|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
(a) For Jews to have their own state and government within many countries.
(b) For Jews to reassimilate peacefully into their homelands.
(c) For Jews to be willing to live under Arab rule.
(d) For Jews and Arabs to live together peacefully.
2. For what has Einstein worked his entire life?
(a) Liberty and truth.
(b) Justice and liberty.
(c) Truth and fairness.
(d) Justice and acceptance.
3. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
(a) The idea of charged ions creating force fields.
(b) The idea of a force needed to overcome inertia.
(c) The concept of mass.
(d) The idea that gravity is responding to invisible ley lines.
4. What is the "ether" idea invented by earlier scientists?
(a) A means of putting electrons into a suspended state.
(b) The matter in which electrical current shocks someone.
(c) A way to slow down the movement of electrons rotating around the nucleas.
(d) A medium pervading space as a vehicle for electromagnetic and light phenomena..
5. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
(a) He was often subject to unwarrented interrogations.
(b) He was often subject to physical abuse.
(c) He was treated well.
(d) He was treated poorly.
6. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
(a) It is unreasonable.
(b) He has earned his pay and retirement.
(c) It is counter to what he has worked for his whole life.
(d) The notes came from his own mind and no one else's.
7. With what is this section primarily concerned?
(a) Why Jewish people are model citizens.
(b) Why Jewish people tend to be good scientists.
(c) Einstein's scientific theories.
(d) How science and religion can co-exist.
8. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
(a) A two-story building.
(b) A question and answer format.
(c) A circle.
(d) A helix.
9. Why does Einstein think the protest will do better without his participation?
(a) The Germans will not be hostile towards Einstein as a result.
(b) The Germans will not think he incited them.
(c) It will have a greater air of impartiality.
(d) It will be attended by more people.
10. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
(a) The United States opening their borders to Jewish emmigrants.
(b) The Jewish Ghettos.
(d) The hope of a future.
11. What is one requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(a) Military might.
(d) Military disarmament.
12. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) Edison's definition of ohms.
(b) The Planck theory.
(c) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
(d) Tesla's theory of voltage.
13. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
(b) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(c) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
(d) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
14. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(b) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(c) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(d) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
15. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
(a) That it is one small step towards integration with the Arabs to share the land.
(b) That it is an evil tyranny that is as bad as the situation the Jews left.
(c) That it must be not a political movement but a realization of the social ideal of the Bible.
(d) That its vision is dubious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
2. What does Inertia cause?
3. For what must general laws be valid?
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
5. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)