|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 2, who says, "I like tedious, practical subjects. What I don't like are tedious, practical people"?
(b) Lord Caversham.
(c) Sir Robert.
(d) Mrs. Cheveley.
2. How long does Lady Chiltern say it's been since she and Vicomte De Nanjac last saw each other?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
3. According to Mrs. Marchmont, who throws tedious parties?
(a) Lord Caversham.
(b) The Hartlocks.
(c) Mrs. Cheveley.
(d) Sir Robert.
4. What reason does Lord Caversham give for never going anywhere?
(a) He is sick of London society.
(b) His wife won't let him.
(c) No one invites him anywhere.
(d) He is disabled.
5. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what used to lend charm, or at least interest, to a man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Robert say are the only two fashionable religions?
2. How much does Sir Robert reveal he received from Baron Arnheim?
3. According to Goring, what can't women discover?
4. What does Sir Robert offer Mrs. Cheveley in Act 1, Part 2?
5. Who takes charge of the item Mabel finds in the couch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cheveley tell Sir Robert is the difference between scandals in the old days and scandals in the present?
2. Why doesn't Goring want a thoroughly sensible wife?
3. What does Sir Robert do after Mrs. Cheveley brings up Baron Arnheim that shows he is uncomfortable with the whole conversation?
4. How does Goring feel about Sir Robert's selling the cabinet secret to gain his success?
5. What does Goring tell Lady Chiltern will happen if she allows Sir Robert to sacrifice his career?
6. What about Sir Robert does Lady Chiltern say makes him different from other men?
7. How does Sir Robert describe terror in Act 2, Part 1?
8. What benefits does Sir Robert claim to have gained from his success?
9. What reason does Lady Markby give for the people in the park not looking so fresh?
10. How does Goring know that the brooch can also be worn as a bracelet?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)