|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does Goring deliver to Lady Chiltern in Act 4, Part 1?
(a) Mrs. Cheveley has left town.
(b) He burned Sir Robert's letter.
(c) Mrs. Cheveley confessed she never had a letter.
(d) Sir Robert denounced the Argentine Canal scheme.
2. In Act 3, Part 1, what event does Sir Robert say begins at eleven?
(a) Lady Chiltern's tea party.
(b) The debate on the Argentine Canal.
(c) Mrs. Cheveley's trial.
(d) The Bachelor's Ball.
3. Who does Mabel say is the most ornamental person in London?
(b) Lady Chiltern.
(c) Mrs. Cheveley.
4. After Sir Robert leaves Lady Chiltern and Lord Goring in Act 2, what subject does Lady Chiltern want to discuss with Goring?
(a) Mrs. Cheveley.
(d) Sir Robert.
5. In Act 3, Part 1, what does Sir Robert say is the greatest thing in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mabel, what does a man say to a girl before he marries her and never after?
2. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
3. What reason does Goring give for never having a serious conversation after seven?
4. What does Lady Markby say Lady Bonar's new genius does?
5. Who says Lord Goring isn't good enough for Mabel?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)