|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade does Einstein write "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
(c) First decade of 20th century.
2. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) Tesla's theory of voltage.
(b) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
(c) The Planck theory.
(d) Edison's definition of ohms.
3. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(b) The pursuit of happiness ideal.
(c) Intolerance for others who do not adhere to Jewish ideals.
(d) Justice for those who are oppressed.
4. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
(a) As exceeding all expectations.
(b) As a dismal failure.
(c) As grueling and discouraging.
(d) As about what expected.
5. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
(a) The rationale for a theory of distance.
(b) It can determine the mathematical probabilities of finding structures at a particular spot.
(d) A way of showing the exact place of any given atom at an exact moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
2. What is the starting point for the concept of space?
3. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
4. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
5. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)