|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(b) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(c) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(d) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(b) Being to provencial.
(c) Seeking to overpopulate.
(d) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
3. When are people happiest?
(a) When in an accepting community.
(b) When pursuing what interests them.
(c) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(d) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
4. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
(c) The Pope.
5. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Samantha Carter.
(b) Golda Meir.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Mother Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
2. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
3. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
2. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
3. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
4. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
5. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
6. What does Einstein think of the policy of security through superior military power and what does he say this policy has done?
7. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
8. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
9. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
10. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)