|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(b) Mentally frail.
(d) Myopic and snobbish.
2. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(c) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
(d) Belief in God.
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) International politics.
(b) Research and development.
4. How are Americans foolish?
(a) To be unconcerned with the rest of the world.
(b) To give false assurances to their allies.
(c) To believe Hitler's promises.
(d) To participate in a war that is not of their making.
5. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
2. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
3. For what do human beings have a thirst?
4. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
5. What makes life easier but also brings economic dangers that planning must address?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)