|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athenodorus?
2. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
3. What is Pollio's profession?
4. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
5. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
2. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
3. What does Pollio imply about the death of Claudius's grandfather?
4. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
5. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
6. Why does Livia make sure that Claudius is gone while Germanicus is in Rome?
7. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
8. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
9. Describe the book that Livia writes
10. How does Claudius describe Urgulanilla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
Essay Topic 2
Claudius divides his family into "good" Claudians and "bad" Claudians. What drove the "bad" Claudians? Write a paper addressing the question: Did madness run in the Claudian family?
Essay Topic 3
What was military life like back in Ancient Rome. Research and write a paper about the typical life of a Roman soldier.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)