|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
3. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive unemployment.
(b) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
(c) Massive religious unrest.
(d) An abandonment of religious principles.
4. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through laws in a world court.
(b) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(c) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(d) Through arbitration.
5. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(b) It will discourage others to excel.
(c) It will discourage true thought.
(d) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
2. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
3. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
5. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)