|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(b) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(c) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(d) Truth, industry and happiness.
2. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(c) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(d) The lack of a savings plan.
3. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Samantha Carter.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Golda Meir.
(d) Mother Theresa.
4. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
(b) Through economic deprivation.
(c) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
(d) Through forced military service.
5. What should history do?
(a) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(b) Influence the future.
(c) Be forgotten.
(d) Teach the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are people happiest?
2. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
3. In what decade does Einstein write "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
4. With what is Judaism concerned?
5. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)