|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
2. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
3. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
4. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
5. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
2. In To the Schoolchildren of Japan what are Einstein's hopes for Japanese children and how does that bear out?
3. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
4. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
5. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
6. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
7. How does Einstein view the state's function and what does he define as a state slave?
8. How does Einstein feel about America in his first trip there?
9. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
10. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein attempts to explain the basis of anti-Semitism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Why does Einstein think many hate Jews? Do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
2. Do you think hatred and genocide of any group of people is ever justified? Explain. Do you think anti-Semitism still exists in the United States? Explain.
3. Do you think the Jewish people have any responsibility for the Arab attitude towards them in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Einstein writes about military service. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly explain Einstein's opinion about military service, both volunteer and drafted.
2. Do you think Einstein's opinion about military service is realistic? Why or why not?
3. What is your opinion about required military service? Explain fully
Essay Topic 3
Einstein writes his opinions on education in several essays. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss and analyze three major ideas Einstein has about education.
2. How are Einstein's ideas about education still used today? Or not? Discuss with examples.
3. Discuss what a school would be like that uses all of Einstein's ideas about education
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)