|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Tiberius refuse on Livia's behalf?
(b) Mother of the Country
(d) High Priestess to Augustus
2. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
(b) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
(c) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
(d) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
3. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
(a) A marching song that the soldiers sang
(b) The military ensign of the regiment
(c) A mascot bird kept in a cage
(d) The fiercest soldier in the group
4. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
5. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
2. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
3. Name all of Julia's husbands.
4. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
5. What is a Triumvirate?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)