|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) With the highest respect.
(b) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(c) As the lapdog of facism.
(d) As a modern inquisitional institution.
2. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Triumph of evil.
(b) Capitulation of pacific nations.
(c) Universal anarchy and terror.
(d) Universal domination and subjugation.
3. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(b) J. Menniger.
(c) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(d) Mahatma Ghandi.
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) Research and development.
(c) International politics.
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(b) The ability to think independently.
(c) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(d) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
3. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
4. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
5. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
2. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
3. How does Einstein compare physicists to Alfred Nobel? What does he think they should do?
4. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
5. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
6. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
7. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
8. What does Einstein think of the policy of security through superior military power and what does he say this policy has done?
9. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
10. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)