|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Markby say is the greatest blow to a happy married life since Higher Education of Women was invented?
(a) The House of Commons.
(b) London society parties.
(d) Mrs. Cheveley.
2. In Act 3, Part 1, what does Sir Robert say is the greatest thing in the world?
3. What does Caversham say aren't fashionable anymore?
(a) Neck ties.
(d) Dinner parties.
4. What does Mrs. Cheveley say modern women don't understand?
(b) The value of education.
(c) Good manners.
(d) Their husbands.
5. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The tip of a pen.
(b) A compass without a needle.
(c) A lovelorn teenager.
(d) A ship without a rudder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
2. What happens to alert Sir Robert to the presence of someone in the next room when he is at Goring's?
3. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
4. Why does Sir Robert say spies are of no use nowadays?
5. Why does Goring say he didn't propose to Mabel sooner?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)