|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who "frees" space from rigidity?
2. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) The ghetto.
(b) A strong family life.
(c) A good education.
(d) Understanding of the Talmud.
3. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
(a) Other events past the event horizon.
(b) The content of another dimension.
(c) Other events prior to the event horizon.
(d) Sensible experience.
4. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
(a) That there is no truth.
(b) A lesser truth.
(c) Nothing clear.
(d) A higher truth.
5. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
(a) He was often subject to unwarrented interrogations.
(b) He was often subject to physical abuse.
(c) He was treated poorly.
(d) He was treated well.
6. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
(a) The hope of a future.
(b) The United States opening their borders to Jewish emmigrants.
(d) The Jewish Ghettos.
7. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
(a) That understanding must be offered those who attacked the Warsaw Ghetto.
(b) That heroes are the most unlikely people.
(c) To laud those who fought in the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto.
(d) That forgiveness must be offered those who attacked the Warsaw Ghetto.
8. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) He does from an early age.
(b) After attending Jewish seminary.
(c) He never really does.
(d) After going to Germany.
9. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
(b) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
(c) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(d) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
10. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
(a) A two-story building.
(b) A circle.
(c) A helix.
(d) A question and answer format.
11. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
(a) That it must be not a political movement but a realization of the social ideal of the Bible.
(b) That it is an evil tyranny that is as bad as the situation the Jews left.
(c) That its vision is dubious.
(d) That it is one small step towards integration with the Arabs to share the land.
12. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
(a) Be patient.
(b) Enoble the human race.
(c) Be diligent.
(d) Be just.
13. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
(a) They demonstrate the idea that attacking any Jew is at one's own peril.
(b) They show that Jewish people will fight.
(c) They demonstrate the extreme situation and it will help other nations open their borders to the Jews.
(d) They are strengthening the bonds among Jews of all nations.
14. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(a) Justice for those who are oppressed.
(b) Intolerance for others who do not adhere to Jewish ideals.
(c) The pursuit of happiness ideal.
15. What is the third requirement for living in a country?
(a) Simple social structure.
(b) Cooperative people.
(d) Equality under the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" how many Jews are there?
2. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
3. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
4. What does Anti-Semitism means?
5. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)