|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its help for people in need or illness.
(b) Its adherence to tradition.
(c) Its structure.
(d) Its rigidity.
2. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage true thought.
(b) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(c) It will discourage others to excel.
(d) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
3. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(b) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(c) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
(d) The ability to think independently.
4. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(a) Intellectual vapidity.
5. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(a) Visual art and music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
2. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
3. When are people happiest?
4. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
5. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)