|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what do great men have little effect?
(b) Political events.
(c) The life of the common person.
(d) Religious persuasion.
2. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(b) Belief in God.
(d) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
3. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(b) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(c) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
(d) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
4. What should history do?
(a) Be forgotten.
(b) Influence the future.
(c) Teach the future.
(d) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
5. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(b) Produce truth.
(c) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(d) Initiate that action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say the German people used to believe?
2. To whom do the scientific academies declare their loyalties?
3. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
5. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)