|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
2. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) As infantile in its political acumen.
(b) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
(c) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
(d) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
3. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) Less than one percent.
(c) 4 percent.
(d) 2.3 percent.
4. When are people happiest?
(a) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(b) When in an accepting community.
(c) When pursuing what interests them.
(d) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
5. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Initiate that action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
2. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
3. For what do human beings have a thirst?
4. What does Einstein say about the League of Nations' Committee of Intellectual Cooperation?
5. Neither intelligence nor institutions can substitute for what?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)