|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
(a) His system of dream interpretation.
(b) Freud's binding in the psyche of combative/destructive instincts with those of love and life.
(c) His desire to share openly.
(d) His ability to arbitrate for peace.
2. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(a) Social interaction.
3. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(b) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(c) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(d) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
4. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Produce truth.
(c) Initiate that action.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
5. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Samantha Carter.
(b) Golda Meir.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Mother Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
2. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
3. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
4. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
5. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)