|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
(b) Fields and quarks.
(c) Waves and fields.
(d) Quarks and waves.
2. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
(a) For Jews to be willing to live under Arab rule.
(b) For Jews and Arabs to live together peacefully.
(c) For Jews to have their own state and government within many countries.
(d) For Jews to reassimilate peacefully into their homelands.
3. What is Einstein's response to the demands of the academies?
(a) To sue them for his pay and benefits.
(c) That he will work for any country he desires.
(d) That his research notes are his own.
4. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(b) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(c) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(d) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
5. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(b) As tainted.
(c) As sacred.
(d) As impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
2. Who does Einstein think is partly to blame for Europe's condition?
3. How does a country enslave its citizens?
4. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
5. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)