|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
2. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
3. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(c) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(d) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(a) Intellectual vapidity.
5. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
(a) Religious intolerance.
(b) Dense population.
(c) Industrial people.
(d) Low technological ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
4. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
5. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)