|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What omen is cited by Tiberius to show that Augustus should become a God?
(a) His statue was struck by lightning.
(b) His statue was seen to move .
(c) There is an earthquake in Rome.
(d) The planets move into alignment.
2. Claudius is the biological grandson of:
(a) Mark Antony
3. What is a Triumvirate?
(a) A group of three men who rule a government
(b) A type of clothing worn by important statesmen
(c) A celebration that takes place after a war
(d) A chariot that was invented by the Romans
4. What does Augustus do when he discovers that Julia is having sexual affairs?
(a) He orders Tiberius to return at once.
(b) He helps her divorce Tiberius and remarry.
(c) He asks her to join the Vestals.
(d) He orders her to be banished from Rome.
5. What attitude does Livia take towards Postumus?
(a) She paints him as ambitious and rude to Augustus.
(b) She suggests that he be given more honors.
(c) She decribes him as very gentle and loving.
(d) She supports him as Augustus's last grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tiberius repay Germanicus for the gold coins he gave to the soldiers?
2. Who is Athenodorus?
3. Who does Claudius blame for the mistakes that led to a Germanic uprising?
4. Which historian does Claudius hope to emulate?
5. Augustus secretly frees Postumus from exile by. . .
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)