|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(b) Intellectual vapidity.
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
(b) Seeking to overpopulate.
(c) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(d) Being to provencial.
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(d) Visual art and music.
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(b) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(c) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(d) That education is worthless without morality.
5. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because that labor has no last value.
(b) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(c) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(d) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
3. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
4. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
5. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)