|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Those who would go to war.
(b) Elderly politicians.
(c) Unhappy youth.
(d) Happy youth.
2. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(a) E. J. Gumbel.
3. Of what is Einstein accused by several scientific communities?
(a) Heretical theses.
(d) Atrocity mongering.
4. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(d) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
5. What do physicists resign themselves to accepting new field concepts as?
(a) Irreducible fundamentals.
(b) False arguments for interrelated theories of creation.
(c) Lost hope for a quick proof of the expansion theory.
(d) A muddying of the almost-clear waters of quantum physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does the theory of relativity arise?
2. What does Einstein believe physics will discover?
3. Neither intelligence nor institutions can substitute for what?
4. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)