|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As the lapdog of facism.
(b) With the highest respect.
(c) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(d) As a modern inquisitional institution.
2. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
3. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The contemplation of infinity.
(c) The efforts towards understanding.
(d) The tenets of Christianity.
4. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
5. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Passing unenforceable laws.
(b) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(c) Giving the vote to women.
(d) Restricting voting rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
2. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
3. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
4. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
5. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)