|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Frederick Grover.
(b) Paul Dirac.
(c) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(d) Max Planck.
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The church.
(b) The government.
(c) The press.
(d) The educational system.
3. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
(a) A defensive weapon that would render fusion or fission impossible.
(c) Instilling an abhorrence of war in humankind.
(d) A strong "supranational" organization,
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That education is worthless without morality.
(b) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(c) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(d) That progress without intention is disasterous.
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) A new field of science is born.
(b) A consensus is reached.
(c) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(d) Conflicts arise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
4. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)