|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Those who would go to war.
(b) Unhappy youth.
(c) Elderly politicians.
(d) Happy youth.
2. Who has created the League of Nations?
(c) The common people.
3. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Universal domination and subjugation.
(b) Capitulation of pacific nations.
(c) Triumph of evil.
(d) Universal anarchy and terror.
4. What is the is the hidden evil power behind nationalism everywhere?
(b) A lack of clear thinking.
(c) The armament industry.
(d) False pride.
5. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through laws in a world court.
(b) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
(c) Through arbitration.
(d) Einstein is not certain about that point.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
2. What makes life easier but also brings economic dangers that planning must address?
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
5. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)