|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) International politics.
(c) Research and development.
2. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Science, religion, and relationships.
(b) Freedom, religion, and education.
(c) Government, education and religion.
(d) Freedom, love, government.
3. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(a) Mentally frail.
(b) Myopic and snobbish.
4. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
5. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts towards understanding.
(b) The tenets of Christianity.
(c) The contemplation of infinity.
(d) The efforts of other men.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
3. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
4. What has science not done?
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)