|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Livia demand Tiberius to do with the letter from his brother, Drusus?
(a) Send it to Augustus
(b) Send it back unread
(c) Read it aloud immediately
(d) Throw it into the fire
2. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
(a) In his mother's arms
(b) Riding on Cassius's back
(c) Screaming and crying
(d) Singing a jaunty march
3. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A celebration that takes place after a war
(b) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
(c) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(d) A group of three men who rule a government
4. Why does Augustus move the sword-fighters out of the city?
(a) So that smaller cities can enjoy their shows.
(b) They are expected to defend the outer boroughs.
(c) They are needed to help transport corn shipments.
(d) He is afraid they might lead rebellions.
5. In order to marry Julia, Tiberius must first. . .
(a) sacrifice a white bull to Jupiter.
(b) divorce his beloved wife, Vipsania.
(c) assassinate Julia's husband, Agrippa.
(d) adopt her three sons and two daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rules Rome after the death of Mark Antony?
2. Germanicus promises Claudius, if he finds evidence that Postumus is innocent, he will. . .
3. What do Pollio and Livy argue about?
4. What title does Tiberius refuse to use in Rome?
5. What does Germanicus ask Claudius to do for him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)