|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(b) With contempt.
(c) With condescension.
(d) With much sceptism.
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) A new field of science is born.
(b) A consensus is reached.
(c) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(d) Conflicts arise.
3. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(b) The ability to think independently.
(c) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(d) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
4. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As sacred.
(b) As tainted.
(c) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(d) As impossible.
5. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(d) Intellectual vapidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
2. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
3. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
5. What has too much influence on public thought?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)