|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes life easier but also brings economic dangers that planning must address?
(a) Labor unions.
(b) Science and technology.
(c) Labor laws.
(d) Mass production.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(c) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
3. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Stanford.
(b) At MIT.
(c) At Harvard School Physics.
(d) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(b) That he has no artistic talents.
(c) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(d) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
2. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
3. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
5. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)