|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(b) Mahatma Ghandi.
(c) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(d) J. Menniger.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
(c) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(d) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
3. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
(d) The Pope.
4. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(b) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
(c) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
(d) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
5. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
(a) As about what expected.
(b) As exceeding all expectations.
(c) As grueling and discouraging.
(d) As a dismal failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
3. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
4. What do the intellectual élite lack?
5. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)