|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best part of Germanicus's final incursions against the Germans?
2. How long had some of the oldest soldiers served?
3. Who is Agrippa?
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. Who accuses Postumus of trying to rape her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does Antonia tell Claudius are impossible?
2. What argument does Tiberius use with Germanicus to get him to return to Rome?
3. How does Claudius feel about his son, Drusillus?
4. How does Germanicus keep the Roman regiments from revolting?
5. How does Claudius describe his father's relationship to his troops?
6. Why does Tiberius need Livia's help in running the government?
7. Why does Claudius wait until Germanicus returns to Rome to tell him that Postumus was innocent?
8. What praise does Claudius give to his grandmother, Livia?
9. Why is it better for Claudius that Livia thinks he is an idiot?
10. What criticism does Pollio make about Livy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick one of the following characters and contrast the character in the story with his or her historical character:
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Roman Republic become a dictatorship? Research and write a paper describing the transition from one system to the other.
Essay Topic 3
Historical fiction is a blend of fact and imagination. Write a paper pointing out when Robert Graves is basing his story on fact and when he is allowing himself to imagine what might have happened.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)