|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
3. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
4. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
5. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
2. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
3. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
4. Why is Rome so vulnerable to attack by the German forces after Varus dies?
5. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
6. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
7. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
8. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
9. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
10. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the purpose and process of legal adoption in Ancient Rome.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 3
Livia was the most powerful woman of her time in Ancient Rome. But only because she was willing to commit crimes and manipulate those men who held political power. Would Livia have made the same choices in a system where she could rule directly, without a husband or son?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)