|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
(a) Tiberius was loyal to Livia, while Germanicus was loyal to Rome
(b) Tiberius was more decisive, Germanicus was more cautious
(c) Tiberius was a bad Claudian, while Germanicus was a good one.
(d) Tiberius was a freethinker, Germanicus was devoutly religious
2. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
3. Who does Actë engage to replace herself as Claudius's mistress?
4. The key to Livia and Augustus's higher cipher was found in the first chapter of. . .
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) Virgil's Æneid.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) Ovid's Love Poems.
5. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
2. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
3. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
4. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
5. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)