|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) The way he treated his wife.
(b) His vegetarian diet.
(c) His intellect.
(d) His method of non-cooperation.
2. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That he has no artistic talents.
(b) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(c) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(d) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
3. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Triumph of evil.
(b) Universal anarchy and terror.
(c) Capitulation of pacific nations.
(d) Universal domination and subjugation.
4. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will negotiate.
(b) Japan will attack those countries.
(c) China will attack Europe.
(d) Japan will yield.
5. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
2. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
3. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
4. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
5. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)