|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Science, religion, and relationships.
(b) Freedom, love, government.
(c) Freedom, religion, and education.
(d) Government, education and religion.
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) Conflicts arise.
(b) A consensus is reached.
(c) A new field of science is born.
(d) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
3. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
4. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(b) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(c) To teach morals.
(d) To instill purpose in the students.
5. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Unhappy youth.
(b) Happy youth.
(c) Elderly politicians.
(d) Those who would go to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
3. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. What has science not done?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)