|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(b) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(c) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(d) Truth, industry and happiness.
2. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(d) Intellectual vapidity.
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(d) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
4. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(b) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(c) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
2. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
3. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
4. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
5. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)