|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
(a) Gain self respect.
(b) Learn to accept differences among those already in Palestine.
(c) Gain revenge on those who have murdered them.
(d) Treat the Arabs as equals.
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(b) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(c) The ability to think independently.
(d) The ability to understand without criticizing.
3. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(b) That he has no artistic talents.
(c) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(d) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
4. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(d) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
5. Where is the "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" being held?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
2. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
3. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. What has science not done?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)