|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(a) Waning resources.
(b) Religious imperatives.
(c) The global market.
2. What should history do?
(a) Be forgotten.
(b) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(c) Influence the future.
(d) Teach the future.
3. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) Finger pointing.
(b) A peaceful resolution.
(c) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
(d) Protection for civilians.
4. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is eternal.
(b) It is illusionary.
(c) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(d) It is visionary.
5. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
(a) To work alone and not waste the time of geniuses.
(b) Not be isolationist.
(c) To work diligently even if its on a very small discovery.
(d) To help those scientist on the edge of big break throughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
3. What do the intellectual élite lack?
4. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)