|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(b) Truth, industry and happiness.
(c) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(d) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Intensely focused.
(b) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(c) Full of change.
4. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(b) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(c) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(d) Americans live more for the future than the present.
5. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
2. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
3. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
4. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
5. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)