|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(b) It is visionary.
(c) It is illusionary.
(d) It is eternal.
2. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The government.
(b) The church.
(c) The press.
(d) The educational system.
4. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As cyphers.
(b) As rejecting advances.
(c) As intellectually inferior.
(d) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(d) Democratic monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)