|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what are Einstein's inner and outer lives based?
(a) The efforts of other men.
(b) The contemplation of infinity.
(c) The efforts towards understanding.
(d) The tenets of Christianity.
2. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(b) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(c) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
(d) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
3. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(b) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(c) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
(d) The ability to understand basic causes.
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(c) Because that labor has no last value.
(d) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
5. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Initiate that action.
(b) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Security through superior military power is what?
2. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
3. What has science not done?
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
5. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)