|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) After going to Germany.
(b) He does from an early age.
(c) After attending Jewish seminary.
(d) He never really does.
2. What essay opens Part 4?
(a) "Mainifesto to Peace, March, 1943."
(b) "Manifesto of the Chosen."
(c) "Manifesto--March, 1939."
(d) "Peace at What Cost, March, 1941."
3. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(b) Economic pressures.
(c) Political pressure.
(d) The desire for knowledge.
4. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
(a) The idea of a force needed to overcome inertia.
(b) The concept of mass.
(c) The idea of charged ions creating force fields.
(d) The idea that gravity is responding to invisible ley lines.
5. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
(a) For working out the planetary motions with no one's support and the understanding of few.
(b) For standing by his ideas despite the inquisition.
(c) For knowing when to look deeper into his theories.
(d) For workinhg out the laws of gravity.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
2. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
3. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
4. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
5. What is the result of the accusations by these scientific communities?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)