|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade does Einstein write "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
(d) First decade of 20th century.
2. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 2.3 percent.
(c) 4 percent.
(d) Less than one percent.
3. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(b) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
(c) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
(d) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
4. Who "frees" space from rigidity?
5. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
(c) The right equipment to prove theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
2. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
3. To whom do the scientific academies declare their loyalties?
4. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
5. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Einstein's opinion of what Zionism has done but what does he think is better?
2. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
3. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
4. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
5. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
6. Why didn't Einstein join a French rally against German anti-Semitism?
7. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
8. What does Einstein say is the essential character of the Jews as a group and what is their contribution to the world?
9. What can be visualized about a finite universe that could make it appear infinite and what does infinite space mean?
10. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)