|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Part 2, what does Goring say is a dangerous thing?
(b) Too much experience.
2. How does Lord Goring find out about the speech Sir Robert gave in the House of Commons?
(a) Sir Robert tells him.
(b) Caversham tells him.
(c) Lady Chiltern tells him.
(d) He attends the speech.
3. How does Goring describe his proposal to Mabel?
(a) The best moment of his life.
(b) A flash of genius.
(c) A terrible mistake.
(d) A job he had to do.
4. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
(a) Her friends.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her dressmaker.
5. Why does Goring say Mrs. Cheveley knows nothing about love?
(a) She's never been in love.
(b) She's too mean.
(c) She is only in love with herself.
(d) She is far too clever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goring claim to have gotten the brooch while talking to Mrs. Cheveley?
2. To whom does Goring say "Fashion is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what other people wear"?
3. What proof does Goring have that Mrs. Cheveley had stolen the brooch?
4. Who says Lord Goring isn't good enough for Mabel?
5. How does Goring reply when Caversham asks why he doesn't try to do something useful in life?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)