|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(d) E. J. Gumbel.
2. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
3. Who has created the League of Nations?
(d) The common people.
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With an open mind.
(b) With skepticism.
(c) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(d) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
5. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(c) With the highest respect.
(d) As the lapdog of facism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
2. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
3. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)