|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Robert offer Mrs. Cheveley in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A good word to Goring.
(b) A brooch.
(c) Any sum of money she wants.
(d) A high position in London society.
2. Why does Mabel say she dislikes pearls?
(a) They make one look so plain, good, and intellectual.
(b) They have no color.
(c) Only old ladies wear pearls.
(d) They're not as expensive as diamonds.
3. Which character says she's a little too old now to trouble about setting a good example?
(b) Lady Chiltern.
(c) Mrs. Cheveley.
(d) Lady Markby.
4. What does Sir Robert say that sooner or later one must do in political life?
(a) Lose an election.
5. What does Lady Chiltern say gives one an instinct to things?
(a) Social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Cheveley say everyone has?
2. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Goring tell Sir Robert he should have done with Lady Chiltern?
3. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Goring call the item Mabel finds?
4. Why does Goring say people are pleased to find out about other people's secrets?
5. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Goring say is "never of any use to oneself"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)