|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because that labor has no last value.
(b) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(c) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(d) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Restricting voting rights.
(b) Passing unenforceable laws.
(c) Giving the vote to women.
(d) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
3. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) Protection for civilians.
(b) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
(c) A peaceful resolution.
(d) Finger pointing.
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
(a) A defensive weapon that would render fusion or fission impossible.
(b) Instilling an abhorrence of war in humankind.
(c) A strong "supranational" organization,
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
3. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
4. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
5. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Einstein think of the policy of security through superior military power and what does he say this policy has done?
2. What does Einstein say scientists and engineers should do in relationship to war?
3. How does Einstein feel about the League of Nations and aggressors? What does he say about the fate of the world?
4. What's the main idea behind "Freedom?"
5. What was the name of the two writings by Einstein that spoke of his trip to America?
6. For what reason does Einstein want to mobilize religious organizations?
7. Give a brief statement of Einstein's definition of religion and science.
8. How does Einstein view the state's function and what does he define as a state slave?
9. How does Einstein feel about America's isolationist policy and America's role in Europe?
10. How does Einstein feel about sharing his views?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)