|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Government, education and religion.
(b) Science, religion, and relationships.
(c) Freedom, religion, and education.
(d) Freedom, love, government.
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Happy youth.
(b) Elderly politicians.
(c) Those who would go to war.
(d) Unhappy youth.
3. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
(a) Deduce the goal of human aspirations.
(b) Determine absolute truth.
(c) Determine the existence of God.
(d) Teach compassion.
4. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
5. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(b) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(c) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(d) That he has no artistic talents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
2. When are people happiest?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
5. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)