|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
2. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
3. What should history do?
(a) Be forgotten.
(b) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(c) Teach the future.
(d) Influence the future.
4. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
5. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Restricting voting rights.
(b) Passing unenforceable laws.
(c) Giving the vote to women.
(d) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are people happiest?
2. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
3. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
4. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
5. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)