|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goring say he didn't propose to Mabel sooner?
2. In Act 3, Part 1, who does Goring think is in his drawing room?
3. Sir Robert thinks Lady Chiltern might have been kinder to him if they had done what?
4. In Act 3, Part 2, what does Goring say is a dangerous thing?
5. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilde almost certainly has an opinion about the ideals people try to hold each other to. What do you think his opinion is on this topic? Why do you believe this? Provide examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Wilde use foreshadowing in An Ideal Husband? Name some instances of foreshadowing and what events or elements of the play they foreshadow. What purpose does Wilde's use of foreshadowing serve?
Essay Topic 3
Lady Chiltern's letter to Goring is worded in a very unclear manner. Why did Wilde word the letter in such a way? What effect does the letter have on the plot?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)