|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should history do?
(a) Teach the future.
(b) Influence the future.
(c) Be forgotten.
(d) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Truth, industry and happiness.
(b) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(c) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(d) Kindness, beauty and truth.
3. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His intellect.
(b) His method of non-cooperation.
(c) His vegetarian diet.
(d) The way he treated his wife.
4. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(b) It will discourage true thought.
(c) It will discourage others to excel.
(d) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(b) Conflicts arise.
(c) A consensus is reached.
(d) A new field of science is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
3. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
4. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
5. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)