|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(b) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(c) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
3. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive religious unrest.
(b) An abandonment of religious principles.
(c) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
(d) Massive unemployment.
4. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) It is full of hot air.
(b) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(c) Its members are facists at best.
(d) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
5. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
(b) Strong and unwavering.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
2. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
3. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
4. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
5. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)