|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which crime did Caligula reinstate as a capital crime?
(d) Tax Evasion
2. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
(a) Thirty-five years old
(b) Thirty years old
(c) Twenty-five years old
(d) Twenty years old
3. What does Caligula make his sisters do to earn their keep?
(a) Prostitute themselves to wealthy noblemen
(b) Make tapestries and pots to sell
(c) Sing and dance at the theater
(d) Go out begging on the streets
4. What does Claudius suspect happened to Drusilla?
(a) She ran away to escape her brother.
(b) Caligula cut her throat.
(c) Caligula starved her to death.
(d) She was thrown in the river.
5. What does Castor promise Agrippina that he will do?
(a) Stand up to Livilla and get a divorce
(b) Investigate the haunting of the house in Antioch
(c) Defend Germanicus's children and avenge his death
(d) Speak to Tiberius about the behavior of Piso
6. What does Livia tell Claudius about her own death?
(a) That she will be murdered by Tiberius
(b) That she is planning to commit suicide
(c) That she knows the very day she will die
(d) That she wants him to plan her funeral
7. What does Sejanus advise Claudius not to do?
(a) Get married again too soon
(b) Bet on the Leek Green chariot team
(c) Divorce his wife Urgulanilla
(d) Spend too much time with Agrippina
8. What does Calpurnia ask Claudius for instead of presents?
(a) That he buy more cows for the farm
(b) That he save his money instead
(c) To marry her and make her honest
(d) The equivalent in cash
9. How does Tiberius lose his friend, Nerva?
(a) Nerva learns the truth about Tiberius.
(b) Nerva asks to go back to Rome.
(c) Nerva is killed by Caligula.
(d) Nerva simply stops eating one day.
10. What book did Tiberius take with him?
(a) Livia's book
(c) A history of Augustus's reign
(d) An encyclopedia of pornography
11. What does Claudius miss most when he is staying in Carthage?
(b) Playing dice
12. How did Afer escape death when he was tried by Caligula for treason?
(a) He bribed Caligula to deliver a non-guilty verdict.
(b) He offered to let Caligula sleep with his wife.
(c) He flattered Caligula on his oratorical style.
(d) He left town before the trial started.
13. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
(a) To placate the German bodyguards
(b) To keep expanding Roman territory
(c) To keep the people of Rome happy
(d) To make sure they get paid
14. What does Piso give Tiberius at his trial?
(a) A small, wrapped package about the size of a good-luck charm
(b) A gift that he claimed was from the people of Syria
(c) A bundle of letters that Tiberius wrote to him
(d) A book that he says was Germanicus's personal journal
15. What, according to Claudius, was a great turning point in Tiberius's reign?
(a) The Senate honoring Sejanus
(b) The death of Livia
(c) Sejanus banishing Nero
(d) The retirement to Capri
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Urgulania tell Claudius about her future?
2. What class of people did Augustus especially distrust?
3. Cassius Chærea was disgusted when Caligula made him:
4. What does Tiberius do when he meets with Agrippina?
5. What does Antonia do after speaking to Caligula about Gemellus's death?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)