|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
(a) The constant of the speed of light.
(b) The way light moves through matter.
(c) The way light moves in space.
(d) The relative positions of space.
2. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(b) That the Jewish population is declining.
(c) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
(d) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
3. What essay opens Part 4?
(a) "Mainifesto to Peace, March, 1943."
(b) "Peace at What Cost, March, 1941."
(c) "Manifesto of the Chosen."
(d) "Manifesto--March, 1939."
4. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
(a) For Jews to be willing to live under Arab rule.
(b) For Jews and Arabs to live together peacefully.
(c) For Jews to have their own state and government within many countries.
(d) For Jews to reassimilate peacefully into their homelands.
5. Who "frees" space from rigidity?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
2. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
3. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
4. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
5. What do the academies not regret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Einstein's opinion of what Zionism has done but what does he think is better?
2. What does Einstein say a theorist must do?
3. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
4. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
5. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
6. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
7. What does the theory of relativity say is probable about two and three dimensional space?
8. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
9. What supports a finite universe and who doubts that?
10. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)