|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Security through superior military power is what?
(a) Useful to a certain point.
(b) A wise attempt.
(c) Ultimately beneficial.
(d) An illusion.
2. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
3. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With skepticism.
(b) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(c) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(d) With an open mind.
4. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(b) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(c) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(d) Americans live more for the future than the present.
5. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(a) Intellectual vapidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
2. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
3. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
5. How are Americans foolish?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)