|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
2. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
3. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
4. What does Germanicus tell his soldiers about the German fighters?
5. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of Caligula's illness?
2. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
3. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
4. Describe some of Caligula's methods for raising money.
5. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
6. Who does Germanicus accuse of murdering him?
7. Why does Germanicus send his wife Agrippina, back to Rome?
8. How does Caligula manage to ride a horse across the Bay of Baiæ?
9. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
10. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
Essay Topic 3
Research a paper about the institution of slavery in Ancient Rome.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)