|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
(b) As infantile in its political acumen.
(c) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(d) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
2. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
(b) The hope of a future.
(c) The United States opening their borders to Jewish emmigrants.
(d) The Jewish Ghettos.
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(c) The lack of a savings plan.
(d) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
4. What is the "ether" idea invented by earlier scientists?
(a) A medium pervading space as a vehicle for electromagnetic and light phenomena..
(b) A means of putting electrons into a suspended state.
(c) The matter in which electrical current shocks someone.
(d) A way to slow down the movement of electrons rotating around the nucleas.
5. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
2. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
3. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
4. What are not descriptions of what is happening in time and space?
5. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)