|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A strong family life.
(b) Understanding of the Talmud.
(c) A good education.
(d) The ghetto.
2. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
(a) The relative positions of space.
(b) The constant of the speed of light.
(c) The way light moves through matter.
(d) The way light moves in space.
3. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
(a) That heroes are the most unlikely people.
(b) That understanding must be offered those who attacked the Warsaw Ghetto.
(c) That forgiveness must be offered those who attacked the Warsaw Ghetto.
(d) To laud those who fought in the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto.
4. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(d) Strong and unwavering.
5. What is the "ether" idea invented by earlier scientists?
(a) A way to slow down the movement of electrons rotating around the nucleas.
(b) A medium pervading space as a vehicle for electromagnetic and light phenomena..
(c) A means of putting electrons into a suspended state.
(d) The matter in which electrical current shocks someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
2. What is Einstein's response to the demands of the academies?
3. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
4. To whom do the scientific academies declare their loyalties?
5. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
2. What are volunteers doing in Israel during Einstein's time?
3. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
4. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
5. What is Einstein's opinion of what Zionism has done but what does he think is better?
6. What does Einstein say about the Jews who died in the Warsaw Ghetto battles?
7. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
8. What does Einstein say is the essential character of the Jews as a group and what is their contribution to the world?
9. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
10. What does the theory of relativity say is probable about two and three dimensional space?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)