|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the academies not regret?
(a) Einstein's expulsion.
(b) Searching for the truth.
(c) The resignation of several key members.
(d) Einstein's resignation.
2. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As tainted.
(b) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(c) As sacred.
(d) As impossible.
3. What essay opens Part 4?
(a) "Manifesto--March, 1939."
(b) "Mainifesto to Peace, March, 1943."
(c) "Manifesto of the Chosen."
(d) "Peace at What Cost, March, 1941."
4. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through forced military service.
(b) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
(c) Through economic deprivation.
(d) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
5. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Government, education and religion.
(b) Freedom, love, government.
(c) Science, religion, and relationships.
(d) Freedom, religion, and education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein refuse the demands?
2. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
3. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
4. What has science not done?
5. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)