|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Harvard School Physics.
(b) At Stanford.
(c) At MIT.
(d) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
2. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(b) Research and development.
(d) International politics.
3. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Assured knowledge.
(b) Absolute conviction.
(c) Deliberate action.
4. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Frederick Grover.
(c) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(d) Max Planck.
5. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) With the highest respect.
(c) As the lapdog of facism.
(d) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does religion deal?
2. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
3. Who has created the League of Nations?
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)