|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caversham say has no common sense at all?
(c) Lady Chiltern.
2. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A lovelorn teenager.
(b) A compass without a needle.
(c) A ship without a rudder.
(d) The tip of a pen.
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Mrs. Cheveley promise Goring?
(a) She will never try to harm Sir Robert again.
(b) She will leave town and never return.
(c) She'll never ask him to marry her again.
(d) She'll destroy Sir Robert's letter.
4. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say has only two topics of conversation--his gout and his wife?
(a) Tommy Trafford.
(b) Lord Mortlake.
(c) Sir Robert.
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley reveal to Goring as she leaves his house?
(a) She has Lady Chiltern's letter to Goring.
(b) She still has Sir Robert's letter.
(c) She never loved him.
(d) She is still married to Baron Arnheim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Goring like to know what people are saying behind his back?
2. Why doesn't Mrs. Cheveley think life has taught Lady Chiltern anything?
3. Who says, "When a man has once loved a woman, he will do anything for her, except continue to love her"?
4. What is Tommy Trafford's occupation?
5. What reason does Mrs. Cheveley give for her passion for listening through keyholes?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)