Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 1-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its help for people in need or illness.
(b) Its rigidity.
(c) Its adherence to tradition.
(d) Its structure.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(c) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
3. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans live more for the future than the present.
(b) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(c) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(d) Americans are intellectually far superior.
4. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(b) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(c) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(d) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
5. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(b) Truth, industry and happiness.
(c) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(d) Happiness, honor and comfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
2. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)