|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
(c) The right equipment to prove theories.
2. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
(a) It is non-revolutionary and non-speculative.
(b) It is a relatively new theory that has only come into existence since the last expansion of the Universe.
(c) Until absolutely proven, it is all speculation.
(d) It holds the key to understanding who God is.
3. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
(a) The rate of newly-made refugees.
(b) The way the Jews refuse to fight to save themselves.
(c) That the Jewish population is declining.
(d) The birth rate of the Jewish people.
4. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
(b) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(c) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(d) Because that labor has no last value.
5. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
(a) Mentally frail.
(d) Myopic and snobbish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
2. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
3. What could be organized to protect the world against nuclear power?
4. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
5. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)