|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lady Chiltern say she and Mrs. Cheveley have met before?
(a) At a party.
(b) At Mrs. Cheveley's wedding.
(c) At Goring's house.
(d) In school.
2. According to Mabel, what is London society comprised of?
(a) Boring socialites.
(b) Brilliant idiots and beautiful lunatics.
(c) Beautiful geniuses.
(d) Beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics.
3. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say taught her to play fairly when one has the winning cards?
(a) Lord Caversham.
(c) Baron Arnheim.
(d) Sir Robert.
4. What reason does Mrs. Cheveley give Sir Robert for not giving him time to consider her offer?
(a) The House of Commons won't wait for his speech.
(b) She has to telegraph Vienna that night.
(c) She is impatient for his answer.
(d) She is leaving the country.
5. How long does Lady Chiltern say it's been since she and Vicomte De Nanjac last saw each other?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Markby, what is fashionable in marriage nowadays?
2. During Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Cheveley say we all must do sooner or later?
3. Why does Mrs. Cheveley say science cannot grapple with the problem of women?
4. If Sir Robert meets Mrs. Cheveley's demands, what will she give him with the prettiest thanks?
5. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what was considered excessively vulgar and middle class in the old days?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)