|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(b) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(c) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(d) The lack of a savings plan.
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(b) The ability to think independently.
(c) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(d) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
3. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(b) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(c) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(d) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
4. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its structure.
(b) Its rigidity.
(c) Its help for people in need or illness.
(d) Its adherence to tradition.
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Deliberate action.
(c) Assured knowledge.
(d) Absolute conviction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
2. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
3. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
4. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)