|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(b) Its members are facists at best.
(c) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
(d) It is full of hot air.
2. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" how many Jews are there?
(a) 16 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 5 million.
3. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(b) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(c) Freed people from superstition.
(d) Freed people from religious heresy.
4. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through laws in a world court.
(b) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(c) Through arbitration.
(d) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
5. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
(a) They show that Jewish people will fight.
(b) They demonstrate the extreme situation and it will help other nations open their borders to the Jews.
(c) They demonstrate the idea that attacking any Jew is at one's own peril.
(d) They are strengthening the bonds among Jews of all nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What correspondence does Einstein present in this part?
2. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
3. What will be a touchstone for a future theoretical basis?
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)