|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(b) The value of the individual in the United States.
(c) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(d) The high cost of labor.
2. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(b) Social interaction.
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As impossible.
(b) As sacred.
(c) As tainted.
(d) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
4. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Universal domination and subjugation.
(b) Triumph of evil.
(c) Universal anarchy and terror.
(d) Capitulation of pacific nations.
5. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(c) Belief in God.
(d) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Americans foolish?
2. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
3. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
4. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
5. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)