|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the the "Riemannian curvature" do?
(a) Defines the orbit of electrons.
(b) Shows how orbits are created.
(c) Helps explain the shape of Earth and other planets.
(d) Links the theory with the facts of astronomy.
2. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
(a) A lesser truth.
(b) That there is no truth.
(c) A higher truth.
(d) Nothing clear.
3. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
(a) Waves and fields.
(b) Fields and quarks.
(c) Quarks and waves.
4. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
(a) That he forfeits his pay and retirement.
(b) That he says something good about the German people to the rest of the world.
(c) That he gives them reserach he conducted for them.
(d) That he not work for any other country.
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
(a) 2.3 percent.
(b) Less than one percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 4 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
2. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
3. What does Einstein say the German people used to believe?
4. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
5. Where is the "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" being held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Einstein says Kepler and Galileo "ripened" mankind for science. How did they do that?
2. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
3. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
4. What supports a finite universe and who doubts that?
5. What does Einstein say about the Jews who died in the Warsaw Ghetto battles?
6. Why didn't Einstein join a French rally against German anti-Semitism?
7. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
8. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
9. What does Einstein Jews have been in the past two thousand years and what did they lack? What are they trying to establish now?
10. What does Einstein say is the essential character of the Jews as a group and what is their contribution to the world?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)