|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As rejecting advances.
(b) As cyphers.
(c) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
(d) As intellectually inferior.
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
(b) Seeking to overpopulate.
(c) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(d) Being to provencial.
3. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
(a) Industrial people.
(b) Dense population.
(c) Religious intolerance.
(d) Low technological ability.
4. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When pursuing what interests them.
(c) When in an accepting community.
(d) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
5. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The high cost of labor.
(b) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(c) The value of the individual in the United States.
(d) The general lazy nature of Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
2. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
3. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
5. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)