|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(c) Because that labor has no last value.
(d) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Unhappy youth.
(b) Those who would go to war.
(c) Happy youth.
(d) Elderly politicians.
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The church.
(b) The government.
(c) The educational system.
(d) The press.
4. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) The way he treated his wife.
(b) His intellect.
(c) His method of non-cooperation.
(d) His vegetarian diet.
5. With what does religion deal?
(a) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
(b) The morality of science.
(c) The need for progress.
(d) The truthof scientific theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
2. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
4. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)