|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the scientific academies declare their loyalties?
(a) The State.
(b) The truth.
(c) Impartial research.
(d) Scientific principles.
2. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(b) Democratic monarchy.
3. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
(a) They are strengthening the bonds among Jews of all nations.
(b) They demonstrate the extreme situation and it will help other nations open their borders to the Jews.
(c) They show that Jewish people will fight.
(d) They demonstrate the idea that attacking any Jew is at one's own peril.
4. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage others to excel.
(b) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(c) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(d) It will discourage true thought.
5. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
(a) A lack of clear thinking.
(b) False pride.
(c) The armament industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Jews from giving blind obeisance to any moral authority?
2. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
3. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
5. With what is Judaism concerned?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)