|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Produce truth.
(b) Initiate that action.
(c) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
2. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Mother Theresa.
(b) Samantha Carter.
(c) Golda Meir.
(d) Marie Curie.
3. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Happy youth.
(b) Those who would go to war.
(c) Unhappy youth.
(d) Elderly politicians.
4. Neither intelligence nor institutions can substitute for what?
(a) A new homeland for the Jews.
(b) Military aid to save the Jews.
(c) A life that is safe.
(d) Understanding, justice, and willingness to help others.
5. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(c) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(d) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
2. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
3. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. How are Americans foolish?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)