|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To instill purpose in the students.
(b) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(c) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(d) To teach morals.
2. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Universal domination and subjugation.
(b) Universal anarchy and terror.
(c) Triumph of evil.
(d) Capitulation of pacific nations.
3. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
4. With what is Judaism concerned?
(a) The hope of the afterlife.
(b) Moral attitudes.
(c) The return of Jews to their homeland.
(d) The proper worship of God.
5. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
(b) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
(c) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(d) The ability to understand basic causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
2. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
4. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
5. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)