|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) The ghetto.
(b) A good education.
(c) Understanding of the Talmud.
(d) A strong family life.
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) His vegetarian diet.
(b) His method of non-cooperation.
(c) The way he treated his wife.
(d) His intellect.
3. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(c) When in an accepting community.
(d) When pursuing what interests them.
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" how many Jews are there?
(a) 16 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
5. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
(a) That it is an evil tyranny that is as bad as the situation the Jews left.
(b) That it is one small step towards integration with the Arabs to share the land.
(c) That its vision is dubious.
(d) That it must be not a political movement but a realization of the social ideal of the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
2. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
3. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
4. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
5. What does Inertia cause?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)