|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
(a) Several uprisings led by former slaves
(b) Earthquakes, floods, and a famine
(c) A series of fires in the poor neighborhoods
(d) The deaths of a dozen popular senators
2. How does Antonia regard her son, Claudius?
(a) She favors him.
(b) She dotes on him.
(c) She disowns him.
(d) She despises him.
3. What surprises Augustus most about hearing Claudius declaim?
(a) Claudius is standing straighter.
(b) The speech goes on for two hours.
(c) The large audience loves Claudius.
(d) Claudius does not stammer.
4. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(b) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
(c) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(d) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
5. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
(a) Livia thinks it would be a good joke on her.
(b) She has become too old to take care of herself.
(c) He is the oldest male left in his family.
(d) Augustus wants to make sure he is busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
2. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
3. Why does Claudius become engaged to Urgulanilla?
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)