|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(d) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(c) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
3. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Giving the vote to women.
(b) Restricting voting rights.
(c) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(d) Passing unenforceable laws.
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Intensely focused.
(b) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(c) Full of change.
5. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(d) Intellectual vapidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
2. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
3. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
5. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)