|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein's response to the demands of the academies?
(a) That he will work for any country he desires.
(b) That his research notes are his own.
(c) To sue them for his pay and benefits.
2. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
(b) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(c) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
(d) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(b) Because they are superior to animals.
(c) In order to evolve.
(d) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Frederick Grover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a second requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
3. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
4. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)