|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will negotiate.
(b) China will attack Europe.
(c) Japan will attack those countries.
(d) Japan will yield.
2. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(b) As sacred.
(c) As impossible.
(d) As tainted.
3. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(b) Through laws in a world court.
(c) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(d) Through arbitration.
4. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
(b) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(c) Being to provencial.
(d) Seeking to overpopulate.
5. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To instill purpose in the students.
(b) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(c) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(d) To teach morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
2. What has science not done?
3. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Einstein's opinion about science, religion and conflict?
2. What is Einstein's view of the relationship between technology and employment?
3. What does Einstein say to the Progressive Education Association
4. Why did Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
5. What does Einstein say about the Jews who died in the Warsaw Ghetto battles?
6. What are volunteers doing in Israel during Einstein's time?
7. What supports a finite universe and who doubts that?
8. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
9. What is Einstein's opinion of what Zionism has done but what does he think is better?
10. What does Einstein say about scientist and religion?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)