|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive unemployment.
(b) Massive religious unrest.
(c) An abandonment of religious principles.
(d) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
2. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With much sceptism.
(c) With contempt.
(d) With condescension.
3. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(c) Social interaction.
4. How are Americans foolish?
(a) To be unconcerned with the rest of the world.
(b) To participate in a war that is not of their making.
(c) To give false assurances to their allies.
(d) To believe Hitler's promises.
5. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(b) That he has no artistic talents.
(c) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(d) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
2. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
3. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
5. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)