|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Claudius give to his mother for selling his property?
(a) He says that Livilla had asked him for some money.
(b) He says that he is getting a divorce from Urgulanilla.
(c) He says that he needed to pay off gambling debts.
(d) He pretends that he wanted to buy a new house.
2. The only three men that Tiberius trusted were Sejanus, Nerva, and. . .
3. What do the eagles drop into Claudius's gown?
(a) A scroll
(b) A lamb
(c) A wolf cub
(d) An egg
4. What is Pollio's profession?
5. What project does Livia stop Claudius from completing?
(a) Getting appointed to a public position
(b) A history of his grandfather's campaigns
(c) A book about Augustus's religious reforms
(d) The building of a new library in Rome
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caligula's real name?
2. Who is assumed to become Augustus's successor when he dies?
3. How does Caligula leave the soldier's camp?
4. Why does Claudius become his mother's guardian?
5. What events trigger political unrest in Rome in 5 A.D.?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)