|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lord Goring find out about the speech Sir Robert gave in the House of Commons?
(a) Sir Robert tells him.
(b) Caversham tells him.
(c) Lady Chiltern tells him.
(d) He attends the speech.
2. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
(a) The government.
3. Who does Caversham say has no common sense at all?
(d) Lady Chiltern.
4. What does Sir Robert tell Lady Chiltern was her mistake after she learns his secret?
(a) To think he was without faults.
(b) To expect him to remain a politician.
(c) To love him.
(d) To marry him.
5. Who does Goring say is the only person now in danger in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(d) Mrs. Cheveley.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mabel, what does a man say to a girl before he marries her and never after?
2. Sir Robert thinks Lady Chiltern might have been kinder to him if they had done what?
3. Why does Lord Goring prefer pluck over genius?
4. In Act 3, Part 1, what does Sir Robert say is the greatest thing in the world?
5. How does Goring describe his proposal to Mabel?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)