|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(c) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
2. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through forced military service.
(b) Through economic deprivation.
(c) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
(d) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
3. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) A consensus is reached.
(b) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(c) Conflicts arise.
(d) A new field of science is born.
4. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
(a) A group of people united by beliefs rather than genetics.
(b) A race whose behaviors are hereditary.
(c) A step forward in human evolution.
(d) The ideal to which other peoples should strive.
5. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
(a) The indecisiveness of its leaders.
(b) The United States.
(c) The agressiveness of its policies.
(d) The arrogance of its leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
2. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
3. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
4. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)