|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(b) Democratic monarchy.
2. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
3. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(b) That he has no artistic talents.
(c) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(d) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
3. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
4. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
5. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)