|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
2. What is a Triumvirate?
3. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
5. What does Tiberius tell the senate about Postumus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
2. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
3. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
4. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
5. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
6. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
7. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
8. Explain the meaning of the prophecy that the Oracle Sibyl told to Claudius?
9. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
10. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Livia was the most powerful woman of her time in Ancient Rome. But only because she was willing to commit crimes and manipulate those men who held political power. Would Livia have made the same choices in a system where she could rule directly, without a husband or son?
Essay Topic 2
George Washington has often been compared to Augustus Caesar. Make a comparison of the two historical figures. How were they similar and how were they different?
Essay Topic 3
Claudius divides his family into "good" Claudians and "bad" Claudians. What drove the "bad" Claudians? Write a paper addressing the question: Did madness run in the Claudian family?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)