|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Deliberate action.
(b) Absolute conviction.
(d) Assured knowledge.
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The government.
(b) The church.
(c) The press.
(d) The educational system.
3. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(b) Seeking to overpopulate.
(c) Being to provencial.
(d) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
4. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The value of the individual in the United States.
(b) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(c) The high cost of labor.
(d) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
5. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
(d) Social interaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
2. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
3. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
4. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
5. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)