|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has made international peace a matter of life and death and an ethical imperative for everyone?
(a) Religious imperatives.
(b) Waning resources.
(c) The global market.
2. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
(a) The use of machines that eliminates so many jobs.
(b) The use of manual labor when machines are available.
(c) The unlimited freedom of the labor market's extraordinary progress in methods of production.
(d) The overproduction of goods.
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(b) To teach morals.
(c) To instill purpose in the students.
(d) To supervise activities rather than learning.
4. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The educational system.
(b) The church.
(c) The press.
(d) The government.
5. How could unilateral disarmament be negotiated?
(a) Through arbitration.
(b) Einstein is not certain about that point.
(c) Through laws in a world court.
(d) Through enforcement of the League of Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has science not done?
2. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
3. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
4. How does Einstein characterize the women of America?
5. Why are Americans so far removed from the Asians and Russians?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)