|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(b) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(c) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(d) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) Through participation in the human community.
(b) By having good genes.
(c) By diligent striving.
(d) By clear thinking.
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(d) Intellectual vapidity.
5. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(b) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(c) The ability to think independently.
(d) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has created the League of Nations?
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
3. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
4. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)