|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(b) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(c) That education is worthless without morality.
(d) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
2. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) He does from an early age.
(b) After going to Germany.
(c) After attending Jewish seminary.
(d) He never really does.
3. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
4. What does Anti-Semitism means?
(a) Prejudice towards Semite people.
(b) Being for disarmament.
(c) Prejudice towards Jewish People.
(d) Being against academic institutions.
5. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
(a) Because faith is counter to its precepts.
(b) Because it is a way of life.
(c) Because it demands no "faith"; just the sanctification of life.
(d) Because it acknowledges all paths lead to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what are inertia and weight both measured?
2. What has freed humans from the burden of physical toil?
3. Upon what do great men have little effect?
4. What is the result of the accusations by these scientific communities?
5. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)