|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(b) A consensus is reached.
(c) Conflicts arise.
(d) A new field of science is born.
2. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As the lapdog of facism.
(b) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(c) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(d) With the highest respect.
3. What is the starting point for the concept of space?
(a) The quark space.
(b) The omega point.
(c) The interval.
(d) The alpha point.
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(b) With an open mind.
(c) With skepticism.
(d) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
5. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With contempt.
(b) With much sceptism.
(c) With condescension.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
2. Why does Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
3. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
4. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
5. What has science not done?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)