|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Goring prefer pluck over genius?
(a) It's not as common as genius is.
(b) He's a plucky person.
(c) Geniuses are boring.
(d) People with pluck are more successful.
2. What happens to alert Sir Robert to the presence of someone in the next room when he is at Goring's?
(a) He hears a door close.
(b) Someone coughs.
(c) A chair falls over.
(d) He hears laughing.
3. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
(a) She needs to meet with him.
(b) She is too shy to talk to him.
(c) She is planning to leave Sir Robert and needs his help.
(d) She is in love with him.
4. What does Mabel tell Lady Chiltern is very unbecoming on Goring?
(d) Foul language.
5. What does Lady Chiltern want to do about the theft of her letter to Goring?
(a) Tell Sir Robert everything.
(b) Intercept it before it gets to Sir Robert.
(c) Have Mrs. Cheveley's house ransacked for the letter.
(d) Forget about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When a man has once loved a woman, he will do anything for her, except continue to love her"?
2. Why do Lady Markby and Mrs. Cheveley say they've come to call on Mrs. Chiltern in Act 2, Part 2?
3. What does Goring want Lady Chiltern to do after he reads her letter?
4. What does Mrs. Cheveley say modern women don't understand?
5. What reason does Goring give for never having a serious conversation after seven?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)