|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(b) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(c) That education is worthless without morality.
(d) That progress without intention is disasterous.
2. With what does religion deal?
(a) The need for progress.
(b) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
(c) The morality of science.
(d) The truthof scientific theories.
3. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(b) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(c) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(d) Because that labor has no last value.
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
(a) Absolute conviction.
(b) Deliberate action.
(d) Assured knowledge.
5. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(b) With an open mind.
(c) With skepticism.
(d) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
3. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
4. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
5. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)