|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goring say he didn't propose to Mabel sooner?
2. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
3. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
4. Why doesn't Mabel like geniuses?
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley say modern women don't understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilde is a master of using little details that initially seem insignificant to make important points. Name three instances in which he uses small details to make a point. Identify each detail and discuss what Wilde uses the detail to say.
Essay Topic 2
Where does Wilde use symbolism in An Ideal Husband? What does/do the symbol(s) represent? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Wilde almost certainly has an opinion about the ideals people try to hold each other to. What do you think his opinion is on this topic? Why do you believe this? Provide examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)