|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) Protection for civilians.
(b) Finger pointing.
(c) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
(d) A peaceful resolution.
2. What happens if there are no general laws?
(a) Epirical facts lack value.
(b) The masses will not understand the specifics.
(c) The deductions are useless.
(d) Specifics are inaccurate.
3. What correspondence does Einstein present in this part?
(a) Between him and the president of the United States.
(b) Between him and his wife.
(c) Between him and his mentor.
(d) Between him and Prussian and Bavarian academies of science .
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The tenets of Christianity.
(b) The efforts of other men.
(c) The contemplation of infinity.
(d) The efforts towards understanding.
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to think independently.
(b) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(c) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(d) The ability to understand without criticizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
2. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
3. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
5. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)