|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has science not done?
(a) Freed people from superstition.
(b) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(c) Freed people from religious heresy.
(d) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
2. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
(a) The content of another dimension.
(b) Other events past the event horizon.
(c) Other events prior to the event horizon.
(d) Sensible experience.
3. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
(a) The idea that gravity is responding to invisible ley lines.
(b) The idea of a force needed to overcome inertia.
(c) The concept of mass.
(d) The idea of charged ions creating force fields.
4. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
(b) Through forced military service.
(c) Through economic deprivation.
(d) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
5. What is Einstein's response to the demands of the academies?
(a) That his research notes are his own.
(b) That he will work for any country he desires.
(d) To sue them for his pay and benefits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say the German people used to believe?
2. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
3. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
4. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
5. What is an attempt to make the chaotic diversity of human "sense-experience" correspond to a logically uniform system of thought?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)