|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Goring call the item Mabel finds?
(a) A pin.
(b) A bracelet.
(d) A useless bit of fluff.
2. What does Sir Robert say are the only two fashionable religions?
(a) Politics and Society.
(b) Optimism and Pessimism.
(c) Money and Power.
(d) Catholic and Lutheran.
3. Who says, "I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it."
(c) Sir Robert.
(d) Lady Chiltern.
4. In what season does Mrs. Cheveley say people are either hunting for husbands or hiding from them?
(c) The London season.
(d) The holiday season.
5. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what used to lend charm, or at least interest, to a man?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Goring say is "never of any use to oneself"?
2. What does Lady Chiltern tell Goring he'd find interesting about her meeting in Act 1, Part 2?
3. What does Lord Goring say he gets rid of as soon as possible?
4. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what was considered excessively vulgar and middle class in the old days?
5. How does Lord Goring describe seeing Mrs. Cheveley at the Chiltern's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lady Chiltern taken aback by what Mrs. Cheveley says to her as she leaves the party at the Chiltern home?
2. What does Goring tell Mrs. Cheveley is the drawback of stealing something?
3. Why is Mrs. Cheveley so interested in the success or failure of the Argentine Canal?
4. Why does Sir Robert say it was so important to him to achieve success when he was young?
5. Why is Mabel angry with Goring in Act 4, Part 1?
6. How does Mrs. Cheveley plan to use the letter Sir Robert wrote to Baron Arnheim regarding the Argentine Canal?
7. When Goring comments that Mrs. Cheveley is just as willful as she used to be, why does Mrs. Cheveley say she has actually improved?
8. What strange request does Goring make of Mabel regarding the brooch Mabel finds?
9. Why does Caversham say that bachelors are no longer in fashion?
10. What does Mabel say she wants to be to Goring in their marriage?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)