|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
(a) The Jewish Ghettos.
(c) The hope of a future.
(d) The United States opening their borders to Jewish emmigrants.
2. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
(a) Reparations from Germany.
(b) The Jewish people re-discovering their faith in God.
(c) Apologies from all the nations who refused to admit Jewish refugees.
(d) A homeland in Palestine.
3. What should history do?
(a) Teach the future.
(b) Influence the future.
(c) Be forgotten.
(d) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(b) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(c) That education is worthless without morality.
(d) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
5. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) Tesla's theory of voltage.
(b) The Planck theory.
(c) Edison's definition of ohms.
(d) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the starting point for the concept of space?
2. When are people happiest?
3. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
4. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
5. What does Inertia cause?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)