|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
3. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
(a) That they are religious, but not religiously naïve.
(b) That they hold knowledge to a higher standard of verification than is necessary.
(c) That they cannot be trusted.
(d) That they are fooling not only themselves but the public.
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Intensely focused.
(b) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(d) Full of change.
5. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Marie Curie.
(b) Mother Theresa.
(c) Samantha Carter.
(d) Golda Meir.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do human beings have a thirst?
2. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
4. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
5. What has science not done?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)