|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
2. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
3. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
4. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
5. Who is Athenodorus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudius save the lives of the three noblemen who accompany him to Lyons?
2. Who are the only male Claudians left by the time Tiberius dies?
3. What book does Claudius write after finishing his history on Augustus's religious reforms?
4. Describe the book that Livia writes
5. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
6. What makes Germanicus happy about being appointed to oversee the eastern provinces?
7. How does Calpurnia help Claudius avoid being tried for treason during Caligula's reign?
8. Describe Claudius's relationship with his wife, Urgulanilla.
9. How is Claudius related to Augustus Caesar?
10. What does the nobleman predict will happen based on Claudius catching the wolf cub?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Livia was the most powerful woman of her time in Ancient Rome. But only because she was willing to commit crimes and manipulate those men who held political power. Would Livia have made the same choices in a system where she could rule directly, without a husband or son?
Essay Topic 2
What was military life like back in Ancient Rome. Research and write a paper about the typical life of a Roman soldier.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that addresses the differences (or similarities) between marriage and divorce in Ancient Rome and in our modern world.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)