|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its help for people in need or illness.
(b) Its structure.
(c) Its adherence to tradition.
(d) Its rigidity.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(b) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(c) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(b) Visual art and music.
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The press.
(b) The church.
(c) The government.
(d) The educational system.
5. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
(b) As cyphers.
(c) As rejecting advances.
(d) As intellectually inferior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
3. Who has created the League of Nations?
4. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
5. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)