|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
2. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
3. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
2. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
3. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
4. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
5. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
6. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
7. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
8. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
9. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
10. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 3
Were the Romans more superstitious than modern people? Or did they simply have different superstitions? Write a paper contrasting the superstitions held by Ancient Romans with the superstitions we hold today.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)