|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(b) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(c) The lack of a savings plan.
(d) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
2. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
(a) Because faith is counter to its precepts.
(b) Because it acknowledges all paths lead to God.
(c) Because it demands no "faith"; just the sanctification of life.
(d) Because it is a way of life.
3. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
(b) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(c) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
(d) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
4. What does Infinite space mean?
(a) That there is no finte end to the boundaries of the Universe.
(b) That space is occupied by an infinite number of atoms.
(c) That any number of bodies of equal size can be laid side-by-side without ever filling it.
(d) That eternity and inifinite space are identical.
5. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(b) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(c) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(d) Americans have no sense of traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Einstein accused by several scientific communities?
2. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
3. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
4. What is the result of the accusations by these scientific communities?
5. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)