|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(b) With an open mind.
(c) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(d) With skepticism.
2. What should history do?
(a) Be forgotten.
(b) Teach the future.
(c) Influence the future.
(d) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
3. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(b) Initiate that action.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
4. Who has created the League of Nations?
(d) The common people.
5. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
2. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
3. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)