|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The educational system.
(b) The government.
(c) The church.
(d) The press.
2. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(c) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(d) Because that labor has no last value.
3. What is Einstein's response to the demands of the academies?
(a) That he will work for any country he desires.
(b) That his research notes are his own.
(c) To sue them for his pay and benefits.
4. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(b) Visual art and music.
5. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) By having good genes.
(b) By diligent striving.
(c) Through participation in the human community.
(d) By clear thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
2. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
3. For what must general laws be valid?
4. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)