|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(b) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(c) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(d) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
3. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Produce truth.
(b) Initiate that action.
(c) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
4. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Being to provencial.
(b) Seeking to overpopulate.
(c) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(d) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
5. When are people happiest?
(a) When in an accepting community.
(b) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(c) When pursuing what interests them.
(d) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
2. With what does religion deal?
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
4. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
5. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)