|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The government.
(b) The educational system.
(c) The press.
(d) The church.
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(b) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(c) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(d) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
3. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The value of the individual in the United States.
(b) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(c) The high cost of labor.
(d) The general lazy nature of Americans.
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(c) Research and development.
(d) International politics.
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(a) Democratic monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
2. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
5. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)