|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
(a) His ability to arbitrate for peace.
(b) His desire to share openly.
(c) His system of dream interpretation.
(d) Freud's binding in the psyche of combative/destructive instincts with those of love and life.
2. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) Finger pointing.
(b) Protection for civilians.
(c) A peaceful resolution.
(d) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
(b) Research and development.
(d) International politics.
4. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
(a) The ideals of a benevolent sovereign nation.
(b) To human beings in their most perfected state.
(c) As the essential character of Jews as a group.
(d) As the ideals to which all humanity must strive.
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the individual develop and gain significance?
2. What prevents Jews from giving blind obeisance to any moral authority?
3. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
4. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
5. What governing system does Einstein think is best?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)