|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
(a) The Jewish people re-discovering their faith in God.
(b) Reparations from Germany.
(c) A homeland in Palestine.
(d) Apologies from all the nations who refused to admit Jewish refugees.
2. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Intensely focused.
(c) Full of change.
(d) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
3. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through laws in a world court.
(b) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(c) Through arbitration.
(d) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
4. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(b) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(c) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
(d) The ability to understand basic causes.
5. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
(a) Enoble the human race.
(b) Be diligent.
(c) Be patient.
(d) Be just.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
2. What do the academies not regret?
3. How does the inertia of a given body grow?
4. Who "frees" space from rigidity?
5. What does Infinite space mean?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)