|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
4. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(b) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(c) The ability to think independently.
(d) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
5. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)