|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(a) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
(b) Belief in God.
2. How does the inertia of a given body grow?
(a) As more "ponderable masses" come into proximity.
(b) By expanding beyond the known borders of the Universe.
(c) With an increase in gravitational pull.
(d) Through the exertion of the time/space continuum.
3. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) As the lapdog of facism.
(c) With the highest respect.
(d) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
4. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
(b) As infantile in its political acumen.
(c) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(d) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
5. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Initiate that action.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
5. What does the the "Riemannian curvature" do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)