|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
(a) Because mathematics is pure logic.
(b) Because mathematics is the only true art.
(c) Because he is in the final analysis a mathematician.
(d) Because its propositions are beyond debate and not steadily evolving.
2. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
(b) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
(c) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(d) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
3. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) A consensus is reached.
(b) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(c) A new field of science is born.
(d) Conflicts arise.
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It accelerates human relations.
(b) It freezes human relations.
(c) It retards human relations.
(d) It promotes human relations.
5. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(b) That he has no artistic talents.
(c) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(d) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
2. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
3. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
4. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
5. What happens if there are no general laws?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)