|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(b) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(c) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(d) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
(a) The ability to receive criticism without sulking.
(b) The ability to think independently.
(c) The ability to understand without criticizing.
(d) The abillity to use criticism constructively.
3. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
(a) As intellectually inferior.
(b) As rejecting advances.
(c) As cyphers.
(d) As a millstone around the necks of their husbands.
4. Who has created the League of Nations?
(a) The common people.
5. What should history do?
(a) Teach the future.
(b) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
(c) Influence the future.
(d) Be forgotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are people happiest?
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
3. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
4. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)