|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage others to excel.
(b) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(c) It will discourage true thought.
(d) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
2. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(a) Economic pressures.
(b) The desire for knowledge.
(c) Political pressure.
3. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will negotiate.
(b) China will attack Europe.
(c) Japan will yield.
(d) Japan will attack those countries.
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It retards human relations.
(b) It accelerates human relations.
(c) It freezes human relations.
(d) It promotes human relations.
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(d) Democratic monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
2. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
4. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
5. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)