|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(a) Democratic monarchy.
2. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(b) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(c) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(d) Americans have no sense of traditions.
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
4. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As tainted.
(b) As impossible.
(c) As sacred.
(d) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
5. Security through superior military power is what?
(a) An illusion.
(b) A wise attempt.
(c) Useful to a certain point.
(d) Ultimately beneficial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
2. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
3. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
4. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
5. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)