|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cheveley say one should never give a woman?
(a) Anything she cannot wear in the evening.
(b) Too much credit.
(c) Your heart.
2. Why doesn't Goring like to know what people are saying behind his back?
(a) It makes him too conceited.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) They're all fools anyway.
(d) It hurts his feelings.
3. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
(b) Her dressmaker.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her friends.
4. What does Mrs. Cheveley say modern women don't understand?
(a) The value of education.
(c) Good manners.
(d) Their husbands.
5. When Sir Robert leaves Goring's, whom does Goring think Sir Robert was talking about?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(c) Mrs. Cheveley.
(d) Lady Markby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goring say Mrs. Cheveley knows nothing about love?
2. Who says, "When a man has once loved a woman, he will do anything for her, except continue to love her"?
3. In Act 3, Part 1, what does Sir Robert say is the greatest thing in the world?
4. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say talks more and says less than anybody she's ever met?
5. What is Tommy Trafford's occupation?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)