|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
(a) A consensus is reached.
(b) A new field of science is born.
(c) The thesis of each side offers a synthesis.
(d) Conflicts arise.
2. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
3. What has science not done?
(a) Given humankind a sense of purpose.
(b) Freed people from superstition.
(c) Given humankind the means to achieve an end to war.
(d) Freed people from religious heresy.
4. According to Einstein, what must Jews strive to be?
(a) Strong enough to withstand persecution.
(b) Civilized Europeans and good citizens.
(c) A beacon of light to an uncivilized world.
(d) Benevolent guardians of both Jew and Arabs.
5. With what is Judaism concerned?
(a) The proper worship of God.
(b) Moral attitudes.
(c) The return of Jews to their homeland.
(d) The hope of the afterlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Einstein praise for her moral qualities and hardships above her intellectual accomplishments?
2. What does Einstein admire about Mahatma Ghandi?
3. Why should Judaism not be called a religion?
4. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
5. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)