|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(a) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
(d) Belief in God.
2. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Mother Theresa.
(b) Golda Meir.
(c) Samantha Carter.
(d) Marie Curie.
3. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Capitulation of pacific nations.
(b) Universal anarchy and terror.
(c) Triumph of evil.
(d) Universal domination and subjugation.
4. Who has created the League of Nations?
(a) The common people.
5. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(b) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(c) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
(d) The ability to understand basic causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
2. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
3. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
4. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
5. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
2. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
3. In To the Schoolchildren of Japan what are Einstein's hopes for Japanese children and how does that bear out?
4. What does Einstein say about Marie Curie upon her death?
5. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
6. How does Einstein see as being the only way conscientious objection can work?
7. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
8. What does Einstein think of the policy of security through superior military power and what does he say this policy has done?
9. Give a brief statement of Einstein's definition of religion and science.
10. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)