|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
(a) Because it is a way of life.
(b) Because it acknowledges all paths lead to God.
(c) Because it demands no "faith"; just the sanctification of life.
(d) Because faith is counter to its precepts.
2. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
(a) As tainted.
(b) As sacred.
(c) As a mixture of guesswork and labwork.
(d) As impossible.
3. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(a) Mentally frail.
(c) Myopic and snobbish.
4. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
(a) The rationale for a theory of distance.
(b) A way of showing the exact place of any given atom at an exact moment.
(c) It can determine the mathematical probabilities of finding structures at a particular spot.
5. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(b) As infantile in its political acumen.
(c) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
(d) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
2. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
3. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
4. With what is Judaism concerned?
5. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)