|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Chiltern's dinner party, what does Mrs. Cheveley say cannot explain women?
(c) Other women.
2. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what was considered excessively vulgar and middle class in the old days?
(a) To pretend to be a bit better than one's neighbors.
(b) To attend social gatherings.
(c) To marry for money.
(d) To marry for love.
3. According to Lady Chiltern, what is the only way that people should be judged?
(a) By their economic status.
(b) By their social connections.
(c) By their intellect.
(d) By their past.
4. According to Mrs. Cheveley, what used to lend charm, or at least interest, to a man?
5. What secret does Mrs. Cheveley know about Sir Robert?
(a) He had an affair.
(b) He was once poor.
(c) He has an illegitimate child.
(d) The real origin of his wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Robert offer Mrs. Cheveley in Act 1, Part 2?
2. Fill in the blank. Lady Chiltern says, "We women worship when we love; and when we lose our worship, we lose ________."
3. Why does Lady Chiltern say she'll always love Sir Robert in Act 1, Part 3?
4. What does Mrs. Cheveley tell Sir Robert she did not receive prizes for?
5. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Goring call the item Mabel finds?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)