|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(b) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(c) To teach morals.
(d) To instill purpose in the students.
2. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
(a) Because peace is unenforcable if some countries are still armed.
(b) Because someone will inevitably double cross the others.
(c) Because those countries still armed will not do what they say once others disarm.
(d) Because as long as war is possible, everyone wants to be in a position to win.
3. With what is Judaism concerned?
(a) The proper worship of God.
(b) Moral attitudes.
(c) The return of Jews to their homeland.
(d) The hope of the afterlife.
4. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
(b) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(c) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(d) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
5. What does Einstein value in the German system of government?
(a) Its adherence to tradition.
(b) Its structure.
(c) Its rigidity.
(d) Its help for people in need or illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
2. How are Americans foolish?
3. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
4. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
5. What is one of Freud's accomplishments that Einstein praises?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)