|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) In order to evolve.
(b) Because they are superior to animals.
(c) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
(d) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His vegetarian diet.
(b) His intellect.
(c) The way he treated his wife.
(d) His method of non-cooperation.
3. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Produce truth.
(c) Initiate that action.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The church.
(b) The government.
(c) The press.
(d) The educational system.
5. Who has created the League of Nations?
(a) The common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
2. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
3. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
5. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)