|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mabel want Lady Chiltern to talk to Tommy Trafford?
(a) He's making poor decisions.
(b) She wants him to propose to her.
(c) He keeps proposing to Mabel.
(d) He's very unhappy.
2. Why doesn't Goring like to know what people are saying behind his back?
(a) It hurts his feelings.
(b) They're all fools anyway.
(c) It makes him too conceited.
(d) He gets angry.
3. How does Goring suggest to Lady Chiltern that she handle the theft of her letter to Goring?
(a) Tell him she didn't write it.
(b) Forget about it.
(c) Steal the letter back.
(d) Tell Sir Robert everything.
4. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
(a) She is too shy to talk to him.
(b) She needs to meet with him.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is planning to leave Sir Robert and needs his help.
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley say one should never give a woman?
(a) Too much credit.
(b) Your heart.
(c) Anything she cannot wear in the evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Act 4 take place?
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Mrs. Cheveley promise Goring?
3. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
4. How does Lord Goring find out about the speech Sir Robert gave in the House of Commons?
5. What happens to alert Sir Robert to the presence of someone in the next room when he is at Goring's?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)