|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(b) With the highest respect.
(c) As the lapdog of facism.
(d) As a modern inquisitional institution.
2. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
3. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) Mother Theresa.
(c) Golda Meir.
(d) Samantha Carter.
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Assured knowledge.
(b) Deliberate action.
(c) Absolute conviction.
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
3. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
4. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
5. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)