|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Infinite space mean?
(a) That space is occupied by an infinite number of atoms.
(b) That eternity and inifinite space are identical.
(c) That any number of bodies of equal size can be laid side-by-side without ever filling it.
(d) That there is no finte end to the boundaries of the Universe.
2. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
(a) Gain revenge on those who have murdered them.
(b) Treat the Arabs as equals.
(c) Gain self respect.
(d) Learn to accept differences among those already in Palestine.
3. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
(c) The right equipment to prove theories.
4. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
(a) His refusal to participate in a meeting against Anti-Semitism.
(b) His suggestion of changing the date and time of the meeting.
(c) His concern that there is a rally against Ant-Semitism.
(d) His rationale for why the Germans are doing what they are doing.
5. What does Inertia cause?
(a) A slow-down in electron movement the closer one is to the gravitation pull of the sun.
(c) Circulation to be greatest just beyond the place of greatest curvature.
(d) A tendency to move faster once propeled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
2. What is the result of the accusations by these scientific communities?
3. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
4. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
5. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
2. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
3. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
4. Einstein says Kepler and Galileo "ripened" mankind for science. How did they do that?
5. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
6. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
7. Why did Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
8. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
9. Why didn't Einstein join a French rally against German anti-Semitism?
10. What are volunteers doing in Israel during Einstein's time?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)