|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
(a) Quarks and waves.
(b) Waves and fields.
(c) Fields and quarks.
2. What do the academies demand of Einstein?
(a) That he not work for any other country.
(b) That he gives them reserach he conducted for them.
(c) That he says something good about the German people to the rest of the world.
(d) That he forfeits his pay and retirement.
3. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(b) Being to provencial.
(c) Seeking to overpopulate.
(d) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
4. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
(a) Dense population.
(b) Religious intolerance.
(c) Industrial people.
(d) Low technological ability.
5. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
(a) Because peace is unenforcable if some countries are still armed.
(b) Because as long as war is possible, everyone wants to be in a position to win.
(c) Because someone will inevitably double cross the others.
(d) Because those countries still armed will not do what they say once others disarm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third requirement for living in a country?
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
3. What should history do?
4. Security through superior military power is what?
5. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)