|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(b) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
(c) In order to evolve.
(d) Because they are superior to animals.
2. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
(a) Until absolutely proven, it is all speculation.
(b) It is a relatively new theory that has only come into existence since the last expansion of the Universe.
(c) It is non-revolutionary and non-speculative.
(d) It holds the key to understanding who God is.
3. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
(a) Not be isolationist.
(b) To work diligently even if its on a very small discovery.
(c) To work alone and not waste the time of geniuses.
(d) To help those scientist on the edge of big break throughs.
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It freezes human relations.
(b) It promotes human relations.
(c) It retards human relations.
(d) It accelerates human relations.
5. When and where does Einstein's formula for the theory of relativity appear?
(a) In Science Illustrated in 1919.
(b) In Science Illustrated in 1936
(c) In Scientific American in 1940.
(d) In Science Illustrated in 1946.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" being held?
2. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
3. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
4. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
5. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)