Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Goring prefer pluck over genius?
2. What happens to alert Sir Robert to the presence of someone in the next room when he is at Goring's?
3. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
4. What does Mabel tell Lady Chiltern is very unbecoming on Goring?
5. What does Lady Chiltern want to do about the theft of her letter to Goring?
Essay Topic 1
An Ideal Husband is certainly a commentary on ambition and how our ambitions can affect our lives. Where do we see ambition in the play and what effect does it have on the characters and the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Cheveley is clearly the antagonist of this play; however, the protagonist of the play isn't quite as clear since there are really three characters who undergo significant transformation through the course of the play. Identify who these three characters are and discuss the transformation each of them goes through. Provide evidence from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The climax of the play wraps up a number of misconceptions that occur during the course of the play. List and discuss at least three of the misconceptions, who is affected by them, and how they are resolved.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)