|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein seem to hate above all else?
(c) Intellectual vapidity.
2. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
(a) As the essential character of Jews as a group.
(b) The ideals of a benevolent sovereign nation.
(c) To human beings in their most perfected state.
(d) As the ideals to which all humanity must strive.
3. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
(a) A defensive weapon that would render fusion or fission impossible.
(c) A strong "supranational" organization,
(d) Instilling an abhorrence of war in humankind.
4. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
(a) Strong enough to withstand persecution.
(b) A beacon of light to an uncivilized world.
(c) Benevolent guardians of both Jew and Arabs.
(d) Civilized Europeans and good citizens.
5. Who does Einstein say are now the ones who advocate international thought?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
2. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
3. With what is Judaism concerned?
4. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
5. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)