|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Assured knowledge.
(b) Deliberate action.
(c) Absolute conviction.
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(b) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(c) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(d) Truth, industry and happiness.
3. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(b) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(c) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(d) Americans live more for the future than the present.
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Full of change.
(c) Intensely focused.
(d) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
2. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
3. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
4. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
5. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)