|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes to Mabel before Goring does so in Act 4?
(a) Tommy Trafford.
(d) Lord Devonshire.
2. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A compass without a needle.
(b) A lovelorn teenager.
(c) The tip of a pen.
(d) A ship without a rudder.
3. In Act 3, Part 1, what does Sir Robert say is the greatest thing in the world?
4. What does Mrs. Cheveley reveal to Goring as she leaves his house?
(a) She never loved him.
(b) She is still married to Baron Arnheim.
(c) She has Lady Chiltern's letter to Goring.
(d) She still has Sir Robert's letter.
5. Why does Mabel want Lady Chiltern to talk to Tommy Trafford?
(a) He keeps proposing to Mabel.
(b) He's very unhappy.
(c) He's making poor decisions.
(d) She wants him to propose to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Cheveley think life has taught Lady Chiltern anything?
2. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
3. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
4. How does Goring suggest to Lady Chiltern that she handle the theft of her letter to Goring?
5. After Sir Robert leaves Lady Chiltern and Lord Goring in Act 2, what subject does Lady Chiltern want to discuss with Goring?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)