|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Mrs. Cheveley know about Sir Robert?
(a) He had an affair.
(b) He has an illegitimate child.
(c) The real origin of his wealth.
(d) He was once poor.
2. What does Goring say it's a good thing for most of us that life is not?
3. How much does Sir Robert reveal he received from Baron Arnheim?
(a) 15,000 pounds.
(c) 110,000 pounds.
(d) A good job.
4. According to Lady Markby, what's better than light intellectual pressure?
(b) A good kiss.
5. During the Chiltern's dinner party, where does Mrs. Cheveley say she will be the next night at half past eleven?
(a) In the Ladies Gallery.
(b) At Baron Arnheim's house.
(c) At Sir Robert's door.
(d) At Gorings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lady Chiltern say it's been since she and Vicomte De Nanjac last saw each other?
2. What does Mrs. Cheveley want Sir Robert to say about the Argentine Canal project?
3. For what reason does Mrs. Cheveley say she returned to London in Act 1, Part 1?
4. What does Mrs. Cheveley tell Sir Robert won't survive a scandal?
5. How well did Goring know Mrs. Cheveley in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir Robert say it was so important to him to achieve success when he was young?
2. In Act 2, Part 2, what does Goring say to criticize Lady Chiltern?
3. How does Sir Robert initially react to the Prime Minister's offer of a seat in the cabinet?
4. How has Sir Robert eased his conscience over the years since selling the cabinet secret?
5. Mrs. Cheveley gives Sir Robert a piece of advice about dealing with their pasts. What does she tell him they all must do?
6. What reason does Lady Markby give for the people in the park not looking so fresh?
7. Why is Mabel angry with Goring in Act 4, Part 1?
8. How does Goring finally get Mrs. Cheveley to give him Sir Robert's letter?
9. What does Goring tell Lady Chiltern will happen if she allows Sir Robert to sacrifice his career?
10. In Act 2, Part 2, what error does Sir Robert say all women make?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)