|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As tainted.
(b) As impossible.
(c) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(d) As sacred.
2. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(c) Intellectual vapidity.
3. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(b) Passing unenforceable laws.
(c) Giving the vote to women.
(d) Restricting voting rights.
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That education is worthless without morality.
(b) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(c) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(d) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
5. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through economic deprivation.
(b) Through forced military service.
(c) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
(d) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
2. For what do human beings have a thirst?
3. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
4. Of what does Einstein warn Fascist nations?
5. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)