|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Act 4 take place?
2. Why doesn't Goring like the name Laura?
3. What does Lady Markby say is the greatest blow to a happy married life since Higher Education of Women was invented?
4. Why does Sir Robert say spies are of no use nowadays?
5. Who does Mabel say is the most ornamental person in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Goring finally proposes to Mabel she accepts even though the proposal didn't occur in quite the way she hoped it would. Why do you think Goring's proposal is finally satisfactory with her even though it didn't quite meet her expectations? What does her acceptance of this less than ideal proposal say about her change in attitude toward marriage and all its trappings?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Wilde use symbolism in An Ideal Husband? What does/do the symbol(s) represent? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Wilde uses two dimensional characters for a specific purpose in this play. What is that purpose? Who are the two dimensional characters? How do they support your idea of the purpose of two dimensional characters?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)