|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
(a) Apologies from all the nations who refused to admit Jewish refugees.
(b) The Jewish people re-discovering their faith in God.
(c) Reparations from Germany.
(d) A homeland in Palestine.
2. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
(b) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
(c) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
(d) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
3. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(b) With an open mind.
(c) With skepticism.
(d) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
4. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
5. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
(d) E. J. Gumbel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newton introduce in his ideas?
2. When are people happiest?
3. How does Einstein characterize people who read only newspapers and modern literature?
4. What is the "ether" idea invented by earlier scientists?
5. What has science not done?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)