|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
(a) The idea that gravity is responding to invisible ley lines.
(b) The idea of charged ions creating force fields.
(c) The idea of a force needed to overcome inertia.
(d) The concept of mass.
2. What does Germany use to justify atrocities against the Jews?
(a) The fact that the Jews are not native Germans.
(b) Fabricated crimes committed by the Jewish people.
(c) That the Jews have more money than any other group in Germany and therefore must be greedy.
(d) That the Jews are not a religious but rather racial group of people.
3. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(b) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
(c) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
(d) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
4. For what must general laws be valid?
(a) Only for observable phenomenon.
(b) For all natural phenomena.
(c) For other related general laws.
(d) For collorary specifics.
5. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
(a) A step forward in human evolution.
(b) A race whose behaviors are hereditary.
(c) The ideal to which other peoples should strive.
(d) A group of people united by beliefs rather than genetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
2. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
3. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
4. How does Einstein characterize pure scientific research?
5. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)