|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
(a) He has earned his pay and retirement.
(b) It is counter to what he has worked for his whole life.
(c) It is unreasonable.
(d) The notes came from his own mind and no one else's.
2. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
(a) For standing by his ideas despite the inquisition.
(b) For knowing when to look deeper into his theories.
(c) For workinhg out the laws of gravity.
(d) For working out the planetary motions with no one's support and the understanding of few.
3. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
(a) Benevolent guardians of both Jew and Arabs.
(b) Strong enough to withstand persecution.
(c) A beacon of light to an uncivilized world.
(d) Civilized Europeans and good citizens.
4. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
(a) A circle.
(b) A two-story building.
(c) A helix.
(d) A question and answer format.
5. What is one requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(b) Military disarmament.
(c) Military might.
Short Answer Questions
1. Neither intelligence nor institutions can substitute for what?
2. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
3. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
4. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
5. For what has Einstein worked his entire life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
2. What caused an exchange of correspondence between Einstein and the Prussian and Bavarian academies of science in 1933?
3. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
4. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
5. What supports a finite universe and who doubts that?
6. Why didn't Einstein join a French rally against German anti-Semitism?
7. Why does Einstein admire Kepler?
8. Einstein says Kepler and Galileo "ripened" mankind for science. How did they do that?
9. What does Einstein say a theorist must do?
10. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)