|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be a touchstone for a future theoretical basis?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) Theory of relativity.
(c) Newtonian theory of gravity.
(d) Theory of mass and energy.
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Being to provencial.
(b) Seeking to overpopulate.
(c) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
(d) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
3. What does Infinite space mean?
(a) That any number of bodies of equal size can be laid side-by-side without ever filling it.
(b) That there is no finte end to the boundaries of the Universe.
(c) That eternity and inifinite space are identical.
(d) That space is occupied by an infinite number of atoms.
4. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
(a) They are strengthening the bonds among Jews of all nations.
(b) They demonstrate the idea that attacking any Jew is at one's own peril.
(c) They demonstrate the extreme situation and it will help other nations open their borders to the Jews.
(d) They show that Jewish people will fight.
5. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That education is worthless without morality.
(b) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(c) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(d) That progress without intention is disasterous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
2. Security through superior military power is what?
3. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
4. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
5. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)