Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius receive from Livia?
(a) A warning about Sejanus's intentions.
(b) An invitation to dine with her.
(c) An appointment to join the Senate.
(d) A copy of Augustus's letters.
2. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
(a) Make tapestries and pots to sell
(b) Sing and dance at the theater
(c) Prostitute themselves to wealthy noblemen
(d) Go out begging on the streets
3. Who speaks at Livia's funeral?
4. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
5. What was the biggest obstacle to the plot to assassinate Caligula?
(a) The German bodyguards were fanatically devoted to him.
(b) Caligula had a strong network of spies in the palace.
(c) Most of the people in Rome still loved Caligula.
(d) No one was sure if Caligula was mortal or immortal.
6. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
(a) Marrying him to Livilla's daughter
(b) Giving him a large pension
(c) Naming him his successor
(d) Marrying him to Livilla
7. Caligula made all the palace men shave their heads because:
(a) Only the Gods can have hair.
(b) He was afraid of lice.
(c) He was going bald himself.
(d) He thought it looked better.
8. What does Caligula begin to dread after he tortures Brassus?
(a) That he would be assassinated by his guard
(b) That Jove would smite him for blasphemy
(c) That the people would begin to hate him
(d) That Brassus's father would seek revenge
9. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
(a) In the town of Lyons
(b) In a villa in Pompeii
(c) On the island of Capri
(d) In the city of Capua
10. What does Livia do to embarrass Tiberius?
(a) Hires an actor to caracature him in public
(b) Gives a public reading of Augustus's letters
(c) Denounces him in front of the Senate
(d) Publishes his love letters to Vispania
11. Why does Claudius not want to be emperor?
(a) He just wants to live quietly.
(b) He fears that he will be killed.
(c) He knows that he will abuse the position.
(d) He wants Rome to be a republic.
12. Where do the looting soldiers find Claudius?
(a) Reading books in a library
(b) Taking a bath in his rooms
(c) Hiding behind a curtain
(d) Eating luncheon in the Palace
13. What does Livia demand Claudius do to Urgulanilla's baby?
(a) Expose it on a hillside
(b) Strangle it in the cradle
(c) Sell it into slavery
(d) Adopt it as his own
14. What does Germanicus fear Plancina is doing?
(a) Stealing money from the treasury
(b) Practicing witchcraft against him
(c) Undermining Agrippina's authority
(d) Corrupting his children's discipline
15. What happened to Martina, the chief witness against Piso and Plancina?
(a) She was bribed to perjure herself.
(b) Livia sent her away to an island.
(c) She was killed by agents of Sejanus.
(d) She killed herself in her cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Senate react to Tiberius's denouncement of Agrippina and Nero?
2. What agreement do Ælia and Claudius come to regarding their marriage?
3. What does Claudius suspect happened to Drusilla?
4. What does Antonia say that Caligula did to Drusilla?
5. Which crime did Caligula reinstate as a capital crime?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)