|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Stanford.
(b) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
(c) At Harvard School Physics.
(d) At MIT.
2. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its structure.
(b) Its rigidity.
(c) Its adherence to tradition.
(d) Its help for people in need or illness.
3. When are people happiest?
(a) When pursuing what interests them.
(b) When in an accepting community.
(c) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(d) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
4. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) Tesla's theory of voltage.
(b) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
(c) The Planck theory.
(d) Edison's definition of ohms.
5. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage true thought.
(b) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(c) It will discourage others to excel.
(d) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
2. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
3. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
5. In what decade does Einstein write "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)