|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Goring like the name Laura?
2. Who does Goring say is the only person now in danger in Act 4, Part 1?
3. Why does Mabel want Lady Chiltern to talk to Tommy Trafford?
4. When Sir Robert leaves Goring's, whom does Goring think Sir Robert was talking about?
5. What happens to alert Sir Robert to the presence of someone in the next room when he is at Goring's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The climax of the play wraps up a number of misconceptions that occur during the course of the play. List and discuss at least three of the misconceptions, who is affected by them, and how they are resolved.
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the character of Caversham serve? What comment does Wilde use him to make? Provide examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Where does Wilde use symbolism in An Ideal Husband? What does/do the symbol(s) represent? Provide examples to support your answer.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)