|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
2. How does a country enslave its citizens?
3. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
4. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
5. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
2. What is Einstein's opinion of what Zionism has done but what does he think is better?
3. What is Einstein's view of the relationship between technology and employment?
4. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
5. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
6. What does Einstein say an individual needs to have a conscious, positive attitude towards life?
7. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
8. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
9. How does Einstein view the state's function and what does he define as a state slave?
10. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Einstein writes his opinions on education in several essays. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss and analyze three major ideas Einstein has about education.
2. How are Einstein's ideas about education still used today? Or not? Discuss with examples.
3. Discuss what a school would be like that uses all of Einstein's ideas about education
Essay Topic 2
Einstein makes a number of comparisons throughout his text. Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare the way labor is utilized in the United States to that of Europe and third-world countries. Give examples.
2. Compare the difference between the social milieu of the United States versus that of Europe.
3. Compare the attitude of Einstein towards women versus men throughout his book. Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Einstein discusses how economics can determine the research and use of scientific knowledge. Discuss the following:
1. According to Einstein, what is the role economics plays in scientific research?
2. Do you think economics is still a strong factor in scientific research in the 21st century?
3. How do you think is the best way to finance scientific research? Why? Do you think science would advance further if economics were not a factor?
This section contains 2,052 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)