|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Initiate that action.
2. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
3. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(b) Because that labor has no last value.
(c) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(d) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
4. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(b) With condescension.
(c) With much sceptism.
(d) With contempt.
5. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(b) The high cost of labor.
(c) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(d) The value of the individual in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
2. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
3. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
4. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)