|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein believe about all profound scientists?
(a) That they are religious, but not religiously naïve.
(b) That they cannot be trusted.
(c) That they hold knowledge to a higher standard of verification than is necessary.
(d) That they are fooling not only themselves but the public.
2. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
(a) That progress without intention is disasterous.
(b) That teaching pacifism without spurning militarism is unrealistic.
(c) That education is worthless without morality.
(d) That progress without deliberation leads to becoming mired in legality.
3. What does quantum theory offer in the way of spatial relationships?
(a) A way of showing the exact place of any given atom at an exact moment.
(c) It can determine the mathematical probabilities of finding structures at a particular spot.
(d) The rationale for a theory of distance.
4. With what is Judaism concerned?
(a) The proper worship of God.
(b) The hope of the afterlife.
(c) Moral attitudes.
(d) The return of Jews to their homeland.
5. For what must general laws be valid?
(a) Only for observable phenomenon.
(b) For other related general laws.
(c) For collorary specifics.
(d) For all natural phenomena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
3. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
4. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
5. What should history do?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)