|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A group of three men who rule a government
(b) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(c) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(d) A celebration that takes place after a war
2. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
3. What does Livia refuse to do in the same room as Claudius?
(a) Eat a meal
(b) Listen to him talk
(c) Read a book
(d) Go to sleep
4. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
(b) Two years later
(c) After he pays the Balkan troops
(d) After the German campaign
5. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) His statue was seen to move .
(b) The planets move into alignment.
(c) There is an earthquake in Rome.
(d) His statue was struck by lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
2. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
3. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
4. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
5. When Tiberius adopts Germanicus, Claudius's brother is brought into which family?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)