|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
(a) That he forfeits his pay and retirement.
(b) That he gives them reserach he conducted for them.
(c) That he not work for any other country.
(d) That he says something good about the German people to the rest of the world.
2. What essay opens Part 4?
(a) "Manifesto of the Chosen."
(b) "Mainifesto to Peace, March, 1943."
(c) "Peace at What Cost, March, 1941."
(d) "Manifesto--March, 1939."
3. What happens if there are no general laws?
(a) The masses will not understand the specifics.
(b) Specifics are inaccurate.
(c) Epirical facts lack value.
(d) The deductions are useless.
4. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
(b) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
(c) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(d) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
5. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(b) Through laws in a world court.
(c) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(d) Through arbitration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
2. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
3. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
4. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
5. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)