|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(c) Democratic monarchy.
2. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(b) With skepticism.
(c) With an open mind.
(d) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(b) Intensely focused.
(d) Full of change.
4. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage true thought.
(b) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(c) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(d) It will discourage others to excel.
5. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(b) Freed people from superstition.
(c) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(d) Freed people from religious heresy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
2. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
3. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)