|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Claudius's nickname of "Teruncius" translates to:
(a) Naughty Goat
(c) Chipped Stone
(d) One Farthing
2. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
(a) Expose it on a hillside
(b) Sell it into slavery
(c) Strangle it in the cradle
(d) Adopt it as his own
3. Who persuades Claudius to accept the position?
4. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) Livia sent her away to an island.
(b) She was bribed to perjure herself.
(c) She killed herself in her cell.
(d) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
5. What was the outcome of Senator Gallus's trial?
(a) He was found guilty of corruption.
(b) He died before the trial was held.
(c) He was found guilty of treason.
(d) He was found innocent of all charges.
6. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
(a) He still had warm feelings for Germanicus.
(b) She was still under Livia's protection.
(c) She was the mother of his grandchildren.
(d) He was hoping she would consent to marry him.
7. What name did Caligula start using in his divine form?
8. Who wrote most of the satiric songs and poems about Tiberius?
9. Who does Caligula marry Claudius to?
10. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
(a) Protect her great-grandchildren
(b) Make sure she is deified
(c) Restore the Republic
(d) Tell the true history of Rome
11. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
(a) Promises to help her any way that he can
(b) Tries to seduce her in his bedchamber
(c) Beats her senseless with a vine sapling
(d) Calls her a traitor and cuts off her head
12. Where is Germanicus sent after finishing his Consulship?
(a) To oversee the eastern Roman Provinces
(b) Back to command the German frontier
(c) To the western province of France
(d) North to the Isle of Britain
13. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
(a) Tiberius's mocker, Gallus
(b) The honored general, Blæasus
(c) Her brother-in-law, Claudius
(d) Tiberius's adviser, Sejanus
14. What did the oracle at the Temple of Fortune tell Caligula?
(a) You will be safe in Eqypt.
(b) Do not perform in public.
(c) Fear the Tiger!
(d) Beware of Cassius.
15. How does Tiberius die?
(a) Caligula stabs him in the heart.
(b) He gets a chill from traveling.
(c) Macro smothers him with a pillow.
(d) He dies quietly of old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Urgulania tell Claudius about her future?
2. What does Livia call Caligula?
3. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
4. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
5. What class of people did Augustus especially distrust?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)