|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
(a) The League of Nations and Court of Arbitration.
(d) Belief in God.
2. What does Einstein say is very detrimental to the respect for the government?
(a) Restricting voting rights.
(b) Engaging in unwinnable wars.
(c) Giving the vote to women.
(d) Passing unenforceable laws.
3. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(b) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(c) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(d) Because that labor has no last value.
4. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) After going to Germany.
(b) After attending Jewish seminary.
(c) He never really does.
(d) He does from an early age.
5. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To teach morals.
(b) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(c) To instill purpose in the students.
(d) To supervise activities rather than learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
2. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
3. What has science not done?
4. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
5. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)