|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(b) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(c) Initiate that action.
(d) Produce truth.
2. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) The ability to understand basic causes.
(b) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(c) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(d) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
3. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
(a) Because as long as war is possible, everyone wants to be in a position to win.
(b) Because those countries still armed will not do what they say once others disarm.
(c) Because someone will inevitably double cross the others.
(d) Because peace is unenforcable if some countries are still armed.
4. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As sacred.
(b) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(c) As impossible.
(d) As tainted.
5. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does religion deal?
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
3. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein say society depends upon schools to do and why do they?
2. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
3. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
4. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
5. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
6. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
7. How does Einstein view the state's function and what does he define as a state slave?
8. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
9. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
10. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)