|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To instill purpose in the students.
(b) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(c) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(d) To teach morals.
2. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(b) Frederick Grover.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Paul Dirac.
3. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The contemplation of infinity.
(c) The tenets of Christianity.
(d) The efforts towards understanding.
4. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With condescension.
(b) With contempt.
(c) With much sceptism.
5. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) J. Menniger.
(b) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(c) Mahatma Ghandi.
(d) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
2. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
3. What do the intellectual élite lack?
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
5. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)