|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(b) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(c) Mahatma Ghandi.
(d) J. Menniger.
2. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
(b) The lack of a savings plan.
(c) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(d) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
3. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(b) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(c) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(d) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
4. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(b) Freed people from superstition.
(c) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(d) Freed people from religious heresy.
5. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Government, education and religion.
(b) Freedom, religion, and education.
(c) Freedom, love, government.
(d) Science, religion, and relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
5. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)