|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
(a) Committed incest
(b) Locked her in a room
(c) Tried to kill her
(d) Killed her pony
2. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
(a) Tiberius's mocker, Gallus
(b) The honored general, Blæasus
(c) Her brother-in-law, Claudius
(d) Tiberius's adviser, Sejanus
3. What class of people did Augustus especially distrust?
4. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
(a) She was the mother of his grandchildren.
(b) She was still under Livia's protection.
(c) He was hoping she would consent to marry him.
(d) He still had warm feelings for Germanicus.
5. Why does Claudius not want to be emperor?
(a) He knows that he will abuse the position.
(b) He just wants to live quietly.
(c) He wants Rome to be a republic.
(d) He fears that he will be killed.
6. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
(a) In the city of Capua
(b) In the town of Lyons
(c) On the island of Capri
(d) In a villa in Pompeii
7. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
(a) Promises to help her any way that he can
(b) Calls her a traitor and cuts off her head
(c) Tries to seduce her in his bedchamber
(d) Beats her senseless with a vine sapling
8. What was the biggest obstacle to the plot to assassinate Caligula?
(a) The German bodyguards were fanatically devoted to him.
(b) Most of the people in Rome still loved Caligula.
(c) No one was sure if Caligula was mortal or immortal.
(d) Caligula had a strong network of spies in the palace.
9. Why is Piso sent to Syria?
(a) To govern the province
(b) To train the troops there
(c) To build a new city
(d) To raise more taxes for Rome
10. Where is Germanicus sent after finishing his Consulship?
(a) To oversee the eastern Roman Provinces
(b) To the western province of France
(c) Back to command the German frontier
(d) North to the Isle of Britain
11. Caligula amuses the populace by using what class of people as sword-fighters?
(a) Prisoners of war from Germany
(b) Hostages from foreign lands
(c) Former Senators and their wives
(d) People who cannot pay their debts
12. What finally happens to Plancina?
(a) She is invited to dinner by Livia and poisoned.
(b) She is acquitted of murdering Germanicus.
(c) She kills herself by taking poison.
(d) She returns to Syria and marries the new governor.
13. With Tiberius gone, who was left in charge of the Roman Empire?
14. What disturbs Claudius about Caligula?
(a) Caligula spends too much time with Tiberius.
(b) Caligula spends all his time gambling.
(c) Caligula seems to share a secret with Livia.
(d) Caligula likes to watch animals being killed.
15. Where is Senator Gallus when the Roman Guards come to arrest him?
(a) Eating dinner with Tiberius
(b) Just outside the Senate building
(c) Seeing Agrippina off at the harbor
(d) Returning to Rome from his villa
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
2. Which crime did Caligula reinstate as a capital crime?
3. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
4. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
5. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)