|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(b) The building of a new library in Rome
(c) Getting appointed to a public position
(d) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
2. How long had some of the oldest soldiers served?
(a) Ten years
(b) Five years
(c) Thirty-five years
(d) Twenty-five years
3. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Dove and the Hawk
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Bookworm and the Boar
4. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
5. What does rebel leader Bato compare the Roman governors to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Tiberius send to quell the mutinies in the Balkan forces?
2. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
3. Tiberius trusted Nerva because of his. . .
4. Who really orders the death of Postumus after Augustus dies?
5. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)