|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the starting point for the concept of space?
(a) The omega point.
(b) The interval.
(c) The quark space.
(d) The alpha point.
2. What does Inertia cause?
(a) A slow-down in electron movement the closer one is to the gravitation pull of the sun.
(b) Circulation to be greatest just beyond the place of greatest curvature.
(d) A tendency to move faster once propeled.
3. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
(a) He was treated well.
(b) He was often subject to unwarrented interrogations.
(c) He was treated poorly.
(d) He was often subject to physical abuse.
4. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
(a) Because it acknowledges all paths lead to God.
(b) Because faith is counter to its precepts.
(c) Because it demands no "faith"; just the sanctification of life.
(d) Because it is a way of life.
5. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
(b) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(c) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(d) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
2. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
3. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
4. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
5. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Einstein join a French rally against German anti-Semitism?
2. What does Einstein say about the Jews who died in the Warsaw Ghetto battles?
3. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
4. What caused an exchange of correspondence between Einstein and the Prussian and Bavarian academies of science in 1933?
5. What can be visualized about a finite universe that could make it appear infinite and what does infinite space mean?
6. Why does the theory of relativity show how modern theoretical science develops?
7. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
8. What does Einstein Jews have been in the past two thousand years and what did they lack? What are they trying to establish now?
9. What do the academies say about their loyalties and how do they feel about his resignation?
10. Why does he say the protest might be better without him?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)