|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
(a) The indecisiveness of its leaders.
(b) The United States.
(c) The arrogance of its leaders.
(d) The agressiveness of its policies.
2. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(b) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(c) It will discourage true thought.
(d) It will discourage others to excel.
3. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(b) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(c) That he has no artistic talents.
(d) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
5. How are Americans foolish?
(a) To participate in a war that is not of their making.
(b) To believe Hitler's promises.
(c) To be unconcerned with the rest of the world.
(d) To give false assurances to their allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
2. Upon what do great men have little effect?
3. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
4. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
5. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)