|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Infinite space mean?
(a) That eternity and inifinite space are identical.
(b) That space is occupied by an infinite number of atoms.
(c) That there is no finte end to the boundaries of the Universe.
(d) That any number of bodies of equal size can be laid side-by-side without ever filling it.
2. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) It is full of hot air.
(b) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(c) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
(d) Its members are facists at best.
3. What is one requirement for Einstein for living in a country?
(b) Military might.
(c) Military disarmament.
4. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(b) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(c) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(d) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
5. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
(a) His suggestion of changing the date and time of the meeting.
(b) His rationale for why the Germans are doing what they are doing.
(c) His refusal to participate in a meeting against Anti-Semitism.
(d) His concern that there is a rally against Ant-Semitism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
2. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
4. What are elite volunteers doing?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)