|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 290-377.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
(b) The right equipment to prove theories.
2. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) An abandonment of religious principles.
(b) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
(c) Massive unemployment.
(d) Massive religious unrest.
3. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
(a) The agressiveness of its policies.
(b) The arrogance of its leaders.
(c) The indecisiveness of its leaders.
(d) The United States.
4. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(d) E. J. Gumbel.
5. What do physicists resign themselves to accepting new field concepts as?
(a) Irreducible fundamentals.
(b) A muddying of the almost-clear waters of quantum physics.
(c) Lost hope for a quick proof of the expansion theory.
(d) False arguments for interrelated theories of creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
3. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
5. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)