|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Freedom, love, government.
(b) Science, religion, and relationships.
(c) Freedom, religion, and education.
(d) Government, education and religion.
2. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That he has no artistic talents.
(b) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(c) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(d) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
3. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(b) J. Menniger.
(c) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(d) Mahatma Ghandi.
4. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
5. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Truth, industry and happiness.
(b) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(c) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(d) Kindness, beauty and truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should history do?
2. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)