|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Assured knowledge.
(b) Absolute conviction.
(d) Deliberate action.
2. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its adherence to tradition.
(b) Its structure.
(c) Its rigidity.
(d) Its help for people in need or illness.
3. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The contemplation of infinity.
(b) The efforts of other men.
(c) The tenets of Christianity.
(d) The efforts towards understanding.
5. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(b) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(c) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(d) Americans are intellectually far superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
2. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
5. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)