|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(b) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(c) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(d) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His vegetarian diet.
(b) His method of non-cooperation.
(c) The way he treated his wife.
(d) His intellect.
3. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
4. What has science not done?
(a) Freed people from religious heresy.
(b) Freed people from superstition.
(c) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(d) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
5. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
(b) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(c) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
(d) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
2. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
3. Who has created the League of Nations?
4. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
5. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)