|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(d) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
2. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
3. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
4. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) J. Menniger.
(b) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(c) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(d) Mahatma Ghandi.
5. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(b) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
(c) Because they are superior to animals.
(d) In order to evolve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
2. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
3. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
4. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein say about Marie Curie upon her death?
2. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
3. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
4. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
5. How does Einstein feel about America in his first trip there?
6. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
7. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
8. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
9. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
10. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)