|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(b) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(c) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(d) Americans are intellectually far superior.
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His vegetarian diet.
(b) His intellect.
(c) The way he treated his wife.
(d) His method of non-cooperation.
3. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(b) It will discourage true thought.
(c) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(d) It will discourage others to excel.
4. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(b) A consensus is reached.
(c) Conflicts arise.
(d) A new field of science is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
2. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
3. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)