|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Goring say Mrs. Cheveley stole the brooch from?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(c) Lady Berkshire.
2. Why does Lady Chiltern write a letter to Goring?
(a) She is too shy to talk to him.
(b) She needs to meet with him.
(c) She is planning to leave Sir Robert and needs his help.
(d) She is in love with him.
3. How does Goring claim to have gotten the brooch while talking to Mrs. Cheveley?
(a) It was a gift.
(b) He bought it at a pawn shop.
(c) He stole it.
(d) He found it.
4. How does Mrs. Cheveley say she got the brooch in Act 3, Part 2 when she is talking to Goring?
(a) It was a present.
(b) She bought it.
(c) She stole it.
(d) She found it.
5. Who says Lord Goring isn't good enough for Mabel?
(a) Sir Robert.
(b) Lord Goring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes to Mabel before Goring does so in Act 4?
2. Why doesn't Goring like the name Laura?
3. Why does Goring say he didn't propose to Mabel sooner?
4. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
5. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say has only two topics of conversation--his gout and his wife?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)