|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(b) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
(c) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
(d) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
2. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(a) Political pressure.
(c) Economic pressures.
(d) The desire for knowledge.
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) In order to evolve.
(b) Because they are superior to animals.
(c) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(d) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
4. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A strong family life.
(b) The ghetto.
(c) Understanding of the Talmud.
(d) A good education.
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
(a) A defensive weapon that would render fusion or fission impossible.
(c) A strong "supranational" organization,
(d) Instilling an abhorrence of war in humankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
2. What does Einstein need a great deal of?
3. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
4. What should history do?
5. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)