|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(b) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(c) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(d) Truth, industry and happiness.
2. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its structure.
(b) Its adherence to tradition.
(c) Its rigidity.
(d) Its help for people in need or illness.
3. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(c) Social interaction.
4. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will attack those countries.
(b) China will attack Europe.
(c) Japan will negotiate.
(d) Japan will yield.
5. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
(a) All women asking their husbands, brothers and father to choose not to fight.
(b) Fifty thousand conscientious objectors.
(c) All the world leaders being "conscientious objectors."
(d) Einstein is not sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
2. When are people happiest?
3. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)