|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) By having good genes.
(b) By clear thinking.
(c) Through participation in the human community.
(d) By diligent striving.
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Passing unenforceable laws.
(b) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(c) Restricting voting rights.
(d) Giving the vote to women.
3. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Initiate that action.
(b) Produce truth.
(c) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(d) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) Because that labor has no last value.
(c) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(d) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
5. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Stanford.
(b) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
(c) At Harvard School Physics.
(d) At MIT.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
4. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)