|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank. Goring says, "Everything is dangerous, my dear fellow. If it wasn't so, ________."
(a) Life would be much easier.
(b) I'd be dead by now.
(c) Humans would be terribly boring.
(d) Life wouldn't be worth living.
2. Why does Goring say he didn't propose to Mabel sooner?
(a) He was afraid of being refused.
(b) He never got the chance.
(c) He didn't realize he is in love with her.
(d) He wasn't ready.
3. Who takes charge of the item Mabel finds in the couch?
(a) Mrs. Chiltern.
(c) Sir Robert.
4. What is the name of the tapestry that remains illuminated after the lights are put out at the end of Act 1?
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) Cupid's Arrow.
(c) The Triumph of Love.
5. What does Sir Robert compare himself to in Act 3, Part 1?
(a) A lovelorn teenager.
(b) A ship without a rudder.
(c) The tip of a pen.
(d) A compass without a needle.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what flower does the author compare Mrs. Cheveley?
2. What does Lady Chiltern demand that Sir Robert do immediately, in Act 1, Part 3?
3. In Act 3, Part 1, what event does Sir Robert say begins at eleven?
4. Fill in the blank. Lady Chiltern says, "We women worship when we love; and when we lose our worship, we lose ________."
5. What does Mrs. Cheveley want Sir Robert to say about the Argentine Canal project?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)