|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goring say is always unscrupulous?
(d) The government.
2. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
(a) A good marriage.
(c) A practical life.
3. Why do Lady Markby and Mrs. Cheveley say they've come to call on Mrs. Chiltern in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) To see if anyone found Mrs. Cheveley's diamond brooch.
(b) To discuss Sir Robert.
(c) To bring her a gift.
(d) To thank her for the party.
4. Which character says she's a little too old now to trouble about setting a good example?
(b) Lady Chiltern.
(c) Lady Markby.
(d) Mrs. Cheveley.
5. Why does Mabel want Lady Chiltern to talk to Tommy Trafford?
(a) He's making poor decisions.
(b) She wants him to propose to her.
(c) He keeps proposing to Mabel.
(d) He's very unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When a man has once loved a woman, he will do anything for her, except continue to love her"?
2. Fill in the blank. Lady Chiltern says, "We women worship when we love; and when we lose our worship, we lose ________."
3. How does Sir Robert reply to Lady Chiltern in Act 1, Part 3 when she asks about his change of view on the report from the Commission regarding the Argentine Canal scheme?
4. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Lady Chiltern tell Sir Robert he's always been?
5. According to Mrs. Cheveley, to whom does a woman owe her first duty in life?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)