|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The educational system.
(b) The government.
(c) The church.
(d) The press.
2. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(b) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(c) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(d) Americans have no sense of traditions.
3. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(b) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(c) The ability to think independently.
(d) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
4. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) Through participation in the human community.
(b) By diligent striving.
(c) By clear thinking.
(d) By having good genes.
5. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
2. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
3. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
4. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
5. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)