|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A good education.
(b) The ghetto.
(c) A strong family life.
(d) Understanding of the Talmud.
2. When are people happiest?
(a) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(b) When in an accepting community.
(c) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(d) When pursuing what interests them.
3. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
(a) To help those scientist on the edge of big break throughs.
(b) Not be isolationist.
(c) To work alone and not waste the time of geniuses.
(d) To work diligently even if its on a very small discovery.
4. Upon what do great men have little effect?
(a) Religious persuasion.
(c) Political events.
(d) The life of the common person.
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(b) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(c) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(d) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Einstein's response to the demands of the academies?
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
3. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
4. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
5. What prevents Jews from giving blind obeisance to any moral authority?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)