|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
2. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
3. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
4. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
5. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
2. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
3. How does Livia get rid of Postumus?
4. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
5. Why is Rome so vulnerable to attack by the German forces after Varus dies?
6. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
7. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
8. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
9. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
10. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How different was the Roman army to our military? Write an essay comparing the two.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Claudius survive, when all his other relatives perish? Write an essay that explains his longevity.
Essay Topic 3
George Washington has often been compared to Augustus Caesar. Make a comparison of the two historical figures. How were they similar and how were they different?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)