|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does religion deal?
(a) The need for progress.
(b) The morality of science.
(c) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
(d) The truthof scientific theories.
2. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage others to excel.
(b) It will discourage true thought.
(c) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(d) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
3. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
(a) Not be isolationist.
(b) To work diligently even if its on a very small discovery.
(c) To work alone and not waste the time of geniuses.
(d) To help those scientist on the edge of big break throughs.
4. How are Americans foolish?
(a) To give false assurances to their allies.
(b) To participate in a war that is not of their making.
(c) To believe Hitler's promises.
(d) To be unconcerned with the rest of the world.
5. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is illusionary.
(b) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(c) It is visionary.
(d) It is eternal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a country enslave its citizens?
2. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
3. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
5. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)