|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Sejanus, is the Leek Green Party?
(a) Livia's network of senator's wives
(b) An event to which Tiberius was not invited
(c) A secret group of skilled assassins
(d) A political faction led by Agrippina
2. What finally happens to Plancina?
(a) She kills herself by taking poison.
(b) She is invited to dinner by Livia and poisoned.
(c) She is acquitted of murdering Germanicus.
(d) She returns to Syria and marries the new governor.
3. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
(a) She was the mother of his grandchildren.
(b) She was still under Livia's protection.
(c) He still had warm feelings for Germanicus.
(d) He was hoping she would consent to marry him.
4. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
(b) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(c) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
(d) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
5. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
(a) Stand up to Livilla and get a divorce
(b) Investigate the haunting of the house in Antioch
(c) Defend Germanicus's children and avenge his death
(d) Speak to Tiberius about the behavior of Piso
6. Who is the first person that Caligula ordered killed after taking the throne?
7. Why does Caligula start to become unpopular?
(a) He orders so many holidays that no work can get done.
(b) He begins ordering everyone to wear the color green.
(c) He stops holding games to punish the citizens for booing.
(d) He pushes hundreds of people into the water to drown.
8. Who is Claudius surprised to find in his bedroom?
(a) His brother's wife
(b) His nephew, Caligula
(c) His wife, Urgulanilla
(d) A hired assassin
9. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
(a) Torture a young noble woman.
(b) Kill a batch of puppies.
(c) Get married to a young boy.
(d) Play horsie for Drusilla.
10. What does Claudius miss most when he is staying in Carthage?
(c) Playing dice
11. How does Caligula react to Cassius's story of a German ambush?
(a) He scoffs at Cassius.
(b) He runs away in terror.
(c) He declares the story untrue.
(d) He re-enacts it the next day.
12. Why is Egypt so important to Rome?
(a) It is a good source of marble.
(b) It supplies Rome with corn.
(c) The largest library in the world is there.
(d) Most of the troops come from Egypt.
13. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
(a) A copy of Augustus's letters.
(b) An invitation to dine with her.
(c) A warning about Sejanus's intentions.
(d) An appointment to join the Senate.
14. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
(a) They hold a long debate on the issue.
(b) They immediately order punishment.
(c) They are shocked into silence.
(d) They rise up and refuse to accept it.
15. Where was Caligula assassinated?
(a) In a house belonging to Claudius
(b) In his rooms at the Palace
(c) Just outside the amphitheater
(d) Down by the river docks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Livia ask Plancina to do?
2. What does Livia call Caligula?
3. Who does Caligula marry Claudius to?
4. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
5. How did Caligula raise funds in France?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)