|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Freedom, religion, and education.
(b) Freedom, love, government.
(c) Government, education and religion.
(d) Science, religion, and relationships.
2. What has science not done?
(a) Freed people from superstition.
(b) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(c) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(d) Freed people from religious heresy.
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The government.
(b) The press.
(c) The church.
(d) The educational system.
4. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(a) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
(b) Belief in God.
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(b) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(c) The ability to think independently.
(d) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
4. When are people happiest?
5. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)