Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
5. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
2. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
3. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
4. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
5. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
6. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
7. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
8. How does Einstein compare physicists to Alfred Nobel? What does he think they should do?
9. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
10. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
Einstein attempts to explain the basis of anti-Semitism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Why does Einstein think many hate Jews? Do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
2. Do you think hatred and genocide of any group of people is ever justified? Explain. Do you think anti-Semitism still exists in the United States? Explain.
3. Do you think the Jewish people have any responsibility for the Arab attitude towards them in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Einstein, in his essays about the Jewish people, considers himself a strong supporter of Zionism. Discuss one of the following:
1. Define Zionism and discuss its origins.
2. Discuss both some positive and negative characteristics of Zionism. Give examples.
3. Discuss whether or not you believe Zionism is the best solution for the needs of the Jewish people at the time the believers in Zionism create a Jewish state.
Einstein writes his opinions on education in several essays. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss and analyze three major ideas Einstein has about education.
2. How are Einstein's ideas about education still used today? Or not? Discuss with examples.
3. Discuss what a school would be like that uses all of Einstein's ideas about education
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)