|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be for better than for a Jewish state to be created?
(a) For Jews and Arabs to live together peacefully.
(b) For Jews to be willing to live under Arab rule.
(c) For Jews to reassimilate peacefully into their homelands.
(d) For Jews to have their own state and government within many countries.
2. What does Einstein think will restore the heart of the Jewish people?
(a) The Jewish people re-discovering their faith in God.
(b) Reparations from Germany.
(c) Apologies from all the nations who refused to admit Jewish refugees.
(d) A homeland in Palestine.
3. At the time Einstein writes "Why Do They Hate the Jews?" what percentage of the world population is Jewish?
(a) 2.3 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) Less than one percent.
(d) 4 percent.
4. Whose work shatters the framework of classical mechanics and provides the basis for further research in physics?
(a) Paul Dirac.
(b) Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
(c) Max Planck.
(d) Frederick Grover.
5. How should readers approach the person in question #32?
(a) The man's works should not be read by the average person.
(b) With the idea of refuting what he writes.
(c) With skepticism.
(d) With an open mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three topics are addressed in Part 1?
2. According to Einstein, what must Jews continue to do?
3. With what does religion deal?
4. What does Einstein warn the Progressive Education Association?
5. For what does Einstein admire Kepler?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)