|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The senator Haterius was known for his skill in:
2. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
(a) That he had decided to free Postumus
(b) He wanted to give Claudius a public office
(c) That he had made changes to his will
(d) That he was not interested in being a God
3. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) Getting appointed to a public position
(b) The building of a new library in Rome
(c) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(d) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
4. What do Tiberius's regiments do in their mutiny?
(a) Get drunk on wine captured from the Germans
(b) Burn down their own tents and shelters
(c) March on Rome with their swords raised
(d) Murder or drive out most of the captains
5. What does Livia send to her son, Drusus?
(a) Her personal physician
(b) A letter, denouncing him
(c) A box filled with poisoned food
(d) A bag containing golden coins
Short Answer Questions
1. Which senator challenges Tiberius's reluctance to accept power?
2. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
3. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
4. Where does Claudius meet Assinius Pollio?
5. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)