|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
2. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Produce truth.
(c) Initiate that action.
(d) Set goals or pass value judgments.
3. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its adherence to tradition.
(b) Its help for people in need or illness.
(c) Its rigidity.
(d) Its structure.
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
(b) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(c) That he has no artistic talents.
(d) That Eve is blamed for sin.
5. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
(a) The high cost of labor.
(b) The intellectual prowess of Americans.
(c) The general lazy nature of Americans.
(d) The value of the individual in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has science not done?
2. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
3. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
4. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
5. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)