|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
2. Where is Claudius during Germanicus's triumphal return to Rome?
3. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
4. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
5. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Livia do to bring Tiberius back to Rome?
2. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
3. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
4. Why does Augustus refuse to eat or drink anything but bread, water, and figs straight from the tree?
5. Why is Germanicus's support necessary to redeem Postumus in Rome?
6. Why does Livia target Julilla and her unborn child?
7. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
8. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
9. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
10. Explain the meaning of the prophecy that the Oracle Sibyl told to Claudius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How different was the Roman army to our military? Write an essay comparing the two.
Essay Topic 2
Contrast the Ancient Roman concept of life, death, and afterlife with our modern concepts.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Roman Republic to another democratic system, either the United States government, or the British Parliamentary system, or another of your choosing.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)