|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Part 1, why does Lord Caversham call Goring a good-for-nothing?
(a) Goring is a thief.
(b) Goring leads an idle life.
(c) Goring has a dull job.
(d) Caversham hates Goring.
2. According to Mrs. Marchmont, who throws tedious parties?
(a) Lord Caversham.
(b) Mrs. Cheveley.
(c) The Hartlocks.
(d) Sir Robert.
3. What reason does Mrs. Cheveley give Sir Robert for not giving him time to consider her offer?
(a) She is impatient for his answer.
(b) She is leaving the country.
(c) She has to telegraph Vienna that night.
(d) The House of Commons won't wait for his speech.
4. What request does Mrs. Cheveley make of Sir Robert concerning the report he is to give to the House of Commons?
(a) She asks him to withdraw it.
(b) She asks him to wait one more day.
(c) She asks if she can attend with him.
(d) She asks him to go ahead with it.
5. Where does Mrs. Cheveley say she got the letter containing the secret about Sir Robert?
(a) From Sir Robert's mailbox.
(b) From Sir Robert's desk.
(c) From Baron Arnheim.
(d) From Goring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Chiltern's first name?
2. In what season does Mrs. Cheveley say people are either hunting for husbands or hiding from them?
3. According to Lady Markby, what about Sir John has become unbearable?
4. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what used to lend charm, or at least interest, to a man?
5. For what reason does Mrs. Cheveley say she returned to London in Act 1, Part 1?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)