|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes charge of the item Mabel finds in the couch?
(b) Sir Robert.
(d) Mrs. Chiltern.
2. Why does Sir Robert think it would be useless for Goring to talk to Lady Chiltern about life?
(a) Nothing could make her change her views.
(b) She's not smart enough to understand.
(c) She already knows everything there is to know.
(d) She won't believe Goring.
3. According to Lady Markby, what's better than light intellectual pressure?
(b) A good kiss.
4. From what meeting does Lady Chiltern return from in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The Lady's Aid Society meeting.
(b) A church meeting.
(c) The Women's Liberal Association meeting.
(d) The library board meeting.
5. What does Lady Chiltern tell Goring he'd find interesting about her meeting in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) The women.
(d) The refreshments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message in the letter that Mrs. Cheveley plans to blackmail Sir Robert with?
2. Why does Lady Chiltern say she'll always love Sir Robert in Act 1, Part 3?
3. During Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Cheveley say we all must do sooner or later?
4. What does Sir Robert say are the only two fashionable religions?
5. According to Goring, what can't women discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lord Goring say the men in the House of Commons stand the long debates that take place?
2. What does Goring want from Sir Robert in return for his getting the letter to Baron Arnheim back?
3. What does Goring tell Lady Chiltern will happen if she allows Sir Robert to sacrifice his career?
4. What benefits does Sir Robert claim to have gained from his success?
5. What reason does Lady Markby give for the people in the park not looking so fresh?
6. Why does Goring tell Lady Chiltern that no one is incapable of foolish actions in Act 2, Part 2?
7. In Act 1, Part 3, what is the one thing that Lady Chiltern implies would cause her to leave her husband?
8. What strange request does Goring make of Mabel regarding the brooch Mabel finds?
9. What does Sir Robert do after Mrs. Cheveley brings up Baron Arnheim that shows he is uncomfortable with the whole conversation?
10. What about Lady Chiltern's letter catches Mrs. Cheveley's eye when she is in Goring's drawing room?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)