|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the academies not regret?
(a) Einstein's resignation.
(b) The resignation of several key members.
(c) Einstein's expulsion.
(d) Searching for the truth.
2. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
(b) The right equipment to prove theories.
3. What does Infinite space mean?
(a) That there is no finte end to the boundaries of the Universe.
(b) That eternity and inifinite space are identical.
(c) That space is occupied by an infinite number of atoms.
(d) That any number of bodies of equal size can be laid side-by-side without ever filling it.
4. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(c) Strong and unwavering.
5. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
(b) Tesla's theory of voltage.
(c) Edison's definition of ohms.
(d) The Planck theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what must general laws be valid?
2. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
3. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
4. With what is Judaism concerned?
5. What prevents Jews from giving blind obeisance to any moral authority?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
2. Why does Einstein say Judaism is not a religion?
3. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
4. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
5. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
6. What are volunteers doing in Israel during Einstein's time?
7. What can be visualized about a finite universe that could make it appear infinite and what does infinite space mean?
8. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
9. Why does Einstein admire Kepler?
10. What does Einstein say Jews must do now?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)