|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
(d) Mark Antony
2. What does the author mean when he refers to the regimental Eagle?
(a) The fiercest soldier in the group
(b) A marching song that the soldiers sang
(c) The military ensign of the regiment
(d) A mascot bird kept in a cage
3. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
(b) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
(c) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(d) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
4. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
(a) make sure that Livia was tried for her crimes.
(b) speak to Augustus about the matter.
(c) investigate the death of their father.
(d) rescue Postumus from the island himself.
5. What does Augustus blame for the low marriage rate in Rome?
(a) The lack of priests to perform the ceremonies
(b) The selfishness and laziness of bachelorhood
(c) The fact that everyone is related to each other
(d) The ease of getting divorces for political reasons
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor does Livia create for Urgulania?
2. What nickname do people use for Claudius?
3. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
4. Name all of Julia's husbands.
5. The senator Haterius was known for his skill in:
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)