|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Produce truth.
(b) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(c) Initiate that action.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
2. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(c) Strong and unwavering.
3. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
(a) To work alone and not waste the time of geniuses.
(b) To help those scientist on the edge of big break throughs.
(c) To work diligently even if its on a very small discovery.
(d) Not be isolationist.
4. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(a) The global market.
(c) Waning resources.
(d) Religious imperatives.
5. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
(a) The notes came from his own mind and no one else's.
(b) It is unreasonable.
(c) He has earned his pay and retirement.
(d) It is counter to what he has worked for his whole life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
2. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
3. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
5. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)