|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is eternal.
(b) It is visionary.
(c) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(d) It is illusionary.
2. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(b) E. J. Gumbel.
3. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(b) Religious imperatives.
(c) The global market.
(d) Waning resources.
4. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With condescension.
(b) With much sceptism.
(d) With contempt.
5. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Truth, industry and happiness.
(b) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(c) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(d) Kindness, beauty and truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
3. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
4. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
5. What should history do?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)