. Discuss what a school would be like that uses all of Einstein's ideas about education
Essay Topic 2
Though Einstein is most noted as a physicist, much of what he writes in this text would not seem out of place in a sociology journal. Discuss the following:
1. Do you believe that just because Einstein is a brilliant physicist, it means that brilliance should be valued in areas that are very different from physics and the hard sciences?
2. What do you think would be a synthesis of Einstein's world view of humanity?
3. Which do you value most in Einstein's contribution to humanity--his views on social culture or his contributions in the field of physics and hard science? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein discusses how economics can determine the research and use of scientific knowledge. Discuss the following:
1. According to Einstein, what is the role economics plays in scientific research?
2. Do you think economics is still a strong factor in scientific research in the 21st century?
3. How do you think is the best way to finance scientific research? Why? Do you think science would advance further if economics were not a factor?
This section contains 2,052 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)