|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
(a) That she knows the very day she will die
(b) That she wants him to plan her funeral
(c) That she will be murdered by Tiberius
(d) That she is planning to commit suicide
2. Which sister of Caligula did he claim as his favorite?
3. What does Sejanus advise Claudius not to do?
(a) Bet on the Leek Green chariot team
(b) Spend too much time with Agrippina
(c) Get married again too soon
(d) Divorce his wife Urgulanilla
4. What does Calpurnia ask Claudius for instead of presents?
(a) The equivalent in cash
(b) That he save his money instead
(c) To marry her and make her honest
(d) That he buy more cows for the farm
5. What name did Caligula start using in his divine form?
6. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
(a) Tries to seduce her in his bedchamber
(b) Beats her senseless with a vine sapling
(c) Promises to help her any way that he can
(d) Calls her a traitor and cuts off her head
7. What finally happens to Tiberius's body?
(a) It is thrown into the Tiber like a criminal.
(b) It is left to rot on the Island of Capri.
(c) It is half-burned in the town of Atilla.
(d) It is burned on the Mars Field with honors.
8. Where was Caligula assassinated?
(a) In a house belonging to Claudius
(b) Just outside the amphitheater
(c) Down by the river docks
(d) In his rooms at the Palace
9. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
(a) Go out begging on the streets
(b) Make tapestries and pots to sell
(c) Sing and dance at the theater
(d) Prostitute themselves to wealthy noblemen
10. Why did neither Tiberius or Livia attend the Roman funeral for Germanicus?
(a) They did not want to encounter his wife, Agrippina.
(b) They were too grief-stricken by his death.
(c) They would have been attacked by the people there.
(d) They were busy reviewing the annual tax records.
11. How does Tiberius die?
(a) Macro smothers him with a pillow.
(b) Caligula stabs him in the heart.
(c) He dies quietly of old age.
(d) He gets a chill from traveling.
12. What condition does Claudius demand of Livia?
(a) That she promise to continue protecting Agrippina
(b) That she keep Tiberius in check by opposing him
(c) That she help him to divorce his new wife
(d) That she tell him the truth about her crimes
13. Where did Tiberius live once he left Rome?
(a) In the city of Capua
(b) In the town of Lyons
(c) In a villa in Pompeii
(d) On the island of Capri
14. In a speech about Tiberius to the Senate, Caligula:
(a) Declares Tiberius to be a God
(b) Pleads for forgiveness from Tiberius
(c) Calls them cowards and traitors
(d) Executes a Senator for coughing
15. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
(a) Get married to a young boy.
(b) Play horsie for Drusilla.
(c) Torture a young noble woman.
(d) Kill a batch of puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people did Augustus especially distrust?
2. What happens to Nero's brother, Drusus?
3. Why was Claudius summoned to the Hall of Justice late one night?
4. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
5. Why did Tiberius allow Agrippina to remain alive and free?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)