Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
2. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
3. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
4. Name all of Julia's husbands.
5. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
2. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
3. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
4. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
5. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
6. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
7. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
8. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
9. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
10. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
Were the Romans more superstitious than modern people? Or did they simply have different superstitions? Write a paper contrasting the superstitions held by Ancient Romans with the superstitions we hold today.
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)