|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
3. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(b) Assured knowledge.
(c) Deliberate action.
(d) Absolute conviction.
4. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(a) E. J. Gumbel.
5. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because that labor has no last value.
(b) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(c) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(d) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
2. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
3. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
4. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
5. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)