|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
(a) As exceeding all expectations.
(b) As grueling and discouraging.
(c) As a dismal failure.
(d) As about what expected.
2. Upon what do great men have little effect?
(a) Religious persuasion.
(c) Political events.
(d) The life of the common person.
3. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
(a) That he gives them reserach he conducted for them.
(b) That he not work for any other country.
(c) That he says something good about the German people to the rest of the world.
(d) That he forfeits his pay and retirement.
4. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
(a) The relative positions of space.
(b) The way light moves in space.
(c) The way light moves through matter.
(d) The constant of the speed of light.
5. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As the lapdog of facism.
(b) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(c) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(d) With the highest respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
3. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
4. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
5. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)