|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(c) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(d) Europeans value family more than Americans.
2. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
3. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
(a) The indecisiveness of its leaders.
(b) The arrogance of its leaders.
(c) The United States.
(d) The agressiveness of its policies.
4. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Initiate that action.
(b) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
5. What makes life easier but also brings economic dangers that planning must address?
(a) Mass production.
(b) Labor unions.
(c) Labor laws.
(d) Science and technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
3. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
4. What should history do?
5. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)