|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Truth, industry and happiness.
(b) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(c) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(d) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
2. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(b) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(c) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(d) Americans live more for the future than the present.
3. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) Finger pointing.
(b) Protection for civilians.
(c) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
(d) A peaceful resolution.
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With skepticism.
(b) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(c) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(d) With an open mind.
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
(b) The common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
2. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
3. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
4. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
5. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about education specialization and what does he think students should learn?
2. What does Einstein talk about in The World as I See It?
3. What was Einstein reflecting on in the Message in the Time-Capsule?
4. Why does Einstein laud engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus?
5. What is the main theme in Paradise Lost by Einstein?
6. How does Einstein feel about America in his first trip there?
7. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
8. How does Einstein compare physicists to Alfred Nobel? What does he think they should do?
9. What does Einstein say about Marie Curie upon her death?
10. Give a brief statement of Einstein's definition of religion and science.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)