|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(b) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(c) Because that labor has no last value.
(d) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
2. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(b) That he has no artistic talents.
(c) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(d) That Eve is blamed for sin.
3. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Happy youth.
(b) Elderly politicians.
(c) Unhappy youth.
(d) Those who would go to war.
4. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(b) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
(c) In order to evolve.
(d) Because they are superior to animals.
5. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(b) With contempt.
(c) With condescension.
(d) With much sceptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has science not done?
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
3. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
5. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)