|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, pp. 217-290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inertia cause?
(b) Circulation to be greatest just beyond the place of greatest curvature.
(c) A tendency to move faster once propeled.
(d) A slow-down in electron movement the closer one is to the gravitation pull of the sun.
2. Who is is the "noblest man of our times" and a natural leader?
(a) The engineer Joseph Popper-Lynkaeus.
(b) The Dutch physicist H. A. Lorentz.
(c) Mahatma Ghandi.
(d) J. Menniger.
3. When does Einstein get in touch with his Jewish heritage?
(a) After going to Germany.
(b) He never really does.
(c) After attending Jewish seminary.
(d) He does from an early age.
4. In what year is "Religion and Science" written?
5. What does Einstein say is the greatest change in physics since Newton?
(a) Faraday/Maxwell's work on electromagnetic phenomena.
(b) Tesla's theory of voltage.
(c) Edison's definition of ohms.
(d) The Planck theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein think humans act and think?
2. What happens when religious people insist the Bible is absolutely truth or when scientists render value judgments?
3. With the family eroding, society depends on the schools for what?
4. Where does Einstein present "Religion and Science"?
5. What has revived the sense of community, saved many lives, and provided joyous and creative work?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)