|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
2. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
3. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When in an accepting community.
(c) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(d) When pursuing what interests them.
4. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to think independently.
(b) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(c) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(d) The ability to understand without criticizing.
5. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
(a) The indecisiveness of its leaders.
(b) The agressiveness of its policies.
(c) The United States.
(d) The arrogance of its leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is this section primarily concerned?
2. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
3. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
4. What should history do?
5. For what must general laws be valid?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)