|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say has only two topics of conversation--his gout and his wife?
(a) Lord Mortlake.
(c) Sir Robert.
(d) Tommy Trafford.
2. What does Mrs. Cheveley say one should never give a woman?
(a) Anything she cannot wear in the evening.
(b) Your heart.
(d) Too much credit.
3. Why doesn't Goring like the name Laura?
(a) Because it is his mother's name.
(b) Because it's Mrs. Cheveley's first name and he used to adore it.
(c) Because it's an ugly name.
(d) Because he can never spell it correctly.
4. What reason does Mrs. Cheveley give for her passion for listening through keyholes?
(a) You can hear wonderful things through them.
(b) The best secrets occur behind closed doors.
(c) She once heard Goring confess his love for her through a keyhole.
(d) She makes her living by blackmailing others based on what she hears.
5. What reason does Goring give for never having a serious conversation after seven?
(a) Nights are for fun.
(b) He can never sleep after a serious conversation.
(c) He finds them too boring.
(d) It makes him talk in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Goring like to know what people are saying behind his back?
2. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
3. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
4. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
5. What does Lady Chiltern want to do about the theft of her letter to Goring?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)