|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(d) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
2. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(a) E. J. Gumbel.
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(b) Visual art and music.
4. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
(a) Determine absolute truth.
(b) Teach compassion.
(c) Determine the existence of God.
(d) Deduce the goal of human aspirations.
5. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its adherence to tradition.
(b) Its rigidity.
(c) Its structure.
(d) Its help for people in need or illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
2. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
3. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
4. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
5. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)