|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does a fable about a shepherd boy, a horse, and a stag relate?
(a) To Germany, the Nazis, and the Jews.
(b) To Jesus, Jews and Hitler.
(c) To astrology.
(d) To a nomadic way of life and astrology.
2. What is the starting point for the concept of space?
(a) The omega point.
(b) The quark space.
(c) The interval.
(d) The alpha point.
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
(a) To teach morals.
(b) To supervise activities rather than learning.
(c) Not to transfer a maximum quantity of knowledge to students, but to help them think and act independently.
(d) To instill purpose in the students.
4. What is the goal of the Jewish people in Palestine?
(a) To relocate the Arabs to other Arab nations.
(b) To find a place to establish Israel that is not so disruptive to the Arab peoples.
(c) To have a joint government with the Arabs in Palestine.
(d) To restore Jewish tradition and to live side-by-side with the Arabs.
5. What is one thing Einstein says Jews must do?
(a) Learn to accept differences among those already in Palestine.
(b) Gain revenge on those who have murdered them.
(c) Gain self respect.
(d) Treat the Arabs as equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
2. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
3. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
4. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
5. What new physical reality does Faraday introduce?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)