|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goring say Mrs. Cheveley knows nothing about love?
(a) She's never been in love.
(b) She is only in love with herself.
(c) She's too mean.
(d) She is far too clever.
2. What does Lady Chiltern want to do about the theft of her letter to Goring?
(a) Intercept it before it gets to Sir Robert.
(b) Forget about it.
(c) Tell Sir Robert everything.
(d) Have Mrs. Cheveley's house ransacked for the letter.
3. How does Lord Goring find out about the speech Sir Robert gave in the House of Commons?
(a) Lady Chiltern tells him.
(b) Caversham tells him.
(c) He attends the speech.
(d) Sir Robert tells him.
4. Who does Caversham say has no common sense at all?
(b) Lady Chiltern.
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley do to keep Goring from calling the police?
(a) Begs his forgiveness.
(b) Offers Goring money.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Gives him Sir Robert's letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goring say only dull people ever get into?
2. What does Mrs. Cheveley say one should never give a woman?
3. What does Goring want Lady Chiltern to do after he reads her letter?
4. Why doesn't Mabel like geniuses?
5. What does Goring say makes marriage such a hopeless, one-sided institution?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)