|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
(a) pretending that Postumus has died.
(b) killing the soldiers that guarded him.
(c) keeping all news from leaving his island.
(d) having a slave impersonate Postumus.
2. What happens to Julilla after Livia exposes her sexual affairs?
(a) She joins the Vestals.
(b) She marries Claudius.
(c) She is banished.
(d) She is sentenced to death.
3. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(b) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(c) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
(d) The fact that everyone is related to each other
4. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
(a) speak to Augustus about the matter.
(b) rescue Postumus from the island himself.
(c) make sure that Livia was tried for her crimes.
(d) investigate the death of their father.
5. How long had some of the oldest soldiers served?
(a) Thirty-five years
(b) Ten years
(c) Five years
(d) Twenty-five years
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
2. What does Pollio bet Livy that Claudius is reading?
3. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
4. What is Claudius's full name?
5. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)