|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
(a) That they are fooling not only themselves but the public.
(b) That they cannot be trusted.
(c) That they are religious, but not religiously naïve.
(d) That they hold knowledge to a higher standard of verification than is necessary.
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) China will attack Europe.
(b) Japan will yield.
(c) Japan will attack those countries.
(d) Japan will negotiate.
3. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
(a) Instilling an abhorrence of war in humankind.
(c) A strong "supranational" organization,
(d) A defensive weapon that would render fusion or fission impossible.
4. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
(a) They demonstrate the idea that attacking any Jew is at one's own peril.
(b) They are strengthening the bonds among Jews of all nations.
(c) They show that Jewish people will fight.
(d) They demonstrate the extreme situation and it will help other nations open their borders to the Jews.
5. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
(a) False pride.
(b) The armament industry.
(d) A lack of clear thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are people happiest?
2. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
3. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
4. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
5. Security through superior military power is what?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)