|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
(b) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(c) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
(d) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
2. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(b) As infantile in its political acumen.
(c) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
(d) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
3. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
(a) As about what expected.
(b) As a dismal failure.
(c) As exceeding all expectations.
(d) As grueling and discouraging.
4. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
(a) To human beings in their most perfected state.
(b) As the ideals to which all humanity must strive.
(c) As the essential character of Jews as a group.
(d) The ideals of a benevolent sovereign nation.
5. Why does Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
(a) Because mathematics is the only true art.
(b) Because its propositions are beyond debate and not steadily evolving.
(c) Because he is in the final analysis a mathematician.
(d) Because mathematics is pure logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
2. What happens if there are no general laws?
3. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
4. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)