|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay opens Part 4?
(a) "Mainifesto to Peace, March, 1943."
(b) "Manifesto--March, 1939."
(c) "Manifesto of the Chosen."
(d) "Peace at What Cost, March, 1941."
2. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Frederick Grover.
(d) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
3. What does Einstein claim uncontrolled technology has created?
(a) Massive religious unrest.
(b) Massive unemployment.
(c) A reliance on machines that may prove society's downfall.
(d) An abandonment of religious principles.
4. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As cyphers.
(b) As rejecting advances.
(c) As intellectually inferior.
(d) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
5. What is the "ether" idea invented by earlier scientists?
(a) A means of putting electrons into a suspended state.
(b) A medium pervading space as a vehicle for electromagnetic and light phenomena..
(c) A way to slow down the movement of electrons rotating around the nucleas.
(d) The matter in which electrical current shocks someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
3. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)