|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inertia cause?
(a) A slow-down in electron movement the closer one is to the gravitation pull of the sun.
(c) A tendency to move faster once propeled.
(d) Circulation to be greatest just beyond the place of greatest curvature.
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
(a) The way he treated his wife.
(b) His vegetarian diet.
(c) His intellect.
(d) His method of non-cooperation.
3. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(b) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(c) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(d) Because that labor has no last value.
4. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(b) That the Jewish population is declining.
(c) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(d) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
5. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
(a) A step forward in human evolution.
(b) A group of people united by beliefs rather than genetics.
(c) A race whose behaviors are hereditary.
(d) The ideal to which other peoples should strive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
2. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
3. To what is attributed ideals of social justice, mutual aid, philanthropy, tolerance and the exaltation of intellectual aspiration and spiritual effort?
4. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
5. Though science can produce knowledge and means of action, what can it not do?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)