|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Those who would go to war.
(b) Unhappy youth.
(c) Happy youth.
(d) Elderly politicians.
3. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It freezes human relations.
(b) It promotes human relations.
(c) It retards human relations.
(d) It accelerates human relations.
4. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(b) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(c) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(d) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
5. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
(a) The ideals of a benevolent sovereign nation.
(b) As the ideals to which all humanity must strive.
(c) To human beings in their most perfected state.
(d) As the essential character of Jews as a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has science not done?
2. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
3. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
4. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
5. In what decade is Einstein writing his correspondence with the science academies?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)