|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage true thought.
(b) It will discourage others to excel.
(c) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(d) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
2. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With much sceptism.
(c) With condescension.
(d) With contempt.
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) Research and development.
(d) International politics.
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The contemplation of infinity.
(b) The tenets of Christianity.
(c) The efforts towards understanding.
(d) The efforts of other men.
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Absolute conviction.
(b) Deliberate action.
(d) Assured knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
3. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
4. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)