|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
(a) As the ideals to which all humanity must strive.
(b) The ideals of a benevolent sovereign nation.
(c) As the essential character of Jews as a group.
(d) To human beings in their most perfected state.
2. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) That the Jewish population is declining.
(b) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
(c) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(d) The rate of newly-made refugees.
3. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) The ability to understand basic causes.
(b) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(c) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(d) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
4. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive unemployment.
(b) An abandonment of religious principles.
(c) Massive religious unrest.
(d) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
5. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(b) Myopic and snobbish.
(d) Mentally frail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
2. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
4. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
5. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)