|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does truth applied to science or religion convey?
(a) That there is no truth.
(b) A higher truth.
(c) A lesser truth.
(d) Nothing clear.
2. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
(a) A way of showing the exact place of any given atom at an exact moment.
(c) It can determine the mathematical probabilities of finding structures at a particular spot.
(d) The rationale for a theory of distance.
3. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
(a) As just another government that falsely assumes safety is to be found in military might.
(b) That it conforms as closely as possible with the ethical ideals of peace, understanding, and self-restraint.
(c) As wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
(d) As infantile in its political acumen.
4. What prevents Jews from giving blind obeisance to any moral authority?
(a) The education of their people.
(b) A strong critical spirit.
(c) The value Jews place on individualism.
(d) The commands of the Torah.
5. Why does Einstein think people should labor as little as possible to maintain life and health?
(a) Because that labor has no last value.
(b) In order to partake in spiritual pursuits.
(c) In order to concentrate on their intellectual and artistic powers.
(d) Because human relationships need as much time as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
2. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what does Einstein say is alarming?
3. Who "frees" space from rigidity?
4. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
5. What should history do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)