|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) A new field of science is born.
(b) Conflicts arise.
(c) A consensus is reached.
(d) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
2. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) The ghetto.
(b) A good education.
(c) A strong family life.
(d) Understanding of the Talmud.
3. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
(b) The right equipment to prove theories.
4. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
(a) A group of people united by beliefs rather than genetics.
(b) The ideal to which other peoples should strive.
(c) A race whose behaviors are hereditary.
(d) A step forward in human evolution.
5. With what does religion deal?
(a) The truthof scientific theories.
(b) The morality of science.
(c) The need for progress.
(d) Everything not predetermined by heredity, sets ideals, and educates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
3. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
4. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
5. What are elite volunteers doing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)