|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) Through participation in the human community.
(b) By having good genes.
(c) By diligent striving.
(d) By clear thinking.
2. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts towards understanding.
(b) The contemplation of infinity.
(c) The tenets of Christianity.
(d) The efforts of other men.
3. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
4. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
5. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The press.
(b) The church.
(c) The government.
(d) The educational system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
2. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
5. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)