|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) That the Jewish population is declining.
(b) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(c) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
(d) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
2. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
(a) His concern that there is a rally against Ant-Semitism.
(b) His rationale for why the Germans are doing what they are doing.
(c) His suggestion of changing the date and time of the meeting.
(d) His refusal to participate in a meeting against Anti-Semitism.
3. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
4. What does Infinite space mean?
(a) That any number of bodies of equal size can be laid side-by-side without ever filling it.
(b) That space is occupied by an infinite number of atoms.
(c) That there is no finte end to the boundaries of the Universe.
(d) That eternity and inifinite space are identical.
5. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(b) To teach morals.
(c) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(d) To instill purpose in the students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
4. In what decade does Einstein write "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)