|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With contempt.
(c) With much sceptism.
(d) With condescension.
2. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As the lapdog of facism.
(b) With the highest respect.
(c) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(d) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
3. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
(a) His ability to arbitrate for peace.
(b) His system of dream interpretation.
(c) Freud's binding in the psyche of combative/destructive instincts with those of love and life.
(d) His desire to share openly.
4. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(b) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(c) The ability to think independently.
(d) The ability to understand without criticizing.
5. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Intensely focused.
(b) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(d) Full of change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
3. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
4. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
5. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)