|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His method of non-cooperation.
(b) The way he treated his wife.
(c) His vegetarian diet.
(d) His intellect.
2. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(b) Economic pressures.
(c) Political pressure.
(d) The desire for knowledge.
3. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
(a) The use of manual labor when machines are available.
(b) The unlimited freedom of the labor market's extraordinary progress in methods of production.
(c) The overproduction of goods.
(d) The use of machines that eliminates so many jobs.
4. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
5. What should history do?
(a) Be forgotten.
(b) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(c) Influence the future.
(d) Teach the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
3. From what does the theory of relativity arise?
4. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)