|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Livia and Urgulania describe the marriage of Claudius and Urgulanilla?
(a) The Camel and the Elephant
(b) The Bookworm and the Boar
(c) The Quick and the Dead
(d) The Dove and the Hawk
2. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
(b) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(c) Come back to Germany and help fight
(d) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
3. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
(a) Little Dancer
(b) Little General
(c) Little Boots
(d) Little Emperor
4. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do?
(a) Steal money from the public purse to pay the soldiers
(b) Secretly send him two hundred thousand gold coins
(c) Forge a letter from Tiberius and send it by courier
(d) Speak to Tiberius on behalf of the regiments
5. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
(a) Avoid antagonizing Livia, Antonia, and Livilla
(b) Ask Augustus for permission to visit Postumus
(c) Write to him about all the political gossip
(d) Research information about the Balkan tribes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
2. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
3. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
4. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
5. What distinction does Claudius make between Tiberius and Germanicus?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)