|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
2. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
3. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
5. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
2. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
3. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
4. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
5. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
6. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
7. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
8. What is deification?
9. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
10. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was military life like back in Ancient Rome. Research and write a paper about the typical life of a Roman soldier.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
Essay Topic 3
How different was the Roman army to our military? Write an essay comparing the two.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)