|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Augustus ruled Rome?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Sixty years
(d) Fifty-five years
2. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
(a) Chief Priestess to Diana
(b) Mother Confessor for the Vestals
(c) First Daughter of Rome
(d) Second Wife of the Emperor
3. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
4. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(b) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(c) Research information about the Balkan tribes
(d) Write to him about all the political gossip
5. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(b) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
(c) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(d) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
2. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
3. Sejanus persuaded Tiberius to. . .
4. What notable thing does Claudius do at his first games?
5. Who is Agrippa?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)