|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
(a) Set goals or pass value judgments.
(b) Produce truth.
(c) Initiate that action.
(d) Stop thinking that arises from myth.
2. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
(a) That they cannot be trusted.
(b) That they hold knowledge to a higher standard of verification than is necessary.
(c) That they are religious, but not religiously naïve.
(d) That they are fooling not only themselves but the public.
3. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
(a) To satisfy needs and avoid pain.
(b) Because they are superior to animals.
(c) In order to evolve.
(d) Because it is a compulsion built into them genetically.
4. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
(a) Benevolent guardians of both Jew and Arabs.
(b) A beacon of light to an uncivilized world.
(c) Civilized Europeans and good citizens.
(d) Strong enough to withstand persecution.
5. Though one man choosing to be a conscientious objector would accomplish little, what would accomplish much?
(a) All the world leaders being "conscientious objectors."
(b) Einstein is not sure.
(c) All women asking their husbands, brothers and father to choose not to fight.
(d) Fifty thousand conscientious objectors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Einstein, what provides no security to the world situation?
2. In what field do Americans fall behind their European counterparts?
3. How does Einstein view Bertrand Russell?
4. With what does religion deal?
5. What puzzles Einstein about one aspect of the American economy?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)