|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Goring like the name Laura?
(a) Because it's an ugly name.
(b) Because he can never spell it correctly.
(c) Because it's Mrs. Cheveley's first name and he used to adore it.
(d) Because it is his mother's name.
2. What request does Mrs. Cheveley make of Sir Robert concerning the report he is to give to the House of Commons?
(a) She asks him to withdraw it.
(b) She asks him to wait one more day.
(c) She asks if she can attend with him.
(d) She asks him to go ahead with it.
3. From what meeting does Lady Chiltern return from in Act 2, Part 1?
(a) The Lady's Aid Society meeting.
(b) The Women's Liberal Association meeting.
(c) A church meeting.
(d) The library board meeting.
4. How old was Sir Robert when he wrote the letter to Baron Arnheim?
5. Why does Mrs. Cheveley come to visit Goring at his home?
(a) To offer conditions for the return of Sir Robert's letter.
(b) To sell him Sir Robert's letter for a sum of 10,000 pounds.
(c) To profess her undying love.
(d) To beg his forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dinner party in Act 1, Part 1, what does Lady Basildon think of the man who talks about his wife during dinner?
2. How does Goring reply when Caversham asks why he doesn't try to do something useful in life?
3. Why does Lord Goring prefer pluck over genius?
4. Why does Lady Markby want Sir John to be sent to the Upper House?
5. What does Lady Chiltern say gives one an instinct to things?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)