|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(b) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(c) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(d) That he has no artistic talents.
2. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That education is worthless without morality.
(b) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(c) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(d) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
3. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With skepticism.
(b) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(c) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(d) With an open mind.
4. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His method of non-cooperation.
(b) His vegetarian diet.
(c) The way he treated his wife.
(d) His intellect.
5. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The educational system.
(b) The church.
(c) The press.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the intellectual élite lack?
2. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
3. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
5. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)