|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
2. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(b) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(c) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(d) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
3. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
(b) Through forced military service.
(c) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
(d) Through economic deprivation.
4. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(c) Democratic monarchy.
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(b) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(c) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(d) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
2. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
3. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
4. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
5. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)