|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcellus die?
2. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
3. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
4. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
5. The senator Haterius was known for his skill in:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius investigate Pollio's charge that Livia murdered his father?
2. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
3. Why does Livia not expose Drusus's plan to dethrone Augustus?
4. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
5. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
6. Explain the meaning of the prophecy that the Oracle Sibyl told to Claudius?
7. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
8. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
9. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
10. How does Tiberius react to Germanicus's loyal quelling of the troop revolts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 2
What was military life like back in Ancient Rome. Research and write a paper about the typical life of a Roman soldier.
Essay Topic 3
Contrast the Ancient Roman concept of life, death, and afterlife with our modern concepts.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)