|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Seeking to overpopulate.
(b) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
(c) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(d) Being to provencial.
2. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
(a) To work diligently even if its on a very small discovery.
(b) To help those scientist on the edge of big break throughs.
(c) To work alone and not waste the time of geniuses.
(d) Not be isolationist.
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(d) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(b) Research and development.
(c) International politics.
5. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
2. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
3. How are Americans foolish?
4. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
5. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
Short Essay Questions
1. Einstein says Kepler and Galileo "ripened" mankind for science. How did they do that?
2. Briefly, what does Einstein say about language?
3. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
4. What does Einstein say is the essential character of the Jews as a group and what is their contribution to the world?
5. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
6. What do the Academies demand that Einstein deplores?
7. Why does Einstein admire Kepler?
8. Why does the general theory of relativity originate?
9. In To the Schoolchildren of Japan what are Einstein's hopes for Japanese children and how does that bear out?
10. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)