|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Americans foolish?
(a) To believe Hitler's promises.
(b) To be unconcerned with the rest of the world.
(c) To participate in a war that is not of their making.
(d) To give false assurances to their allies.
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
(c) The common people.
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(d) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
4. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
(a) The United States.
(b) The arrogance of its leaders.
(c) The agressiveness of its policies.
(d) The indecisiveness of its leaders.
5. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
(a) The notes came from his own mind and no one else's.
(b) He has earned his pay and retirement.
(c) It is counter to what he has worked for his whole life.
(d) It is unreasonable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
2. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
3. What new physical reality does Faraday introduce?
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
5. With what is this section primarily concerned?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)