|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(b) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(c) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(d) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) A consensus is reached.
(b) A new field of science is born.
(c) Conflicts arise.
(d) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
3. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
(b) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
(c) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
(d) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
4. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through laws in a world court.
(b) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(c) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(d) Through arbitration.
5. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
(a) A question and answer format.
(b) A two-story building.
(c) A circle.
(d) A helix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
2. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
3. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
4. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
5. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)