|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Caligula raise funds in France?
(a) He held an auction and sold off the royal family's goods.
(b) He raided the houses of all the wealthy landowners.
(c) He executed the most wealthy locals for treason.
(d) He raised the local taxes by three hundred percent.
2. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
(a) How old her corpse looks on the pyre
(b) How much people loved his grandmother
(c) How long it takes the news to reach Tiberius
(d) How much worse Tiberius begins to act
3. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
(b) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
(c) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
(d) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
4. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
(a) Giving him a large pension
(b) Marrying him to Livilla
(c) Naming him his successor
(d) Marrying him to Livilla's daughter
5. How does Caligula react to Cassius's story of a German ambush?
(a) He declares the story untrue.
(b) He scoffs at Cassius.
(c) He re-enacts it the next day.
(d) He runs away in terror.
6. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
7. What does Claudius suspect happened to Drusilla?
(a) Caligula starved her to death.
(b) She ran away to escape her brother.
(c) Caligula cut her throat.
(d) She was thrown in the river.
8. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
(b) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(c) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
(d) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
9. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
(a) In a villa in Pompeii
(b) In the city of Capua
(c) In the town of Lyons
(d) On the island of Capri
10. What does Urgulania tell Claudius about her future?
(a) She will see Claudius become emperor.
(b) She is due to die this year.
(c) She is going to marry a senator.
(d) Her granddaughter will marry the emperor.
11. With Tiberius gone, who was left in charge of the Roman Empire?
12. What name did Caligula start using in his divine form?
13. Where was Caligula assassinated?
(a) In his rooms at the Palace
(b) Down by the river docks
(c) Just outside the amphitheater
(d) In a house belonging to Claudius
14. Whom does Sejanus arrange for Claudius to marry?
(a) His daughter, Julilla
(b) A friend of his named Paulina
(c) His former wife, Apicata
(d) His step-sister, Ælia
15. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
(a) Strangle it in the cradle
(b) Sell it into slavery
(c) Adopt it as his own
(d) Expose it on a hillside
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally happens to Tiberius's body?
2. How did Afer escape death when he was tried by Caligula for treason?
3. Why did Tiberius not visit his son, Castor, before Castor's death?
4. What does Claudius say about Nero, Germanicus's eldest son?
5. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)