|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cheveley say one should never give a woman?
(a) Too much credit.
(c) Your heart.
(d) Anything she cannot wear in the evening.
2. How does Goring claim to have gotten the brooch while talking to Mrs. Cheveley?
(a) He bought it at a pawn shop.
(b) He found it.
(c) It was a gift.
(d) He stole it.
3. What does Sir Robert tell Lady Chiltern was her mistake after she learns his secret?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To expect him to remain a politician.
(c) To love him.
(d) To think he was without faults.
4. When does Act 4 take place?
(a) Two weeks later.
(b) The evening of Mrs. Cheveley's visit to Goring's.
(c) The morning after Act 3.
(d) Immediately after Mrs. Cheveley leaves Goring's.
5. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say has only two topics of conversation--his gout and his wife?
(b) Lord Mortlake.
(c) Tommy Trafford.
(d) Sir Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sir Robert say spies are of no use nowadays?
2. Why does Lady Markby want Sir John to be sent to the Upper House?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Cheveley think life has taught Lady Chiltern anything?
4. Sir Robert thinks Lady Chiltern might have been kinder to him if they had done what?
5. How does Goring suggest to Lady Chiltern that she handle the theft of her letter to Goring?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)