|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The value of the individual in the United States.
(b) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(c) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(d) The high cost of labor.
2. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With much sceptism.
(b) With contempt.
(c) With condescension.
3. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(b) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(c) Mahatma Ghandi.
(d) J. Menniger.
4. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(b) Restricting voting rights.
(c) Passing unenforceable laws.
(d) Giving the vote to women.
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Max Planck.
(b) Frederick Grover.
(c) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(d) Paul Dirac.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
2. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
4. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
5. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)