|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Einstein explaining in "A Reply to the Invitation to Participate in a Meeting against Anti-Semitism" ?
(a) His refusal to participate in a meeting against Anti-Semitism.
(b) His concern that there is a rally against Ant-Semitism.
(c) His rationale for why the Germans are doing what they are doing.
(d) His suggestion of changing the date and time of the meeting.
2. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(c) Mentally frail.
(d) Myopic and snobbish.
3. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
(a) It is full of hot air.
(b) It may eventually prove to be valuable.
(c) It at least embodies the principle that "something must be done."
(d) Its members are facists at best.
4. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
(a) By having good genes.
(b) By clear thinking.
(c) By diligent striving.
(d) Through participation in the human community.
5. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
(a) For standing by his ideas despite the inquisition.
(b) For knowing when to look deeper into his theories.
(c) For workinhg out the laws of gravity.
(d) For working out the planetary motions with no one's support and the understanding of few.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
2. For what do human beings have a thirst?
3. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
4. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
5. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)