|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
2. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
(a) That they cannot be trusted.
(b) That they hold knowledge to a higher standard of verification than is necessary.
(c) That they are religious, but not religiously naïve.
(d) That they are fooling not only themselves but the public.
3. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(c) Social interaction.
4. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(b) Religious imperatives.
(c) The global market.
(d) Waning resources.
5. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(b) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(c) That he has no artistic talents.
(d) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
2. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
3. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
4. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
5. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)