|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(d) Visual art and music.
2. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) Through participation in the human community.
(b) By diligent striving.
(c) By clear thinking.
(d) By having good genes.
4. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(b) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(c) The value of the individual in the United States.
(d) The high cost of labor.
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
(a) The common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
3. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)