|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(b) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(c) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(d) The lack of a savings plan.
2. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At MIT.
(b) At Harvard School Physics.
(c) At Stanford.
(d) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
3. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
4. What should history do?
(a) Be forgotten.
(b) Influence the future.
(c) Teach the future.
(d) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Max Planck.
(c) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(d) Frederick Grover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
3. What does Einstein laud in "Congratulations to a Critic"?
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
5. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)