Essay Topic 1
In Einstein's essay, "My First Impressions of the U.S.A., he begins by talking about what he calls the "cult of individuals." Discuss the following:
1. What does Einstein mean by the phrase "cult of individuals"? Give examples.
2. Do you believe this "cult" is more or less prevalent in the United States in the first decade of the 21st century? Explain fully.
3. Discuss the pros and cons of a society based upon a "cult of individuals."
Essay Topic 2
Einstein makes a number of comparisons throughout his text. Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare the way labor is utilized in the United States to that of Europe and third-world countries. Give examples.
2. Compare the difference between the social milieu of the United States versus that of Europe.
3. Compare the attitude of Einstein towards women versus men throughout his book. Give specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
This section contains 1,493 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)