|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
2. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
3. Who is Athenodorus?
4. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
5. Name all of Julia's husbands.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
2. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
3. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
4. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
5. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
6. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
7. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
8. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
9. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
10. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write a paper about one aspect of Ancient Roman life. Possible subjects are: roman entertainment; romance in Ancient Rome; home life; medical standards and practices; the legal system.
Essay Topic 3
Of the three emperors shown in this novel, the progression goes from good to bad to horrible. Was this related to the power that grew from one emperor to another? Write an essay addressing the role that unchecked power plays in the corruption of a ruler.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)