|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
2. Who does Einstein urge to appreciate the legacy of countless generations and work to understand all nations and ages?
(a) Unhappy youth.
(b) Happy youth.
(c) Those who would go to war.
(d) Elderly politicians.
3. What happens if there are no general laws?
(a) The masses will not understand the specifics.
(b) Specifics are inaccurate.
(c) The deductions are useless.
(d) Epirical facts lack value.
4. When are people happiest?
(a) When making a contribution to self enlightenment.
(b) When pursuing what interests them.
(c) When launching an enterprise promoting life and culture.
(d) When in an accepting community.
5. Why does Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
(a) Because he is in the final analysis a mathematician.
(b) Because mathematics is the only true art.
(c) Because its propositions are beyond debate and not steadily evolving.
(d) Because mathematics is pure logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
2. What are elite volunteers doing?
3. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
4. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
5. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)