|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) Through participation in the human community.
(b) By clear thinking.
(c) By diligent striving.
(d) By having good genes.
2. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
(a) The Pope.
3. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(b) It is full of hot air.
(c) Its members are facists at best.
(d) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
4. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(a) Visual art and music.
5. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(b) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(c) Freed people from religious heresy.
(d) Freed people from superstition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
2. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
3. With what does religion deal?
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
5. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)