|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lady Chiltern say she and Mrs. Cheveley have met before?
(a) At a party.
(b) At Mrs. Cheveley's wedding.
(c) In school.
(d) At Goring's house.
2. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Mabel say about Mrs. Cheveley after she leaves?
(a) She has beautiful clothes.
(b) She is a horrid woman.
(c) She is very intelligent.
(d) She is a lovely woman.
3. Why does Mrs. Cheveley say science cannot grapple with the problem of women?
(a) Women are too complicated.
(b) Science can never grapple with the irrational.
(c) Only God can explain women.
(d) Science is a man's field.
4. What does Sir Robert tell Mrs. Cheveley he thinks of the Argentine Canal Company when she first brings it up?
(a) It's a swindle.
(b) He's certain she should invest.
(c) It's profitable.
(d) It's going bankrupt.
5. In Act 2, Part 1, what does Goring tell Sir Robert he should have done with Lady Chiltern?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Lie to her.
(c) Tell her everything.
(d) Distract her with a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Robert say that sooner or later one must do in political life?
2. During Act 1, Part 2, what does Mrs. Cheveley say we all must do sooner or later?
3. What is Lady Chiltern's first name?
4. Why do Lady Markby and Mrs. Cheveley say they've come to call on Mrs. Chiltern in Act 2, Part 2?
5. What secret does Mrs. Cheveley know about Sir Robert?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)