|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
(a) With much sceptism.
(c) With contempt.
(d) With condescension.
2. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(b) J. Menniger.
(c) Mahatma Ghandi.
(d) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The educational system.
(b) The church.
(c) The government.
(d) The press.
4. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
(a) Because as long as war is possible, everyone wants to be in a position to win.
(b) Because someone will inevitably double cross the others.
(c) Because peace is unenforcable if some countries are still armed.
(d) Because those countries still armed will not do what they say once others disarm.
5. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is eternal.
(b) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(c) It is visionary.
(d) It is illusionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
3. In "Paradise Lost," what does Einstein particularly rue?
4. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
5. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)