|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(b) Intellectual vapidity.
2. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(a) The desire for knowledge.
(c) Political pressure.
(d) Economic pressures.
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As tainted.
(b) As impossible.
(c) As sacred.
(d) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
4. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
(a) The rationale for a theory of distance.
(b) A way of showing the exact place of any given atom at an exact moment.
(c) It can determine the mathematical probabilities of finding structures at a particular spot.
5. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The contemplation of infinity.
(c) The tenets of Christianity.
(d) The efforts towards understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Einstein accused by several scientific communities?
2. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
3. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
4. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)