|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will yield.
(b) Japan will attack those countries.
(c) Japan will negotiate.
(d) China will attack Europe.
2. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Deliberate action.
(b) Assured knowledge.
(c) Absolute conviction.
3. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With an open mind.
(b) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(c) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(d) With skepticism.
4. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
5. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
(a) Because someone will inevitably double cross the others.
(b) Because those countries still armed will not do what they say once others disarm.
(c) Because peace is unenforcable if some countries are still armed.
(d) Because as long as war is possible, everyone wants to be in a position to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
2. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
4. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
5. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)