|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
2. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
5. What do the intellectual élite lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
2. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
3. In To the Schoolchildren of Japan what are Einstein's hopes for Japanese children and how does that bear out?
4. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
5. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
6. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
7. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
8. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
9. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
10. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein makes a number of comparisons throughout his text. Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare the way labor is utilized in the United States to that of Europe and third-world countries. Give examples.
2. Compare the difference between the social milieu of the United States versus that of Europe.
3. Compare the attitude of Einstein towards women versus men throughout his book. Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Einstein says that the aim of the Jewish nation is to restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs. Discuss one of the following:
1. How well do you think the new Jewish nation achieves the aim to restore Jewish tradition?
2. How well do you think the new Jewish nation lives (peaceably) side by side with the Arabs?
3. Discuss the present day success of the goal stated above.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein writes his opinions on education in several essays. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss and analyze three major ideas Einstein has about education.
2. How are Einstein's ideas about education still used today? Or not? Discuss with examples.
3. Discuss what a school would be like that uses all of Einstein's ideas about education
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)