|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(b) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(c) It will discourage true thought.
(d) It will discourage others to excel.
2. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(b) The high cost of labor.
(c) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(d) The value of the individual in the United States.
3. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(d) Democratic monarchy.
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(b) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(c) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
2. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)