|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Robert say spies are of no use nowadays?
(a) They cost too much.
(b) No one has any secrets.
(c) The newspapers do their work instead.
(d) They are too lazy to work.
2. What does Mrs. Cheveley do to keep Goring from calling the police?
(a) Begs his forgiveness.
(b) Offers Goring money.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Gives him Sir Robert's letter.
3. According to Mabel, what does a man say to a girl before he marries her and never after?
(a) I love you.
(b) What is your opinion?
(c) Tell me how you feel.
(d) Please be serious.
4. How does Goring suggest to Lady Chiltern that she handle the theft of her letter to Goring?
(a) Steal the letter back.
(b) Forget about it.
(c) Tell him she didn't write it.
(d) Tell Sir Robert everything.
5. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say she hates now more than ever in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Sir Robert.
(c) Lady Chiltern.
(d) Baron Arnheim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
2. What does Mrs. Cheveley find at Goring's while she is waiting for him?
3. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
4. Who says Lord Goring isn't good enough for Mabel?
5. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)