|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Goring stay longer at the Chiltern's in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) He's bored.
(b) He has to work the next day.
(c) He promised to stop by the Harlocks'.
(d) He is tired.
2. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what do Englishmen always get after a good meal?
(a) A good cigar.
(b) A cup of tea.
3. Who says, "As a rule, everybody turns out to be somebody else"?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(d) Lady Markby.
4. Who does Mrs. Cheveley tell Sir Robert advised her to invest in the Argentine Canal Company?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(b) Baron Arnheim.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley consider fame on the continent for Sir Robert in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) He is recognized by many people.
(b) His name is spelled right in the newspaper.
(c) He is a politician.
(d) He has a beautiful wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Act 2 take place?
2. How does Mrs. Cheveley say she stays young and beautiful?
3. If Sir Robert meets Mrs. Cheveley's demands, what will she give him with the prettiest thanks?
4. What does Sir Robert tell Mrs. Cheveley he thinks of the Argentine Canal Company when she first brings it up?
5. What secret does Mrs. Cheveley know about Sir Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goring say is the purpose of visiting someone?
2. Why is Mrs. Cheveley so interested in the success or failure of the Argentine Canal?
3. Why does Sir Robert think it so unfair that the scandal revealed in his letter to Baron Arnheim should surface now?
4. Why isn't Mabel interested in men who have a future?
5. What is Goring frustrated about as Act 4 opens?
6. What does Mabel say she wants to be to Goring in their marriage?
7. Why is Lady Chiltern taken aback by what Mrs. Cheveley says to her as she leaves the party at the Chiltern home?
8. What is Goring's reaction to Mabel's revelation in Act 1, Part 1, that she does not like Mrs. Cheveley?
9. What condition does Mrs. Cheveley set for her giving Sir Robert's letter to Goring?
10. What does Lady Chiltern think of Mrs. Cheveley after meeting her in Act 1?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)