|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(a) Social interaction.
2. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
(b) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(c) In order to evolve.
(d) Because they are superior to animals.
3. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
(a) That it is an evil tyranny that is as bad as the situation the Jews left.
(b) That its vision is dubious.
(c) That it is one small step towards integration with the Arabs to share the land.
(d) That it must be not a political movement but a realization of the social ideal of the Bible.
4. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
(a) The idea of ionic space.
(b) The theory of constants.
(c) The idea of non-space.
(d) The theroy of relativity.
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(b) The ability to think independently.
(c) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(d) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Judaism concerned?
2. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
3. Where is the "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" being held?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)