|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As intellectually inferior.
(b) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
(c) As rejecting advances.
(d) As cyphers.
2. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
(b) Through forced military service.
(c) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
(d) Through economic deprivation.
3. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
(a) Because peace is unenforcable if some countries are still armed.
(b) Because someone will inevitably double cross the others.
(c) Because as long as war is possible, everyone wants to be in a position to win.
(d) Because those countries still armed will not do what they say once others disarm.
4. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(b) E. J. Gumbel.
5. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(b) Economic pressures.
(c) The desire for knowledge.
(d) Political pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should history do?
2. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
4. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)