|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) The way he treated his wife.
(b) His method of non-cooperation.
(c) His intellect.
(d) His vegetarian diet.
2. With what does religion deal?
(a) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
(b) The morality of science.
(c) The truthof scientific theories.
(d) The need for progress.
3. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Science, religion, and relationships.
(b) Government, education and religion.
(c) Freedom, religion, and education.
(d) Freedom, love, government.
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) International politics.
(d) Research and development.
5. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As cyphers.
(b) As rejecting advances.
(c) As intellectually inferior.
(d) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
2. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
3. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
4. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
5. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)