|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will negotiate.
(b) Japan will attack those countries.
(c) China will attack Europe.
(d) Japan will yield.
2. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
(b) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(c) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
(d) As infantile in its political acumen.
3. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(b) That the Jewish population is declining.
(c) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(d) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
4. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(b) Restricting voting rights.
(c) Passing unenforceable laws.
(d) Giving the vote to women.
5. What should history do?
(a) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(b) Influence the future.
(c) Be forgotten.
(d) Teach the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
2. How are Americans foolish?
3. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
4. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
5. With what is this section primarily concerned?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)