|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Cheveley say she got the brooch in Act 3, Part 2 when she is talking to Goring?
(a) She bought it.
(b) She found it.
(c) She stole it.
(d) It was a present.
2. According to Caversham, what does <i>The Times</i> say about Robert following his speech?
(a) He's obviously misinformed.
(b) He should be thrown out of office.
(c) He's a cad.
(d) He represents what's best in English public life.
3. What does Goring say makes marriage such a hopeless, one-sided institution?
(b) The moral sense of women.
4. In Act 3, Part 2, when does Mrs. Cheveley say she wants Goring to promise to marry her?
(b) By week's end.
(d) After Sir Robert's ruin.
5. What does Sir Robert tell Lady Chiltern was her mistake after she learns his secret?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To love him.
(c) To think he was without faults.
(d) To expect him to remain a politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Cheveley come to visit Goring at his home?
2. What does Mrs. Cheveley reveal to Goring as she leaves his house?
3. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
4. What does Goring say only dull people ever get into?
5. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)