|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Goring claim to have gotten the brooch while talking to Mrs. Cheveley?
(a) He found it.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) He bought it at a pawn shop.
(d) He stole it.
2. According to Lady Chiltern in Act 1, Part 3, what is Sir Robert not a man to do?
(a) Ruin a lady's reputation.
(b) Continue in public life.
(c) Lie to his wife.
(d) Do anything dishonorable.
3. Who does Goring say Mrs. Cheveley stole the brooch from?
(b) Lady Chiltern.
(c) Lady Berkshire.
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Mrs. Cheveley promise Goring?
(a) She'll destroy Sir Robert's letter.
(b) She will never try to harm Sir Robert again.
(c) She will leave town and never return.
(d) She'll never ask him to marry her again.
5. What does Lady Chiltern demand that Sir Robert do immediately, in Act 1, Part 3?
(a) Throw Mrs. Cheveley out of their house.
(b) Write a letter to Mrs. Cheveley saying he will not support the Argentine Canal scheme.
(c) Tell Goring to leave the party.
(d) Retire from public life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Cheveley say she hates now more than ever in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Why can't Goring stay longer at the Chiltern's in Act 1, Part 3?
3. What does Lord Goring say he knows by observation and not by experience?
4. Why does Lady Markby want Sir John to be sent to the Upper House?
5. In Act 1, Part 3, what does Goring call the item Mabel finds?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)