|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be a touchstone for a future theoretical basis?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
(b) Theory of mass and energy.
(c) Newtonian theory of gravity.
(d) Theory of relativity.
2. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
(a) That it is one small step towards integration with the Arabs to share the land.
(b) That it is an evil tyranny that is as bad as the situation the Jews left.
(c) That it must be not a political movement but a realization of the social ideal of the Bible.
(d) That its vision is dubious.
3. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
(a) He has earned his pay and retirement.
(b) The notes came from his own mind and no one else's.
(c) It is unreasonable.
(d) It is counter to what he has worked for his whole life.
4. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
(a) They demonstrate the idea that attacking any Jew is at one's own peril.
(b) They demonstrate the extreme situation and it will help other nations open their borders to the Jews.
(c) They show that Jewish people will fight.
(d) They are strengthening the bonds among Jews of all nations.
5. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
(a) His system of dream interpretation.
(b) His desire to share openly.
(c) His ability to arbitrate for peace.
(d) Freud's binding in the psyche of combative/destructive instincts with those of love and life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the starting point for the concept of space?
2. What two independent and "unfusable" systems develop around the turn of the 20th century?
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
4. How are Americans foolish?
5. With what is Judaism concerned?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)