|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Cheveley tell Sir Robert advised her to invest in the Argentine Canal Company?
(a) Her father.
(b) Baron Arnheim.
(d) Lady Chiltern.
2. During Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Cheveley say we all must do sooner or later?
(b) Get older.
(d) Pay for what we do.
3. What does Mrs. Cheveley want Sir Robert to say about the Argentine Canal project?
(a) It would improve international relations.
(b) It would be a great international value.
(c) It would be a waste of money.
(d) It is unsafe.
4. What does Lady Chiltern say gives one an instinct to things?
(c) Social standing.
5. In Act 1, Part 1, what is needed at the embassy to prevent the ambassador from being recalled?
(a) Proper manners.
(b) A good chef.
(c) A proper invitation.
(d) Good security.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank. Lady Chiltern says, "We women worship when we love; and when we lose our worship, we lose ________."
2. When does Act 2 take place?
3. Why does Goring say he loves to talk about nothing?
4. What is the message in the letter that Mrs. Cheveley plans to blackmail Sir Robert with?
5. What does Sir Robert tell Lady Chiltern has different laws?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Mrs. Marchmont give for hating being educated?
2. In Act 2, Part 2, what error does Sir Robert say all women make?
3. What does Mrs. Cheveley initially do to try to convince Sir Robert to speak in favor of the Argentine Canal?
4. Why does Mrs. Cheveley accuse Goring of being "absurdly English"?
5. How does Lord Goring say the men in the House of Commons stand the long debates that take place?
6. In Act 3, Part 2, what does Sir Robert say is the real motive behind Mrs. Cheveley blackmailing Sir Robert?
7. What does Sir Robert do after Mrs. Cheveley brings up Baron Arnheim that shows he is uncomfortable with the whole conversation?
8. What characteristic does Goring say Sir Robert's denunciation of the Argentine Canal scheme show?
9. What does Goring tell Mrs. Cheveley is the drawback of stealing something?
10. Why does Goring enjoy political parties?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)