|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(a) Strong and unwavering.
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(b) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(c) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(d) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
3. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) The ability to understand basic causes.
(b) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(c) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(d) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(b) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(c) That he has no artistic talents.
(d) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) Less than one percent.
(c) 4 percent.
(d) 2.3 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
2. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
3. What is the third requirement for living in a country?
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
5. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)