|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
(b) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(c) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(d) That the Jewish population is declining.
2. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
(a) As the ideals to which all humanity must strive.
(b) The ideals of a benevolent sovereign nation.
(c) To human beings in their most perfected state.
(d) As the essential character of Jews as a group.
3. In what decade is Einstein writing his correspondence with the science academies?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1920s.
4. What does Inertia cause?
(a) Circulation to be greatest just beyond the place of greatest curvature.
(b) A slow-down in electron movement the closer one is to the gravitation pull of the sun.
(c) A tendency to move faster once propeled.
5. What essay opens Part 4?
(a) "Mainifesto to Peace, March, 1943."
(b) "Peace at What Cost, March, 1941."
(c) "Manifesto of the Chosen."
(d) "Manifesto--March, 1939."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
2. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
3. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
5. What correspondence does Einstein present in this part?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)