|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
(b) The armament industry.
(c) False pride.
(d) A lack of clear thinking.
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
(d) The common people.
3. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
(b) Seeking to overpopulate.
(c) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(d) Being to provencial.
4. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(b) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(c) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(d) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(c) Frederick Grover.
(d) Max Planck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
2. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
3. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
4. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
5. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
2. In To the Schoolchildren of Japan what are Einstein's hopes for Japanese children and how does that bear out?
3. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
4. What does Einstein say society depends upon schools to do and why do they?
5. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
6. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
7. What does Einstein say about Marie Curie upon her death?
8. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
9. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
10. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)