|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
(a) Low technological ability.
(b) Industrial people.
(c) Dense population.
(d) Religious intolerance.
2. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With skepticism.
(b) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(c) With an open mind.
(d) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(d) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
4. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As intellectually inferior.
(b) As cyphers.
(c) As rejecting advances.
(d) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Frederick Grover.
(d) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are people happiest?
2. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
4. What has science not done?
5. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)