|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(b) Passing unenforceable laws.
(c) Restricting voting rights.
(d) Giving the vote to women.
2. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
(a) To work diligently even if its on a very small discovery.
(b) Not be isolationist.
(c) To help those scientist on the edge of big break throughs.
(d) To work alone and not waste the time of geniuses.
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With much sceptism.
(b) With condescension.
(c) With contempt.
4. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(c) Mentally frail.
(d) Myopic and snobbish.
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(b) Frederick Grover.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Paul Dirac.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
2. What has science not done?
3. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
4. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
5. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)