|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(b) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(c) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(d) That education is worthless without morality.
2. With what is this section primarily concerned?
(a) Einstein's scientific theories.
(b) Why Jewish people tend to be good scientists.
(c) How science and religion can co-exist.
(d) Why Jewish people are model citizens.
3. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
(a) Fields and quarks.
(c) Quarks and waves.
(d) Waves and fields.
4. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(b) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(c) Freed people from superstition.
(d) Freed people from religious heresy.
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The lack of a savings plan.
(b) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(c) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(d) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
2. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
3. What makes life easier but also brings economic dangers that planning must address?
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
5. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)