|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" how many Jews are there?
(a) 30 million.
(b) 1.5 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 16 million.
2. What has science not done?
(a) Freed people from superstition.
(b) Freed people from religious heresy.
(c) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(d) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
3. What is as rigid and absolute as Newton's space?
(a) The idea of ionic space.
(b) The idea of non-space.
(c) The theroy of relativity.
(d) The theory of constants.
4. How does Einstein characterize the House Un-American Activities Committee?
(a) With the highest respect.
(b) As the lapdog of facism.
(c) As a modern inquisitional institution.
(d) As a group of men doing a necessary cleansing.
5. What guards Jews from social and psychological problems?
(a) A strong family life.
(b) A good education.
(c) The ghetto.
(d) Understanding of the Talmud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein put mathematics above other sciences?
2. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
3. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
4. What is one thing Einstein says about Zionism?
5. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)