|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
(a) Other events past the event horizon.
(b) The content of another dimension.
(c) Sensible experience.
(d) Other events prior to the event horizon.
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The church.
(b) The educational system.
(c) The government.
(d) The press.
3. What two independent and "unfusable" systems develop around the turn of the 20th century?
(a) Bohr's model and quatum theory.
(b) The theory of relativity and Adiabatic process.
(c) The theory of relativity and the quantum theory.
(d) Bernoulli's theorem and theory of relativity.
4. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(b) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
(c) As infantile in its political acumen.
(d) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
5. In what is the law of motion for the masses implied?
(a) In the equations of gravitation.
(b) In string theory.
(c) In field theory.
(d) In the equations of mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essay opens Part 4?
2. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
3. What should history do?
4. What new physical reality does Faraday introduce?
5. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)