|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(b) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(c) The ability to understand basic causes.
(d) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
2. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
(a) Freud's binding in the psyche of combative/destructive instincts with those of love and life.
(b) His system of dream interpretation.
(c) His ability to arbitrate for peace.
(d) His desire to share openly.
3. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
4. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The value of the individual in the United States.
(b) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(c) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(d) The high cost of labor.
5. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It accelerates human relations.
(b) It promotes human relations.
(c) It retards human relations.
(d) It freezes human relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
2. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
3. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
4. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
2. What does Einstein think of the policy of security through superior military power and what does he say this policy has done?
3. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
4. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
5. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
6. What does Einstein say society depends upon schools to do and why do they?
7. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
8. What is Einstein's view of the relationship between technology and employment?
9. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
10. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)