|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
(b) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(c) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(d) That the Jewish population is declining.
2. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
(a) The theory of constants.
(b) The theroy of relativity.
(c) The idea of ionic space.
(d) The idea of non-space.
3. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Samantha Carter.
(b) Golda Meir.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Mother Theresa.
4. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
(a) The way light moves through matter.
(b) The constant of the speed of light.
(c) The relative positions of space.
(d) The way light moves in space.
5. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
2. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
3. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
4. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
5. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)