|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Flavius?
2. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
3. According to Claudius, how many Germans for each Roman soldier killed in the battles?
4. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
5. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
2. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
3. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
4. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
5. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
6. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
7. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
8. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
9. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
10. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research a paper about the institution of slavery in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the role of prophecy in the Roman religion.
Essay Topic 3
Were the Romans more superstitious than modern people? Or did they simply have different superstitions? Write a paper contrasting the superstitions held by Ancient Romans with the superstitions we hold today.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)