|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
(a) The fact that paper money is not backed by gold and silver.
(b) That the cost of labor is so high in comparison to goods produced.
(c) The lack of a savings plan.
(d) The high tariffs on foreign goods.
2. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
(d) Democratic monarchy.
3. Neither intelligence nor institutions can substitute for what?
(a) Military aid to save the Jews.
(b) Understanding, justice, and willingness to help others.
(c) A new homeland for the Jews.
(d) A life that is safe.
4. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
(a) Americans are intellectually far inferior.
(b) Americans are intellectually far superior.
(c) Americans have no sense of traditions.
(d) Americans live more for the future than the present.
5. What has stood in the way of the development of technology in China and India?
(a) Religious intolerance.
(b) Dense population.
(c) Industrial people.
(d) Low technological ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
2. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
3. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
4. How are Americans foolish?
5. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)