|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Goring prefer pluck over genius?
2. What happens to alert Sir Robert to the presence of someone in the next room when he is at Goring's?
3. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
4. What does Mabel tell Lady Chiltern is very unbecoming on Goring?
5. What does Lady Chiltern want to do about the theft of her letter to Goring?
Essay Topic 1
The climax of the play wraps up a number of misconceptions that occur during the course of the play. List and discuss at least three of the misconceptions, who is affected by them, and how they are resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Wilde takes several jabs at politicians and the political world in this play. What can we infer about Wilde's own political opinions from this play? How does he feel about politicians and politics in general? Provide evidence from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Wilde almost certainly has an opinion about the ideals people try to hold each other to. What do you think his opinion is on this topic? Why do you believe this? Provide examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)