|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
2. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) In order to evolve.
(b) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
(c) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(d) Because they are superior to animals.
3. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(b) Freed people from religious heresy.
(c) Freed people from superstition.
(d) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
4. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(d) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
5. Where is the "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" being held?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anti-Semitism means?
2. Why does Einstein think the protest will do better without his participation?
3. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
4. In what decade does Einstein write "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
5. What are elite volunteers doing?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)