Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Mrs. Cheveley promise Goring?
(a) She will leave town and never return.
(b) She will never try to harm Sir Robert again.
(c) She'll destroy Sir Robert's letter.
(d) She'll never ask him to marry her again.
2. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say has only two topics of conversation--his gout and his wife?
(b) Tommy Trafford.
(c) Lord Mortlake.
(d) Sir Robert.
3. Why doesn't Mabel like geniuses?
(a) She can't talk to them.
(b) She says they are pretentious.
(c) She thinks they are quite impossible.
(d) She doesn't like people who are smarter than her.
4. How does Goring reply when Caversham asks why he doesn't try to do something useful in life?
(a) Usefulness is dull.
(b) He just doesn't want to.
(c) He's already doing something useful.
(d) He says he's too young.
5. With whom does Caversham agree when she says one can never believe a word Goring says?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(b) Mrs. Cheveley.
(d) Lady Markby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Robert thinks Lady Chiltern might have been kinder to him if they had done what?
2. Why does Lord Goring prefer pluck over genius?
3. How does Goring claim to have gotten the brooch while talking to Mrs. Cheveley?
4. Who proposes to Mabel before Goring does so in Act 4?
5. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)