|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the dinner party in Act 1, Part 1, what does Lady Basildon think of the man who talks about his wife during dinner?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He is terribly trivial.
(c) He is very loving.
(d) He is very kind.
2. What is the message in the letter that Mrs. Cheveley plans to blackmail Sir Robert with?
(a) It says to buy Suez Canal shares.
(b) It says Sir Robert cheated on his college exams.
(c) It says Sir Robert had an affair with Mrs. Cheveley.
(d) It says Sir Robert fixed his election.
3. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say taught her to play fairly when one has the winning cards?
(a) Lord Caversham.
(b) Baron Arnheim.
(d) Sir Robert.
4. What does Mrs. Cheveley consider fame on the continent for Sir Robert in Act 1, Part 1?
(a) His name is spelled right in the newspaper.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He is recognized by many people.
(d) He has a beautiful wife.
5. In Act 1, Part 1, how is Goring described?
(a) As a dull aristocrat.
(b) As a clever, serious man.
(c) As an exceptional politician.
(d) As a flawless dandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Robert tell Mrs. Cheveley he thinks of the Argentine Canal Company when she first brings it up?
2. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what was considered excessively vulgar and middle class in the old days?
3. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what do Englishmen always get after a good meal?
4. What reason does Mrs. Cheveley give Sir Robert for not giving him time to consider her offer?
5. What reason does Lord Caversham give for never going anywhere?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)