|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its structure.
(b) Its help for people in need or illness.
(c) Its adherence to tradition.
(d) Its rigidity.
2. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage others to excel.
(b) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(c) It will discourage true thought.
(d) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
(a) Instilling an abhorrence of war in humankind.
(b) A strong "supranational" organization,
(d) A defensive weapon that would render fusion or fission impossible.
5. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
2. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
4. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
5. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)