|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because that labor has no last value.
(b) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(c) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(d) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
2. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The educational system.
(b) The church.
(c) The press.
(d) The government.
3. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(b) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(c) It will discourage true thought.
(d) It will discourage others to excel.
4. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(b) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(c) With an open mind.
(d) With skepticism.
5. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When pursuing what interests them.
(c) When in an accepting community.
(d) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
2. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
4. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
5. For what do human beings have a thirst?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)