|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts the lights out at the end of Act 1?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(c) Sir Robert.
2. What does Sir Robert say that sooner or later one must do in political life?
(b) Lose an election.
3. What secret does Mrs. Cheveley know about Sir Robert?
(a) He had an affair.
(b) He has an illegitimate child.
(c) The real origin of his wealth.
(d) He was once poor.
4. Why does Mrs. Cheveley say science cannot grapple with the problem of women?
(a) Only God can explain women.
(b) Science can never grapple with the irrational.
(c) Women are too complicated.
(d) Science is a man's field.
5. If Sir Robert meets Mrs. Cheveley's demands, what will she give him with the prettiest thanks?
(b) A kiss.
(c) The letter.
(d) A recommendation to the House of Commons.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Markby, what is fashionable in marriage nowadays?
2. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what used to lend charm, or at least interest, to a man?
3. What does Sir Robert tell Mrs. Cheveley he thinks of the Argentine Canal Company when she first brings it up?
4. What does Sir Robert offer Mrs. Cheveley in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Sir Robert tell Lady Chiltern has different laws?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)