|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through laws in a world court.
(b) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(c) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(d) Through arbitration.
2. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(b) Freed people from religious heresy.
(c) Freed people from superstition.
(d) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
3. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At MIT.
(b) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
(c) At Stanford.
(d) At Harvard School Physics.
4. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(b) The global market.
(c) Religious imperatives.
(d) Waning resources.
5. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) China will attack Europe.
(b) Japan will negotiate.
(c) Japan will attack those countries.
(d) Japan will yield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a country enslave its citizens?
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
5. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)