|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A good education.
(b) A strong family life.
(c) The ghetto.
(d) Understanding of the Talmud.
2. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
(b) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
(c) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(d) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
3. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through arbitration.
(b) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(c) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(d) Through laws in a world court.
4. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is eternal.
(b) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(c) It is visionary.
(d) It is illusionary.
5. Why does Einstein say individuals should not be singled out and given all-encompassing admiration?
(a) It will discourage others to excel.
(b) Because there are many quiet, unobtrusive individuals as deserving as the one singled out.
(c) It will give them too high an opinion of themselves.
(d) It will discourage true thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
2. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
3. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
4. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
5. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)