Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(c) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(d) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will yield.
(b) Japan will attack those countries.
(c) Japan will negotiate.
(d) China will attack Europe.
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) Research and development.
(d) International politics.
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Deliberate action.
(b) Assured knowledge.
(c) Absolute conviction.
5. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) By having good genes.
(b) Through participation in the human community.
(c) By clear thinking.
(d) By diligent striving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
4. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
5. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
2. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
3. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
4. What does Einstein say he will only live under?
5. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
6. What does Einstein say Judaism is concerned with and how can it be better?
7. How does Einstein see the change in Jews towards Palestine?
8. How does Einstein compare physicists to Alfred Nobel? What does he think they should do?
9. What does he say about what he has always fought for?
10. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)