|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new physical reality does Faraday introduce?
(a) The field.
(b) The 5th dimension.
(c) The reality of spirit.
(d) The rotuse.
2. How does Einstein characterize his treatment when he lived in Germany earlier?
(a) He was treated well.
(b) He was often subject to unwarrented interrogations.
(c) He was often subject to physical abuse.
(d) He was treated poorly.
3. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(b) Belief in God.
(c) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
4. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(b) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(c) Through arbitration.
(d) Through laws in a world court.
5. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With condescension.
(b) With much sceptism.
(d) With contempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
2. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
4. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
5. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)