|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(c) As the lapdog of facism.
(d) With the highest respect.
2. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As sacred.
(b) As impossible.
(c) As tainted.
(d) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
3. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is visionary.
(b) It is illusionary.
(c) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(d) It is eternal.
4. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
(a) Be diligent.
(b) Be patient.
(c) Be just.
(d) Enoble the human race.
5. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(b) The high cost of labor.
(c) The value of the individual in the United States.
(d) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
2. What do the academies not regret?
3. What does Einstein say the German people used to believe?
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)