|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sir Robert reply to Lady Chiltern in Act 1, Part 3 when she asks about his change of view on the report from the Commission regarding the Argentine Canal scheme?
(a) He is angry and refuses to answer her.
(b) He believes the Commission was misinformed.
(c) He has received proof that the Commission is wrong.
(d) He simply changed his mind.
2. What reason does Lord Caversham give for never going anywhere?
(a) He is sick of London society.
(b) He is disabled.
(c) His wife won't let him.
(d) No one invites him anywhere.
3. Why does Goring say he loves to talk about nothing?
(a) He doesn't like serious conversations.
(b) It's the only thing he knows anything about.
(c) Ladies love to talk about nothing, and he loves ladies.
(d) It's the only thing his friends know anything about.
4. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what used to lend charm, or at least interest, to a man?
5. Who says, "As a rule, everybody turns out to be somebody else"?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(b) Lady Markby.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Chiltern, what is the only way that people should be judged?
2. What does Mabel find in the sofa, hidden by a cushion?
3. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what was considered excessively vulgar and middle class in the old days?
4. Fill in the blank. Lady Chiltern says, "We women worship when we love; and when we lose our worship, we lose ________."
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley want Sir Robert to say about the Argentine Canal project?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)