|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) By diligent striving.
(b) By clear thinking.
(c) By having good genes.
(d) Through participation in the human community.
2. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(c) Frederick Grover.
(d) Max Planck.
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(b) Full of change.
(c) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(d) Intensely focused.
4. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
(a) Determine absolute truth.
(b) Teach compassion.
(c) Determine the existence of God.
(d) Deduce the goal of human aspirations.
5. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(b) Intellectual vapidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
4. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
5. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)