|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caversham say has no common sense at all?
(b) Lady Chiltern.
2. What does Lady Markby say is the greatest blow to a happy married life since Higher Education of Women was invented?
(b) London society parties.
(c) The House of Commons.
(d) Mrs. Cheveley.
3. What does Mrs. Cheveley do to keep Goring from calling the police?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Begs his forgiveness.
(c) Offers Goring money.
(d) Gives him Sir Robert's letter.
4. In Act 3, Part 1, what event does Sir Robert say begins at eleven?
(a) The debate on the Argentine Canal.
(b) The Bachelor's Ball.
(c) Mrs. Cheveley's trial.
(d) Lady Chiltern's tea party.
5. Why do Lady Markby and Mrs. Cheveley say they've come to call on Mrs. Chiltern in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) To see if anyone found Mrs. Cheveley's diamond brooch.
(b) To bring her a gift.
(c) To discuss Sir Robert.
(d) To thank her for the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say has only two topics of conversation--his gout and his wife?
2. Why does Mrs. Cheveley come to visit Goring at his home?
3. In Act 3, Part 1, what does Sir Robert say is the greatest thing in the world?
4. According to Goring, life can't be understood and lived without what?
5. When Sir Robert leaves Goring's, whom does Goring think Sir Robert was talking about?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)