|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) Through participation in the human community.
(b) By clear thinking.
(c) By diligent striving.
(d) By having good genes.
2. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
(a) A beacon of light to an uncivilized world.
(b) Strong enough to withstand persecution.
(c) Civilized Europeans and good citizens.
(d) Benevolent guardians of both Jew and Arabs.
3. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Kindness, beauty and truth.
(b) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(c) Truth, industry and happiness.
(d) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
4. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
(a) Industrial people.
(b) Religious intolerance.
(c) Dense population.
(d) Low technological ability.
5. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
(a) False pride.
(b) A lack of clear thinking.
(d) The armament industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
2. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
3. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
4. Of what is Einstein accused by several scientific communities?
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)