|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
2. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Absolute conviction.
(b) Assured knowledge.
(c) Deliberate action.
3. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Harvard School Physics.
(b) At Stanford.
(c) At MIT.
(d) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
4. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To instill purpose in the students.
(b) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(c) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(d) To teach morals.
5. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(a) International politics.
(d) Research and development.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
2. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
3. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
4. What should history do?
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)