|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the looting soldiers find Claudius?
(a) Reading books in a library
(b) Taking a bath in his rooms
(c) Hiding behind a curtain
(d) Eating luncheon in the Palace
2. Who warns Claudius about the draining of the treasury?
3. How old is Caligula when he becomes emperor?
(a) Thirty years old
(b) Thirty-five years old
(c) Twenty-five years old
(d) Twenty years old
4. How does Tiberius propose rewarding Sejanus for breaking the Leek Green party?
(a) Marrying him to Livilla's daughter
(b) Giving him a large pension
(c) Naming him his successor
(d) Marrying him to Livilla
5. What does Livia tell Claudius about himself?
(a) That he is going to kill Tiberius
(b) That he is going to avenge Caligula's death
(c) That he is going to conquer Britain
(d) That he is going to become a God
6. Where was Claudius when Caligula was assassinated?
(a) With Calpurnia, at his small villa
(b) Sitting in the seats at the theater
(c) Waiting for him at the Palace
(d) Walking about twenty paces behind him
7. Why do the soldiers need a new emperor?
(a) To keep expanding Roman territory
(b) To make sure they get paid
(c) To placate the German bodyguards
(d) To keep the people of Rome happy
8. Why does Caligula start to become unpopular?
(a) He stops holding games to punish the citizens for booing.
(b) He orders so many holidays that no work can get done.
(c) He pushes hundreds of people into the water to drown.
(d) He begins ordering everyone to wear the color green.
9. Agrippina asks Tiberius for permission to marry who?
(a) Tiberius's adviser, Sejanus
(b) The honored general, Blæasus
(c) Tiberius's mocker, Gallus
(d) Her brother-in-law, Claudius
10. What does Tiberius do after Livia shames him?
(a) He cultivates a friendship with Agrippina.
(b) He begs her to stop persecuting him.
(c) He leaves Rome on the advice of Sejanus.
(d) He accuses her of murdering Postumus.
11. What is Claudius surprised about once Livia is dead?
(a) How long it takes the news to reach Tiberius
(b) How old her corpse looks on the pyre
(c) How much worse Tiberius begins to act
(d) How much people loved his grandmother
12. Where was Caligula assassinated?
(a) Down by the river docks
(b) In a house belonging to Claudius
(c) Just outside the amphitheater
(d) In his rooms at the Palace
13. What does Caligula begin to dread after he tortures Brassus?
(a) That Brassus's father would seek revenge
(b) That Jove would smite him for blasphemy
(c) That the people would begin to hate him
(d) That he would be assassinated by his guard
14. What does Urgulanilla say about Claudius in her will?
(a) He was the only man I ever loved.
(b) I did not hate him.
(c) He was much nicer than you would think.
(d) He is no fool.
15. In a speech about Tiberius to the Senate, Caligula:
(a) Declares Tiberius to be a God
(b) Executes a Senator for coughing
(c) Calls them cowards and traitors
(d) Pleads for forgiveness from Tiberius
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades Claudius to accept the position?
2. What did Caligula promise Cassius Chærea?
3. Where is Germanicus sent after finishing his Consulship?
4. Who is the first person that Caligula ordered killed after taking the throne?
5. What does Livia beg Claudius to do for her?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)