|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As rejecting advances.
(b) As intellectually inferior.
(c) As cyphers.
(d) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
2. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
3. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
(a) His system of dream interpretation.
(b) His ability to arbitrate for peace.
(c) His desire to share openly.
(d) Freud's binding in the psyche of combative/destructive instincts with those of love and life.
4. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(b) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(c) The ability to think independently.
(d) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does religion deal?
2. What do the intellectual élite lack?
3. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
4. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
5. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
2. In To the Schoolchildren of Japan what are Einstein's hopes for Japanese children and how does that bear out?
3. How does Einstein feel about America in his first trip there?
4. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
5. Give a brief statement of Einstein's definition of religion and science.
6. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
7. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
8. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
9. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
10. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)