|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what has Einstein worked his entire life?
(a) Justice and liberty.
(b) Justice and acceptance.
(c) Liberty and truth.
(d) Truth and fairness.
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(b) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(c) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(d) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(b) To instill purpose in the students.
(c) To teach morals.
(d) To supervise activities rather than learning.
4. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Deliberate action.
(b) Assured knowledge.
(d) Absolute conviction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are elite volunteers doing?
2. With what is Judaism concerned?
3. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
4. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)