|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
(b) Massive unemployment.
(c) An abandonment of religious principles.
(d) Massive religious unrest.
2. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
(a) The Pope.
3. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(a) Belief in God.
(d) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
4. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(b) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(c) To teach morals.
(d) To instill purpose in the students.
5. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It accelerates human relations.
(b) It promotes human relations.
(c) It freezes human relations.
(d) It retards human relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
2. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
3. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
4. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
2. How does Einstein view the state's function and what does he define as a state slave?
3. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
4. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
5. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
6. Give a brief statement of Einstein's definition of religion and science.
7. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
8. How does Einstein feel about America in his first trip there?
9. What does Einstein say society depends upon schools to do and why do they?
10. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)