|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) Its members are facists at best.
(b) It is full of hot air.
(c) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
(d) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
2. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
3. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(b) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(c) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(d) Americans live more for the future than the present.
4. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(b) Frederick Grover.
(c) Paul Dirac.
(d) Max Planck.
5. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It accelerates human relations.
(b) It promotes human relations.
(c) It retards human relations.
(d) It freezes human relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
2. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
3. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
4. Who has created the League of Nations?
5. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)