|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius think is the reason for the low marriage rate?
(a) There are no pretty girls left
(b) Marrying the wrong family risks death
(c) Single women have more rights
(d) Prostitutes are cheaper and nicer
2. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
(b) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
(c) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(d) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
3. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(b) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(c) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(d) The fact that everyone is related to each other
4. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She is sentenced to death.
(b) She marries Claudius.
(c) She is banished.
(d) She joins the Vestals.
5. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(b) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(c) A celebration that takes place after a war
(d) A group of three men who rule a government
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
2. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
3. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
4. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
5. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)