|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
2. What do the intellectual élite lack?
(a) The cohesion to attack contemporary problems.
(b) The ability to understand basic causes.
(c) The foresight to make practical decisions.
(d) Compassion for those of lesser ilk.
3. What has too much influence on public thought?
(a) The church.
(b) The educational system.
(c) The government.
(d) The press.
4. Why must disarmament and joint security occur all at once or not at all?
(a) Because peace is unenforcable if some countries are still armed.
(b) Because someone will inevitably double cross the others.
(c) Because those countries still armed will not do what they say once others disarm.
(d) Because as long as war is possible, everyone wants to be in a position to win.
5. Whose saying has greatly influenced Einstein since he was quite young?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should history do?
2. What does Einstein say prompts efficiency and the development of technology in the United States?
3. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
5. What does Einstein condemn in "Production and Work"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)