|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The press.
(b) The government.
(c) The church.
(d) The educational system.
2. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(c) Because that labor has no last value.
(d) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
3. What does Einstein say the German people used to believe?
(a) That Europe was its friend.
(b) That the people held the power, not the leaders.
(c) That God was just and treated all humans equally.
(d) The same ideals Einstein has worked for his entire life.
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The contemplation of infinity.
(c) The efforts towards understanding.
(d) The tenets of Christianity.
5. What does the the "Riemannian curvature" do?
(a) Defines the orbit of electrons.
(b) Shows how orbits are created.
(c) Links the theory with the facts of astronomy.
(d) Helps explain the shape of Earth and other planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
3. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
4. When are people happiest?
5. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)