|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A strong family life.
(b) Understanding of the Talmud.
(c) A good education.
(d) The ghetto.
2. How does a country enslave its citizens?
(a) Through engendering mistrust amongst their citizens.
(b) Through forced military service.
(c) Through economic deprivation.
(d) Through the rationing of basic necessities.
3. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
(a) Benevolent guardians of both Jew and Arabs.
(b) A beacon of light to an uncivilized world.
(c) Civilized Europeans and good citizens.
(d) Strong enough to withstand persecution.
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
(a) That they are religious, but not religiously naïve.
(b) That they cannot be trusted.
(c) That they hold knowledge to a higher standard of verification than is necessary.
(d) That they are fooling not only themselves but the public.
5. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
(a) At Princeton Theological Seminary.
(b) At Stanford.
(c) At Harvard School Physics.
(d) At MIT.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
2. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
3. How are Americans foolish?
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
5. What is pacifism that fails to fight against armaments?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)