|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Goring like to know what people are saying behind his back?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) They're all fools anyway.
(c) It hurts his feelings.
(d) It makes him too conceited.
2. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A lovelorn teenager.
(b) The tip of a pen.
(c) A compass without a needle.
(d) A ship without a rudder.
3. What kind of woman does Goring say he'd like to marry?
(a) A woman with a good sense of humor.
(b) The prettiest fool in England.
(c) A successful woman.
(d) A woman with intelligence.
4. In Act 3, Part 1, what does Sir Robert say is the greatest thing in the world?
5. What does Sir Robert say his sources found out about Mrs. Cheveley?
(a) She is a thief.
(b) She once worked as a prostitute.
(d) She cheated while in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When a man has once loved a woman, he will do anything for her, except continue to love her"?
2. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
3. What proof does Goring have that Mrs. Cheveley had stolen the brooch?
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Mrs. Cheveley promise Goring?
5. What does Goring say makes marriage such a hopeless, one-sided institution?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)