|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Robert tell Lady Chiltern was her mistake after she learns his secret?
(a) To expect him to remain a politician.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To think he was without faults.
(d) To love him.
2. According to Caversham, what does <i>The Times</i> say about Robert following his speech?
(a) He's obviously misinformed.
(b) He should be thrown out of office.
(c) He's a cad.
(d) He represents what's best in English public life.
3. Why does Caversham visit Goring in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) To convince Goring to get married.
(b) To invite Goring to dinner.
(c) To discuss Goring's career.
(d) To convince Goring to stay away from Mabel.
4. According to Goring, life can't be understood and lived without what?
5. What kind of woman does Goring say he'd like to marry?
(a) The prettiest fool in England.
(b) A woman with intelligence.
(c) A woman with a good sense of humor.
(d) A successful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Goring say "Fashion is what one wears oneself. What is unfashionable is what other people wear"?
2. How does Goring claim to have gotten the brooch while talking to Mrs. Cheveley?
3. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
4. How does Mrs. Cheveley say she got the brooch in Act 3, Part 2 when she is talking to Goring?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Mrs. Cheveley promise Goring?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)