|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
(a) The unlimited freedom of the labor market's extraordinary progress in methods of production.
(b) The overproduction of goods.
(c) The use of manual labor when machines are available.
(d) The use of machines that eliminates so many jobs.
2. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through forced military service.
(b) Through economic deprivation.
(c) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
(d) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
3. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
(a) Fifty thousand conscientious objectors.
(b) All the world leaders being "conscientious objectors."
(c) All women asking their husbands, brothers and father to choose not to fight.
(d) Einstein is not sure.
4. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(b) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
(c) With the highest respect.
(d) As the lapdog of facism.
5. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
(a) Japan will yield.
(b) Japan will negotiate.
(c) China will attack Europe.
(d) Japan will attack those countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
3. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
4. Security through superior military power is what?
5. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)