|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) Because they are superior to animals.
(b) In order to evolve.
(c) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(d) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
2. Upon what do great men have little effect?
(b) Political events.
(c) The life of the common person.
(d) Religious persuasion.
3. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
4. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With condescension.
(b) With contempt.
(c) With much sceptism.
5. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(a) The desire for knowledge.
(b) Economic pressures.
(d) Political pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
2. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
3. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
4. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)