|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(b) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(c) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(d) Because that labor has no last value.
2. What two independent and "unfusable" systems develop around the turn of the 20th century?
(a) Bohr's model and quatum theory.
(b) The theory of relativity and Adiabatic process.
(c) Bernoulli's theorem and theory of relativity.
(d) The theory of relativity and the quantum theory.
3. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to think independently.
(b) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(c) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(d) The ability to understand without criticizing.
4. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(a) Religious imperatives.
(b) The global market.
(c) Waning resources.
5. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(b) Its members are facists at best.
(c) It is full of hot air.
(d) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has freed humans from the burden of physical toil?
2. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
3. What frees physics from nineteenth-century false hopes for "induction"?
4. What are not descriptions of what is happening in time and space?
5. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)