|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(b) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(c) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
(d) That the Jewish population is declining.
2. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Produce truth.
(c) Initiate that action.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
3. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(b) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(c) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(d) That education is worthless without morality.
4. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(c) Democratic monarchy.
5. For what has Einstein worked his entire life?
(a) Justice and acceptance.
(b) Liberty and truth.
(c) Justice and liberty.
(d) Truth and fairness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
2. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
3. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
5. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)