|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has science not done?
2. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
3. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
2. How does Einstein view the state's function and what does he define as a state slave?
3. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
4. What does Einstein say society depends upon schools to do and why do they?
5. How does Einstein feel about America in his first trip there?
6. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
7. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
8. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
9. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
10. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein says that Judaism should not be called a religion because it demands no "faith," just the sanctification of life. Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze the above statement and explain what you think Einstein means when he makes the above statement.
2. Do you think Zionist would agree with Einstein's statement about the sanctification of life? How about the life of non-Jews?
3. Discuss whether you think Einstein would agree with the path Zionism has taken since Einstein's death.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein discusses how economics can determine the research and use of scientific knowledge. Discuss the following:
1. According to Einstein, what is the role economics plays in scientific research?
2. Do you think economics is still a strong factor in scientific research in the 21st century?
3. How do you think is the best way to finance scientific research? Why? Do you think science would advance further if economics were not a factor?
Essay Topic 3
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)