|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(c) Strong and unwavering.
2. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) The Planck theory.
(b) Edison's definition of ohms.
(c) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
(d) Tesla's theory of voltage.
3. To whom do the scientific academies declare their loyalties?
(a) The State.
(b) The truth.
(c) Impartial research.
(d) Scientific principles.
4. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(b) The pursuit of happiness ideal.
(c) Intolerance for others who do not adhere to Jewish ideals.
(d) Justice for those who are oppressed.
5. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
(a) For workinhg out the laws of gravity.
(b) For working out the planetary motions with no one's support and the understanding of few.
(c) For knowing when to look deeper into his theories.
(d) For standing by his ideas despite the inquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
2. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
3. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
4. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
5. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
2. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
3. What is Einstein's opinion of what Zionism has done but what does he think is better?
4. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
5. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
6. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
7. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
8. Why does Einstein admire Kepler?
9. What can be visualized about a finite universe that could make it appear infinite and what does infinite space mean?
10. What does Einstein Jews have been in the past two thousand years and what did they lack? What are they trying to establish now?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)