|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) Its members are facists at best.
(b) It is full of hot air.
(c) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(d) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
2. With what does religion deal?
(a) The truthof scientific theories.
(b) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
(c) The need for progress.
(d) The morality of science.
3. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Harvard School Physics.
(b) At MIT.
(c) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
(d) At Stanford.
4. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Produce truth.
(b) Initiate that action.
(c) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(d) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
5. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is visionary.
(b) It is eternal.
(c) It is illusionary.
(d) Each person has to choose his own rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. What do the intellectual élite lack?
3. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)