|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Neither intelligence nor institutions can substitute for what?
(a) Military aid to save the Jews.
(b) A life that is safe.
(c) A new homeland for the Jews.
(d) Understanding, justice, and willingness to help others.
2. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
(a) Golda Meir.
(b) Marie Curie.
(c) Samantha Carter.
(d) Mother Theresa.
3. What should history do?
(a) Be forgotten.
(b) Teach the future.
(c) Influence the future.
(d) Interpret the progress in civilization rather than calculating power and success.
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It accelerates human relations.
(b) It freezes human relations.
(c) It promotes human relations.
(d) It retards human relations.
5. What does the theory of relativity resemble?
(a) A helix.
(b) A two-story building.
(c) A question and answer format.
(d) A circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
2. Why does Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
3. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
4. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
5. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)