|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
2. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
3. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
4. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
5. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
2. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
3. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
4. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
5. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
6. What is deification?
7. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
8. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
9. Explain the meaning of the prophecy that the Oracle Sibyl told to Claudius?
10. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write a paper about one aspect of Ancient Roman life. Possible subjects are: roman entertainment; romance in Ancient Rome; home life; medical standards and practices; the legal system.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)