Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Act 2 take place?
(a) The evening after the Chiltern's party.
(b) Mid morning on the day after the Chiltern's party.
(c) Three months after the Chiltern's party
(d) At Christmas time.
2. If Sir Robert meets Mrs. Cheveley's demands, what will she give him with the prettiest thanks?
(a) A recommendation to the House of Commons.
(c) A kiss.
(d) The letter.
3. In Act 1, Part 2, who says, "I like tedious, practical subjects. What I don't like are tedious, practical people"?
(b) Lord Caversham.
(c) Sir Robert.
(d) Mrs. Cheveley.
4. What is Lady Chiltern's first name?
5. In Act 2, Part 1, what event does Goring tell Sir Robert he'll be attending that evening?
(a) The Queen's Ball.
(b) A poker game.
(c) A political rally.
(d) The Bachelor's Ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Goring call the item Mabel finds?
2. How long does Lady Chiltern say it's been since she and Vicomte De Nanjac last saw each other?
3. Who does Mrs. Cheveley tell Sir Robert advised her to invest in the Argentine Canal Company?
4. Who says, "As a rule, everybody turns out to be somebody else"?
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley want Sir Robert to say about the Argentine Canal project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Mabel interested in men who have a future?
2. Why doesn't Goring think women are meant to judge?
3. What is Goring frustrated about as Act 4 opens?
4. How does Lady Chiltern feel when she first learns that Sir Robert sold a cabinet secret?
5. Why does Sir Robert think someone has been listening in on his conversation with Goring while he's at Goring's house?
6. How does Goring finally get Mrs. Cheveley to give him Sir Robert's letter?
7. Why does Caversham think he should be the one to choose a wife for Goring?
8. In Act 2, Part 2, what error does Sir Robert say all women make?
9. Why does Sir Robert say it was so important to him to achieve success when he was young?
10. What conclusion did Sir Robert jump to when he found Mrs. Cheveley at Goring's house?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)