|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(b) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
(c) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
(d) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
2. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
(a) It is visionary.
(b) Each person has to choose his own rights.
(c) It is eternal.
(d) It is illusionary.
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. What sort of life does Einstein believe is good for all human beings?
(a) Intensely focused.
(c) Cluttered with stuff with which to amuse.
(d) Full of change.
5. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
(a) For Jews and Arabs to live together peacefully.
(b) For Jews to be willing to live under Arab rule.
(c) For Jews to reassimilate peacefully into their homelands.
(d) For Jews to have their own state and government within many countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has too much influence on public thought?
2. By what ideals has Einstein lived?
3. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
4. What is one attribute of American research that is giving them an increasing edge in the development of technology over other countries?
5. What does Einstein encourage lesser scientists to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)