|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Security through superior military power is what?
(a) An illusion.
(b) Ultimately beneficial.
(c) Useful to a certain point.
(d) A wise attempt.
2. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It freezes human relations.
(b) It retards human relations.
(c) It promotes human relations.
(d) It accelerates human relations.
3. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(b) J. Menniger.
(c) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(d) Mahatma Ghandi.
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(c) Research and development.
(d) International politics.
5. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
2. What has science not done?
3. When are people happiest?
4. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)