|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
(b) At Harvard School Physics.
(c) At Stanford.
(d) At MIT.
2. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
(a) As a dismal failure.
(b) As grueling and discouraging.
(c) As exceeding all expectations.
(d) As about what expected.
3. Of what is Einstein accused by several scientific communities?
(a) Atrocity mongering.
(b) Heretical theses.
4. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His method of non-cooperation.
(b) His intellect.
(c) His vegetarian diet.
(d) The way he treated his wife.
5. How do the actions of the heroes of the battle of the Warsaw Ghetto help all Jewish people?
(a) They are strengthening the bonds among Jews of all nations.
(b) They demonstrate the idea that attacking any Jew is at one's own peril.
(c) They demonstrate the extreme situation and it will help other nations open their borders to the Jews.
(d) They show that Jewish people will fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the academies not regret?
2. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
4. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
5. Why does Einstein think the protest will do better without his participation?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)