|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once combat starts, what is meaningless?
(a) Finger pointing.
(b) A peaceful resolution.
(c) Protection for civilians.
(d) Armaments and rules for the conduct of war.
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
(a) Truth, industry and happiness.
(b) Happiness, honor and comfort.
(c) Beauty, happiness and curiousity.
(d) Kindness, beauty and truth.
3. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
(b) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(c) Produce truth.
(d) Initiate that action.
4. In what way does Einstein compare Europeans to Americans?
(a) Europeans are more generous than Americans.
(b) He says Europeans are more pessimistic in general than Americans.
(c) Europeans value family more than Americans.
(d) Europeans are more gullible than Americans.
5. What will force even the most reactionary scientists to cooperate?
(a) The desire for knowledge.
(b) Economic pressures.
(c) Political pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
2. For what do human beings have a thirst?
3. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
4. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
5. Who does Einstein think is the man least likely to be duped by desires?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)