|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(a) Intolerance for others who do not adhere to Jewish ideals.
(c) Justice for those who are oppressed.
(d) The pursuit of happiness ideal.
2. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
(a) Learn to accept differences among those already in Palestine.
(b) Gain revenge on those who have murdered them.
(c) Gain self respect.
(d) Treat the Arabs as equals.
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) Through participation in the human community.
(b) By clear thinking.
(c) By diligent striving.
(d) By having good genes.
4. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
(b) The rationale for a theory of distance.
(c) It can determine the mathematical probabilities of finding structures at a particular spot.
(d) A way of showing the exact place of any given atom at an exact moment.
5. What is the result of the accusations by these scientific communities?
(b) Einstein is expelled.
(c) Einstein forces the resignation of several key members.
(d) Einstein resigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
2. How would you characterize Einstein's beliefs in this section of the book?
3. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
4. What makes life easier but also brings economic dangers that planning must address?
5. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)