|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Unhappy youth.
(b) Happy youth.
(c) Those who would go to war.
(d) Elderly politicians.
2. What is the third requirement for living in a country?
(a) Equality under the law.
(c) Cooperative people.
(d) Simple social structure.
3. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(b) Strong and unwavering.
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That he has no artistic talents.
(b) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(c) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(d) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
5. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(b) Mahatma Ghandi.
(c) J. Menniger.
(d) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
3. How does a country enslave its citizens?
4. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
5. What has too much influence on public thought?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)