|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has science not done?
(a) Freed people from superstition.
(b) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(c) Freed people from religious heresy.
(d) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(b) Truth, industry and happiness.
(c) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(d) Kindness, beauty and truth.
3. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(c) Democratic monarchy.
4. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(c) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
5. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When in an accepting community.
(c) When pursuing what interests them.
(d) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
3. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
4. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
5. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)