|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(b) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(c) To instill purpose in the students.
(d) To teach morals.
2. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(b) Intensely focused.
(d) Full of change.
3. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(a) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
(c) Belief in God.
4. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) It is full of hot air.
(b) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
(c) Its members are facists at best.
(d) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(a) Visual art and music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
2. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
5. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)