|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the academies not regret?
(a) Einstein's expulsion.
(b) Einstein's resignation.
(c) The resignation of several key members.
(d) Searching for the truth.
2. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) He never really does.
(b) He does from an early age.
(c) After attending Jewish seminary.
(d) After going to Germany.
3. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(c) When pursuing what interests them.
(d) When in an accepting community.
4. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Elderly politicians.
(b) Happy youth.
(c) Unhappy youth.
(d) Those who would go to war.
5. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
(a) Determine absolute truth.
(b) Teach compassion.
(c) Deduce the goal of human aspirations.
(d) Determine the existence of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
2. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
3. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
5. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)