|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
(a) For Jews to reassimilate peacefully into their homelands.
(b) For Jews to be willing to live under Arab rule.
(c) For Jews and Arabs to live together peacefully.
(d) For Jews to have their own state and government within many countries.
2. What do friends and foes alike say the Jews represent?
(a) A step forward in human evolution.
(b) A group of people united by beliefs rather than genetics.
(c) The ideal to which other peoples should strive.
(d) A race whose behaviors are hereditary.
3. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
(a) For working out the planetary motions with no one's support and the understanding of few.
(b) For standing by his ideas despite the inquisition.
(c) For workinhg out the laws of gravity.
(d) For knowing when to look deeper into his theories.
4. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
(b) The United States opening their borders to Jewish emmigrants.
(c) The hope of a future.
(d) The Jewish Ghettos.
5. For what must general laws be valid?
(a) Only for observable phenomenon.
(b) For other related general laws.
(c) For collorary specifics.
(d) For all natural phenomena.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
2. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
3. What do Faraday/Maxwell show exist in "free space"?
4. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
5. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)