|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is eternal.
(b) It is visionary.
(c) It is illusionary.
(d) Each person has to choose his own rights.
2. Security through superior military power is what?
(a) An illusion.
(b) Ultimately beneficial.
(c) A wise attempt.
(d) Useful to a certain point.
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(b) International politics.
(c) Research and development.
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) With the highest respect.
(c) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(d) As the lapdog of facism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
2. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
3. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
5. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)