|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(b) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(c) That the Jewish population is declining.
(d) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
2. What is the starting point for the concept of space?
(a) The quark space.
(b) The alpha point.
(c) The omega point.
(d) The interval.
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) In order to evolve.
(b) Because they are superior to animals.
(c) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(d) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" how many Jews are there?
(a) 5 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 16 million.
5. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) J. Menniger.
(b) Mahatma Ghandi.
(c) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(d) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inertia cause?
2. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
3. With what is this section primarily concerned?
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)