|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(b) It will discourage others to excel.
(c) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(d) It will discourage true thought.
2. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
(a) Religious intolerance.
(b) Low technological ability.
(c) Industrial people.
(d) Dense population.
3. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Truth, industry and happiness.
(b) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(c) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(d) Happiness, honor and comfort.
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The press.
(b) The church.
(c) The government.
(d) The educational system.
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(b) Democratic monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
2. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
3. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
4. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
5. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)