|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the scientific academies declare their loyalties?
(a) Impartial research.
(b) The State.
(c) Scientific principles.
(d) The truth.
2. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) As the lapdog of facism.
(c) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(d) With the highest respect.
3. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(b) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
(c) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(d) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
4. Neither intelligence nor institutions can substitute for what?
(a) A new homeland for the Jews.
(b) Understanding, justice, and willingness to help others.
(c) A life that is safe.
(d) Military aid to save the Jews.
5. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) The ability to understand basic causes.
(b) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(c) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(d) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
2. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
3. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
4. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
5. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)