|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(b) J. Menniger.
(c) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(d) Mahatma Ghandi.
2. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) China will attack Europe.
(b) Japan will negotiate.
(c) Japan will yield.
(d) Japan will attack those countries.
3. How does the inertia of a given body grow?
(a) Through the exertion of the time/space continuum.
(b) By expanding beyond the known borders of the Universe.
(c) With an increase in gravitational pull.
(d) As more "ponderable masses" come into proximity.
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) Because that labor has no last value.
(c) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(d) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
5. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
(a) That he not work for any other country.
(b) That he gives them reserach he conducted for them.
(c) That he forfeits his pay and retirement.
(d) That he says something good about the German people to the rest of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
2. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
3. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
4. What is the "ether" idea invented by earlier scientists?
5. What does Infinite space mean?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)