|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goring say makes marriage such a hopeless, one-sided institution?
(a) The moral sense of women.
2. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her dressmaker.
3. How does Mrs. Cheveley say she got the brooch in Act 3, Part 2 when she is talking to Goring?
(a) She stole it.
(b) She bought it.
(c) She found it.
(d) It was a present.
4. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
(b) The government.
5. Why doesn't Mabel like geniuses?
(a) She doesn't like people who are smarter than her.
(b) She thinks they are quite impossible.
(c) She can't talk to them.
(d) She says they are pretentious.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Part 1, what event does Sir Robert say begins at eleven?
2. How does Lord Goring find out about the speech Sir Robert gave in the House of Commons?
3. Who does Goring say is the only person now in danger in Act 4, Part 1?
4. What does Sir Robert tell Lady Chiltern was her mistake after she learns his secret?
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley find at Goring's while she is waiting for him?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)