|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) J. Menniger.
(b) Mahatma Ghandi.
(c) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(d) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(b) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(c) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Intensely focused.
(c) Full of change.
(d) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
4. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(b) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(c) Truth, industry and happiness.
(d) Kindness, beauty and truth.
5. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When pursuing what interests them.
(c) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(d) When in an accepting community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
2. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
3. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
2. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
3. How does Einstein feel about America in his first trip there?
4. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
5. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
6. How does Einstein view the state's function and what does he define as a state slave?
7. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
8. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
9. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
10. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)