|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A group of three men who rule a government
(b) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(c) A celebration that takes place after a war
(d) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
2. What is Pollio's profession?
3. Who does Claudius fall in love with?
4. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
(b) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
(c) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
(d) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
5. Who kills the German soldier who offered to fight "any Roman?"
(a) Cassius Chærea
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
2. Why does Athenodorus leave Rome?
3. What is Claudius's full name?
4. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
5. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)