|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "ether" idea invented by earlier scientists?
(a) The matter in which electrical current shocks someone.
(b) A medium pervading space as a vehicle for electromagnetic and light phenomena..
(c) A way to slow down the movement of electrons rotating around the nucleas.
(d) A means of putting electrons into a suspended state.
2. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(a) Visual art and music.
3. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The tenets of Christianity.
(b) The efforts of other men.
(c) The efforts towards understanding.
(d) The contemplation of infinity.
5. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
(a) Treat the Arabs as equals.
(b) Learn to accept differences among those already in Palestine.
(c) Gain revenge on those who have murdered them.
(d) Gain self respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
2. In what decade is Einstein writing his correspondence with the science academies?
3. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
4. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
5. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)