|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The government.
(b) The church.
(c) The press.
(d) The educational system.
2. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The efforts towards understanding.
(c) The tenets of Christianity.
(d) The contemplation of infinity.
3. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(b) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(c) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(d) Truth, industry and happiness.
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) International politics.
(d) Research and development.
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(b) Visual art and music.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
2. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
3. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
4. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
5. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)