|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Frederick Grover.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(d) Paul Dirac.
2. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
(a) Having too much pride in genetic heritage.
(b) Being to provencial.
(c) Seeking to dominate weaker neighbors.
(d) Seeking to overpopulate.
3. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(b) Initiate that action.
(c) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(d) Produce truth.
4. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage others to excel.
(b) It will discourage true thought.
(c) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(d) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
5. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
3. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)