|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
(b) The armament industry.
(c) A lack of clear thinking.
(d) False pride.
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will attack those countries.
(b) China will attack Europe.
(c) Japan will yield.
(d) Japan will negotiate.
3. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Frederick Grover.
(b) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(c) Paul Dirac.
(d) Max Planck.
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The contemplation of infinity.
(c) The tenets of Christianity.
(d) The efforts towards understanding.
5. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its structure.
(b) Its rigidity.
(c) Its adherence to tradition.
(d) Its help for people in need or illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
2. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
3. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
4. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
5. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
2. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
3. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
4. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
5. Give a brief statement of Einstein's definition of religion and science.
6. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
7. How does Einstein see Gandhi?
8. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
9. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
10. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)