|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(b) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(c) That education is worthless without morality.
(d) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
2. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
3. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(b) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(c) Truth, industry and happiness.
(d) Kindness, beauty and truth.
4. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(b) J. Menniger.
(c) Mahatma Ghandi.
(d) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
5. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(a) Economic pressures.
(b) The desire for knowledge.
(c) Political pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
2. When are people happiest?
3. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
4. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
5. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)