|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should history do?
(a) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(b) Be forgotten.
(c) Influence the future.
(d) Teach the future.
2. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It freezes human relations.
(b) It accelerates human relations.
(c) It retards human relations.
(d) It promotes human relations.
3. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) Its members are facists at best.
(b) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(c) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
(d) It is full of hot air.
4. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(b) Through laws in a world court.
(c) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(d) Through arbitration.
5. How are Americans foolish?
(a) To give false assurances to their allies.
(b) To participate in a war that is not of their making.
(c) To believe Hitler's promises.
(d) To be unconcerned with the rest of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
2. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
4. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
5. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)