|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts towards understanding.
(b) The efforts of other men.
(c) The contemplation of infinity.
(d) The tenets of Christianity.
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to think independently.
(b) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(c) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(d) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) Research and development.
(c) International politics.
4. Who has created the League of Nations?
(b) The common people.
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(b) Democratic monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
2. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
3. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
4. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)