|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
2. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive religious unrest.
(b) Massive unemployment.
(c) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
(d) An abandonment of religious principles.
3. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
(a) A lack of clear thinking.
(c) The armament industry.
(d) False pride.
4. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Initiate that action.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(b) Deliberate action.
(c) Absolute conviction.
(d) Assured knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
2. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
3. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
4. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
5. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein say about Marie Curie upon her death?
2. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
3. Briefly, what does Einstein say about language?
4. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
5. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
6. Give a brief statement of Einstein's definition of religion and science.
7. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
8. What does Einstein say about the Jews who died in the Warsaw Ghetto battles?
9. What can be visualized about a finite universe that could make it appear infinite and what does infinite space mean?
10. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)