|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
(a) It is a relatively new theory that has only come into existence since the last expansion of the Universe.
(b) It is non-revolutionary and non-speculative.
(c) It holds the key to understanding who God is.
(d) Until absolutely proven, it is all speculation.
2. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(c) Strong and unwavering.
3. With what is this section primarily concerned?
(a) Einstein's scientific theories.
(b) Why Jewish people tend to be good scientists.
(c) How science and religion can co-exist.
(d) Why Jewish people are model citizens.
4. What new physical reality does Faraday introduce?
(a) The rotuse.
(b) The field.
(c) The 5th dimension.
(d) The reality of spirit.
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
(a) 2.3 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) Less than one percent.
(d) 4 percent.
6. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
(a) It is counter to what he has worked for his whole life.
(b) The notes came from his own mind and no one else's.
(c) He has earned his pay and retirement.
(d) It is unreasonable.
7. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(b) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(c) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
(d) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
8. Where is the "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" being held?
9. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" how many Jews are there?
(a) 16 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 5 million.
10. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(b) Intolerance for others who do not adhere to Jewish ideals.
(c) Justice for those who are oppressed.
(d) The pursuit of happiness ideal.
11. What does Inertia cause?
(a) Circulation to be greatest just beyond the place of greatest curvature.
(c) A tendency to move faster once propeled.
(d) A slow-down in electron movement the closer one is to the gravitation pull of the sun.
12. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) He never really does.
(b) After attending Jewish seminary.
(c) He does from an early age.
(d) After going to Germany.
13. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
(a) Nothing clear.
(b) A lesser truth.
(c) A higher truth.
(d) That there is no truth.
14. What is the third requirement for living in a country?
(a) Equality under the law.
(c) Cooperative people.
(d) Simple social structure.
15. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
(a) Gain revenge on those who have murdered them.
(b) Gain self respect.
(c) Learn to accept differences among those already in Palestine.
(d) Treat the Arabs as equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
2. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
3. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
4. Who "frees" space from rigidity?
5. Why does Einstein think the protest will do better without his participation?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)