|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The church.
(b) The government.
(c) The press.
(d) The educational system.
2. Of what is Einstein accused by several scientific communities?
(a) Atrocity mongering.
(d) Heretical theses.
3. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will yield.
(b) Japan will negotiate.
(c) Japan will attack those countries.
(d) China will attack Europe.
4. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(b) In order to evolve.
(c) Because they are superior to animals.
(d) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
5. What is the main theme of "To the Heroes of the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto"?
(a) That understanding must be offered those who attacked the Warsaw Ghetto.
(b) That heroes are the most unlikely people.
(c) That forgiveness must be offered those who attacked the Warsaw Ghetto.
(d) To laud those who fought in the Battle of the Warsaw Ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade does Einstein write "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
2. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
3. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
4. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)