|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(c) The lack of a savings plan.
(d) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
2. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(b) Freed people from religious heresy.
(c) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(d) Freed people from superstition.
3. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) Protection for civilians.
(b) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
(c) Finger pointing.
(d) A peaceful resolution.
4. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(b) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(c) To teach morals.
(d) To instill purpose in the students.
5. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A strong family life.
(b) The ghetto.
(c) Understanding of the Talmud.
(d) A good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
2. How does a country enslave its citizens?
3. With what does religion deal?
4. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
5. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)