|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
(a) His ability to arbitrate for peace.
(b) His desire to share openly.
(c) Freud's binding in the psyche of combative/destructive instincts with those of love and life.
(d) His system of dream interpretation.
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(b) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(c) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(d) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
3. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
4. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
(a) As exceeding all expectations.
(b) As a dismal failure.
(c) As grueling and discouraging.
(d) As about what expected.
5. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(c) With the highest respect.
(d) As the lapdog of facism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
2. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
5. Security through superior military power is what?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)