|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Universal anarchy and terror.
(b) Capitulation of pacific nations.
(c) Universal domination and subjugation.
(d) Triumph of evil.
2. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
3. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Absolute conviction.
(c) Deliberate action.
(d) Assured knowledge.
5. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(b) The desire for knowledge.
(c) Political pressure.
(d) Economic pressures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
3. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
4. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
5. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
2. In Message in the Time-Capsule what does Einstein say, tongue in cheek?
3. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
4. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
5. What kind of thinker in humanities is Einstein and how does he act about his fame?
6. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
7. What is Einstein's view of the relationship between technology and employment?
8. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
9. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
10. In To the Schoolchildren of Japan what are Einstein's hopes for Japanese children and how does that bear out?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)