|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
2. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The value of the individual in the United States.
(b) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(c) The high cost of labor.
(d) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
3. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
4. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(b) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(c) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(d) Americans are intellectually far superior.
5. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The efforts towards understanding.
(c) The contemplation of infinity.
(d) The tenets of Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
2. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
4. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)