|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(a) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
(d) Belief in God.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(b) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(c) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(b) Visual art and music.
4. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Frederick Grover.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
5. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(b) The global market.
(c) Waning resources.
(d) Religious imperatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
2. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
3. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
5. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)