|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(c) Because that labor has no last value.
(d) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
2. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(b) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(c) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(d) That education is worthless without morality.
3. What has science not done?
(a) Freed people from superstition.
(b) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(c) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(d) Freed people from religious heresy.
4. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its structure.
(b) Its rigidity.
(c) Its adherence to tradition.
(d) Its help for people in need or illness.
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(a) Democratic monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should history do?
2. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
3. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
4. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
5. With what does religion deal?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)