|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Claudius use to write his autobiography?
2. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She disowns him.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She favors him.
(d) She dotes on him.
3. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
4. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
(a) rescue Postumus from the island himself.
(b) make sure that Livia was tried for her crimes.
(c) investigate the death of their father.
(d) speak to Augustus about the matter.
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
(a) Claudius the Ugly
(b) Claudius the Cautious
(c) Claudius the Idiot
(d) Claudius the Brave
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
2. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
3. To avoid conflict with Julia, Tiberius decides to. . .
4. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
5. Who is Agrippa?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)