|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(d) Democratic monarchy.
2. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Absolute conviction.
(c) Deliberate action.
(d) Assured knowledge.
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His intellect.
(b) His vegetarian diet.
(c) The way he treated his wife.
(d) His method of non-cooperation.
5. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
(b) Because they are superior to animals.
(c) In order to evolve.
(d) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should history do?
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
3. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
4. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
5. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)