|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Infinite space mean?
(a) That there is no finte end to the boundaries of the Universe.
(b) That space is occupied by an infinite number of atoms.
(c) That any number of bodies of equal size can be laid side-by-side without ever filling it.
(d) That eternity and inifinite space are identical.
2. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
(a) As the ideals to which all humanity must strive.
(b) The ideals of a benevolent sovereign nation.
(c) To human beings in their most perfected state.
(d) As the essential character of Jews as a group.
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) By diligent striving.
(b) Through participation in the human community.
(c) By clear thinking.
(d) By having good genes.
4. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) As infantile in its political acumen.
(b) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
(c) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(d) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
5. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
(a) The idea of ionic space.
(b) The idea of non-space.
(c) The theroy of relativity.
(d) The theory of constants.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does a fable about a shepherd boy, a horse, and a stag relate?
2. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
3. When are people happiest?
4. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)