|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) He never really does.
(b) After going to Germany.
(c) After attending Jewish seminary.
(d) He does from an early age.
2. What does Einstein believe will not move humanity forward?
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(b) As sacred.
(c) As tainted.
(d) As impossible.
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
(a) That they hold knowledge to a higher standard of verification than is necessary.
(b) That they are religious, but not religiously naïve.
(c) That they are fooling not only themselves but the public.
(d) That they cannot be trusted.
5. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
(a) All women asking their husbands, brothers and father to choose not to fight.
(b) Fifty thousand conscientious objectors.
(c) Einstein is not sure.
(d) All the world leaders being "conscientious objectors."
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if the US, England, Germany, and France threaten to boycott Japan for its aggression in China?
2. Though the scientific method can teach how facts relate and condition one another, what can it not do?
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
5. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)