|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
2. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
3. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
5. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
2. What is deification?
3. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
4. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
5. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
6. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
7. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
8. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
9. Why is Rome so vulnerable to attack by the German forces after Varus dies?
10. Describe the book that Livia writes
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How different was the Roman army to our military? Write an essay comparing the two.
Essay Topic 2
Livia was the most powerful woman of her time in Ancient Rome. But only because she was willing to commit crimes and manipulate those men who held political power. Would Livia have made the same choices in a system where she could rule directly, without a husband or son?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following characters and contrast the character in the story with his or her historical character:
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)