|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
(a) The constant of the speed of light.
(b) The relative positions of space.
(c) The way light moves through matter.
(d) The way light moves in space.
2. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
(a) That he gives them reserach he conducted for them.
(b) That he says something good about the German people to the rest of the world.
(c) That he forfeits his pay and retirement.
(d) That he not work for any other country.
3. What correspondence does Einstein present in this part?
(a) Between him and his mentor.
(b) Between him and his wife.
(c) Between him and the president of the United States.
(d) Between him and Prussian and Bavarian academies of science .
4. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
(a) Because it is a way of life.
(b) Because it demands no "faith"; just the sanctification of life.
(c) Because it acknowledges all paths lead to God.
(d) Because faith is counter to its precepts.
5. What essay opens Part 4?
(a) "Manifesto of the Chosen."
(b) "Peace at What Cost, March, 1941."
(c) "Manifesto--March, 1939."
(d) "Mainifesto to Peace, March, 1943."
Short Answer Questions
1. For what must general laws be valid?
2. What are elite volunteers doing?
3. What is the third requirement for living in a country?
4. What does Anti-Semitism means?
5. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the theory of relativity say is probable about two and three dimensional space?
2. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
3. Einstein says Kepler and Galileo "ripened" mankind for science. How did they do that?
4. Why did Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
5. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
6. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
7. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
8. Why does Einstein admire Kepler?
9. What supports a finite universe and who doubts that?
10. What caused an exchange of correspondence between Einstein and the Prussian and Bavarian academies of science in 1933?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)