|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the the "Riemannian curvature" do?
(a) Links the theory with the facts of astronomy.
(b) Helps explain the shape of Earth and other planets.
(c) Shows how orbits are created.
(d) Defines the orbit of electrons.
2. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" how many Jews are there?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 16 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 5 million.
3. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
4. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
(b) Tesla's theory of voltage.
(c) Edison's definition of ohms.
(d) The Planck theory.
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(b) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(c) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(d) The ability to think independently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
2. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
3. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
5. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)