Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Goring prefer pluck over genius?
2. What happens to alert Sir Robert to the presence of someone in the next room when he is at Goring's?
3. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
4. What does Mabel tell Lady Chiltern is very unbecoming on Goring?
5. What does Lady Chiltern want to do about the theft of her letter to Goring?
Essay Topic 1
What is "the ideal husband" in the minds of Lady Chiltern and Mabel? Do their ideals differ? Do such ideals appear to be realistic? Provide evidence from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Wilde is a master of using little details that initially seem insignificant to make important points. Name three instances in which he uses small details to make a point. Identify each detail and discuss what Wilde uses the detail to say.
Essay Topic 3
What purpose does the character of Caversham serve? What comment does Wilde use him to make? Provide examples from the play.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)