|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
2. What really happened to Postumus?
3. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
4. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
5. Who is Athenodorus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Livia so insistent on becoming a Goddess?
2. What does Cassius threaten to do if the other conspirators refuse to go through with the plot?
3. How does Caligula wage war on Neptune?
4. How does the actor, Mnester, prevent a massacre?
5. How does Claudius find out that his letters to Germanicus are being intercepted?
6. What does Caligula tell Livia as she is dying?
7. How does Tiberius get rid of Sejanus?
8. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
9. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
10. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast the Roman path to power with the American path. What does it take to be a successful person in Rome compared to what it takes in our country? Are the definitions of success the same in both cultures? If not, how do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Research and write a paper about one aspect of Ancient Roman life. Possible subjects are: roman entertainment; romance in Ancient Rome; home life; medical standards and practices; the legal system.
Essay Topic 3
George Washington has often been compared to Augustus Caesar. Make a comparison of the two historical figures. How were they similar and how were they different?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)