|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(b) E. J. Gumbel.
2. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To teach morals.
(b) To instill purpose in the students.
(c) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(d) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
3. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Mother Theresa.
(b) Samantha Carter.
(c) Golda Meir.
(d) Marie Curie.
4. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
(a) Determine the existence of God.
(b) Deduce the goal of human aspirations.
(c) Teach compassion.
(d) Determine absolute truth.
5. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
2. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
4. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
5. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)