|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
(a) He was treated poorly.
(b) He was treated well.
(c) He was often subject to physical abuse.
(d) He was often subject to unwarrented interrogations.
2. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
(a) That its vision is dubious.
(b) That it is one small step towards integration with the Arabs to share the land.
(c) That it is an evil tyranny that is as bad as the situation the Jews left.
(d) That it must be not a political movement but a realization of the social ideal of the Bible.
3. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) After attending Jewish seminary.
(b) He does from an early age.
(c) After going to Germany.
(d) He never really does.
4. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A strong family life.
(b) A good education.
(c) The ghetto.
(d) Understanding of the Talmud.
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(c) Democratic monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein think the protest will do better without his participation?
2. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
3. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
4. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
5. Of what is Einstein accused by several scientific communities?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)