|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say she hates now more than ever in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Sir Robert.
(c) Lady Chiltern.
(d) Baron Arnheim.
2. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
(a) The government.
3. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say will have the loathsome joy of dragging Sir Robert down in the mud and mire?
(a) Lady Chiltern.
(b) Baron Arnheim.
(c) The English newspapers.
(d) The English parliament.
4. How does Goring claim to have gotten the brooch while talking to Mrs. Cheveley?
(a) He stole it.
(b) He bought it at a pawn shop.
(c) It was a gift.
(d) He found it.
5. According to Mabel, what does a man say to a girl before he marries her and never after?
(a) Please be serious.
(b) What is your opinion?
(c) Tell me how you feel.
(d) I love you.
Short Answer Questions
1. How well did Goring know Mrs. Cheveley in the past?
2. What kind of woman does Goring say he'd like to marry?
3. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
4. Who says, "As a rule, everybody turns out to be somebody else"?
5. What request does Mrs. Cheveley make of Sir Robert concerning the report he is to give to the House of Commons?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)