|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(b) E. J. Gumbel.
2. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(b) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(c) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(d) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
3. Unless all nations band together to face aggressors, what is inevitable?
(a) Universal anarchy and terror.
(b) Universal domination and subjugation.
(c) Triumph of evil.
(d) Capitulation of pacific nations.
4. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
(b) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
(c) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(d) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
5. What is the one good thing about the fact that America has heaped so many accolades on Einstein?
(a) That it is a sign that America is open minded.
(b) That it may help them forgive Germany's excesses.
(c) It is a sign that materialism has not completely taken over the minds of Americans.
(d) That it is a sign that Americans value education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
2. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
3. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
4. For what do human beings have a thirst?
5. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)