|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(b) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
(c) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
(d) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
2. Livia finds out about Postumus's escape by. . .
(a) reading some letters that Augustus wrote.
(b) grilling Claudius for what he knows about it.
(c) asking the wife of the man who helped Augustus.
(d) torturing one of Augustus's slaves.
3. What is Claudius actually reading?
(a) A letter from his brother
(b) One of Pollio's books
(c) One of Livy's books
(d) Livia's book
4. What does Drusus urge Tiberius to do in his letter?
(a) Support Augustus through the civil unrest
(b) Leave Julia and marry the woman he loves
(c) Come back to Germany and help fight
(d) Oppose Augustus and restore the Republic
5. Who is Athenodorus?
(a) Claudius's best friend
(b) Claudius's favorite tutor
(c) Antonia's steward
(d) Antonia's new husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name "Caligula" mean?
2. What did Augustus tell Claudius just a month before he died?
3. What was the amount of time the Roman soldiers wanted to serve before being discharged?
4. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
5. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)