|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
2. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive religious unrest.
(b) Massive unemployment.
(c) An abandonment of religious principles.
(d) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
3. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
(c) The Pope.
4. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) Its members are facists at best.
(b) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
(c) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(d) It is full of hot air.
5. With what does religion deal?
(a) The morality of science.
(b) The need for progress.
(c) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
(d) The truthof scientific theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
3. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
4. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
5. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)