|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Chiltern, what is the only way that people should be judged?
(a) By their social connections.
(b) By their economic status.
(c) By their intellect.
(d) By their past.
2. What does Goring say a woman wearing too much rouge and not enough clothing is?
(b) Too low born for his time.
(c) A sign of despair.
(d) A prostitute.
3. How old was Sir Robert when he wrote the letter to Baron Arnheim?
4. In Act 1, Part 1, how is Goring described?
(a) As a flawless dandy.
(b) As a dull aristocrat.
(c) As an exceptional politician.
(d) As a clever, serious man.
5. Where does Lady Chiltern say she and Mrs. Cheveley have met before?
(a) At Mrs. Cheveley's wedding.
(b) In school.
(c) At Goring's house.
(d) At a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Markby, what's better than light intellectual pressure?
2. What does Sir Robert say he had the double misfortune of being born?
3. According to Lady Markby, what is fashionable in marriage nowadays?
4. What does Sir Robert say that sooner or later one must do in political life?
5. In what season does Mrs. Cheveley say people are either hunting for husbands or hiding from them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goring feel about Sir Robert's selling the cabinet secret to gain his success?
2. Why does Caversham say that bachelors are no longer in fashion?
3. How does Mrs. Cheveley plan to use the letter Sir Robert wrote to Baron Arnheim regarding the Argentine Canal?
4. What strange request does Goring make of Mabel regarding the brooch Mabel finds?
5. What does Goring say is the difference between mothers and fathers?
6. Mrs. Cheveley gives Sir Robert a piece of advice about dealing with their pasts. What does she tell him they all must do?
7. How does Lady Chiltern feel when she first learns that Sir Robert sold a cabinet secret?
8. What does Goring tell Mrs. Cheveley is the drawback of stealing something?
9. Why does Sir Robert think it so unfair that the scandal revealed in his letter to Baron Arnheim should surface now?
10. Why does Goring enjoy political parties?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)