|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into how many parts is "Religion and Science" divided?
2. How does Einstein characterize the first ten years of the Jewish presence in Palestine?
(a) As exceeding all expectations.
(b) As grueling and discouraging.
(c) As a dismal failure.
(d) As about what expected.
3. In what year is "Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?" written?
4. What impact does technological progress have on human relations?
(a) It accelerates human relations.
(b) It freezes human relations.
(c) It retards human relations.
(d) It promotes human relations.
5. Upon what is the special theory of relativity based?
(a) The relative positions of space.
(b) The way light moves in space.
(c) The constant of the speed of light.
(d) The way light moves through matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say about the theory of relativity?
2. "On Academic Freedom" (1931) defends whom?
3. How does Einstein characterize the newly-formed State of Israel?
4. For what must general laws be valid?
5. Concepts acquire content only when connected with what?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)