|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) Conflicts arise.
(b) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(c) A consensus is reached.
(d) A new field of science is born.
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
(d) The common people.
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) Because they are superior to animals.
(b) In order to evolve.
(c) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(d) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
4. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) A peaceful resolution.
(b) Protection for civilians.
(c) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
(d) Finger pointing.
5. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(b) E. J. Gumbel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
2. How are Americans foolish?
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
4. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
5. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)