|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
2. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That education is worthless without morality.
(b) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(c) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(d) That progress without intention is disasterous.
3. When are people happiest?
(a) When pursuing what interests them.
(b) When in an accepting community.
(c) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(d) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
4. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(c) Social interaction.
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(b) Deliberate action.
(c) Absolute conviction.
(d) Assured knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
2. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
3. What should history do?
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
5. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)