|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To teach morals.
(b) To instill purpose in the students.
(c) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(d) To supervise activities rather than learning.
2. With what does religion deal?
(a) The truthof scientific theories.
(b) The need for progress.
(c) The morality of science.
(d) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
3. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
4. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(a) Myopic and snobbish.
(d) Mentally frail.
5. What prevents Jews from giving blind obeisance to any moral authority?
(a) A strong critical spirit.
(b) The commands of the Torah.
(c) The value Jews place on individualism.
(d) The education of their people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
2. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. What does Anti-Semitism means?
5. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)