|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pp. 28-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its rigidity.
(b) Its structure.
(c) Its help for people in need or illness.
(d) Its adherence to tradition.
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(b) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(c) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
3. What is valued more in Europe than in the United States?
(c) Visual art and music.
4. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
(a) That nationalism has subverted the sharing of intellectual and artistic pursuits.
(b) That he has no artistic talents.
(c) That Eve is blamed for sin.
(d) That Milton did not go far enough in his epic poem.
5. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To teach morals.
(b) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(c) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(d) To instill purpose in the students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
3. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
5. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)