|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
(a) Freedom, religion, and education.
(b) Freedom, love, government.
(c) Government, education and religion.
(d) Science, religion, and relationships.
2. What are elite volunteers doing?
(a) Displacing Arab settlements to gain their lands.
(b) Infiltrating Arab settlements in order to force them to move.
(c) Searching out other areas where they could create a nation that did not impact current inhabitants.
(d) Transforming the desert into flourishing settlements.
3. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(b) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(c) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
(d) That education is worthless without morality.
5. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
(a) The content of another dimension.
(b) Sensible experience.
(c) Other events prior to the event horizon.
(d) Other events past the event horizon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the inertia of a given body grow?
2. Besides pure logical thinking what else is required to attain knowledge of the empirical world?
3. What does Einstein say about the struggle for human rights?
4. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
5. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)