|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
(a) That he not work for any other country.
(b) That he forfeits his pay and retirement.
(c) That he gives them reserach he conducted for them.
(d) That he says something good about the German people to the rest of the world.
2. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive unemployment.
(b) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
(c) Massive religious unrest.
(d) An abandonment of religious principles.
3. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
(a) Fifty thousand conscientious objectors.
(b) All women asking their husbands, brothers and father to choose not to fight.
(c) Einstein is not sure.
(d) All the world leaders being "conscientious objectors."
4. What should history do?
(a) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(b) Teach the future.
(c) Influence the future.
(d) Be forgotten.
5. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
2. What does Anti-Semitism means?
3. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)