|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
2. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
3. Who offers to capture Postumus for Tiberius?
4. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
5. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letter does Livia read to Tiberius to keep him under control?
2. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
3. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
4. Why does Claudius advise Agrippina to make friends with Nerva and Vipsania?
5. How does Claudius find out that his letters to Germanicus are being intercepted?
6. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
7. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
8. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
9. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
10. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
Essay Topic 1
Contrast the Roman path to power with the American path. What does it take to be a successful person in Rome compared to what it takes in our country? Are the definitions of success the same in both cultures? If not, how do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
Essay Topic 3
What was military life like back in Ancient Rome. Research and write a paper about the typical life of a Roman soldier.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)