|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cheveley say one should never give a woman?
(b) Anything she cannot wear in the evening.
(c) Your heart.
(d) Too much credit.
2. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A compass without a needle.
(b) The tip of a pen.
(c) A lovelorn teenager.
(d) A ship without a rudder.
3. What reason does Goring give for never having a serious conversation after seven?
(a) He can never sleep after a serious conversation.
(b) He finds them too boring.
(c) Nights are for fun.
(d) It makes him talk in his sleep.
4. Why does Sir Robert say spies are of no use nowadays?
(a) They cost too much.
(b) They are too lazy to work.
(c) No one has any secrets.
(d) The newspapers do their work instead.
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Mrs. Cheveley promise Goring?
(a) She'll never ask him to marry her again.
(b) She will leave town and never return.
(c) She will never try to harm Sir Robert again.
(d) She'll destroy Sir Robert's letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goring say only dull people ever get into?
2. To whom does Goring say "Fashion is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what other people wear"?
3. How does Goring suggest to Lady Chiltern that she handle the theft of her letter to Goring?
4. Who says Lord Goring isn't good enough for Mabel?
5. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say she hates now more than ever in Act 3, Part 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)