|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(a) Cassius Chærea
2. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
(a) The Empire and the Republic
(b) The proper way to write history
(c) Who will succeed Augustus
(d) Which god is most powerful
3. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) A box filled with poisoned food
(b) A bag containing golden coins
(c) Her personal physician
(d) A letter, denouncing him
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
(a) Chief Ponticate
(d) Protector of the People
5. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
(a) He orders Tiberius to return at once.
(b) He helps her divorce Tiberius and remarry.
(c) He orders her to be banished from Rome.
(d) He asks her to join the Vestals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudius's full name?
2. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
3. What does Claudius shout when he is told about Augustus's death?
4. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
5. What kind of animal does Livia compare Claudius to?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)